Author Topic: Ask Kosmonaut anything !  (Read 14721 times)

Kosmonaut

Re: Ask Kosmonaut anything !
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2007, 01:39:47 PM »
Have you ever been to the USA?

Have you ever seen Benny & Joon?

Yes, I have been to Vegas a few times, but nowhere else in the USA.

I've seen Benny & Joon about 5 years ago, i thought it was a nice film. I thought it was similar to 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape?', which i think came out at around the same. Have you seen that ? One of Leondardo diCaprio's first films. I don't think he can act nowadays, but he is great in that.
I like Johnny Depp, he's fantastic in The Libertine & Ed Wood.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2007, 02:20:43 PM »
I have both those movies. I can remember my mother renting the Gilbert Grape one when I was 8 or 9 and I can remember asking "Mom what's wrong with that guy?" pointing at Leanardo and she said "He retarded."

So I had the wrong impression that all retarded people climb water towers and they are hyper and they found their fists on the table and they always get covered in dirt. Took me a while to figure out they are not all like that and they are all different.

I didn't see Benny & Joon till I was 15 when it was on TV but I only saw parts of it and then sat down and watched it when they were in the hospital to see Joon. I didn't see the whole movie till I was 17, I remember how much Joon scared me because of her behavior but my obsession started after seeing it again on TV the next day when it was on again.

Did you think Sam was aspie in that movie or just weird?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2007, 02:32:19 PM »
I've not really seen it for a long time, and when i watched it i had not heard of aspergers. So i don't really know. I would have to say i think he was just weird.
I don't like to classify people in terms of whether they have AS or HFA or Schizophrenia or NT or whatever.
Maybe that's why i keep changing my profile thing at WP; i don't like to define myself in such terms. So i don't really see other people in them terms.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2007, 09:16:26 PM »
What is the largest amount of money that
you've made in a poker game/tourney?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 02:05:34 AM »
When did you go to Las Vegas? Why did you go there?

I hate that city because there is no history to it. They're always tearing down buildings and building new ones.  :grrr: I like old buildings.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2007, 02:42:09 AM »
I first went to Vegas in 1998 i think.
I've always enjoyed gambling and I used to play a lot of cards, so Vegas is the place to go.
There is a history to the place, but it doesn't go back very far, about 1910 i think and involves a lot of seedy characters, so there are no old buildings.
Been a couple of times since but not for a few years. I was going to go this summer, i was getting paid to play poker and was trying to get some sort of deal to play in vegas while the world series was on. But things fell through, i stopped getting paid and haven't played card since.
I have heard Vegas has changed a lot since i last went.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2007, 12:26:56 PM »
Do you like fluorescent lights?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2007, 01:17:03 PM »
I don't mind really.
Im not keen on purple coloured lights though. My PC has a purple colour light on the front. So it used to really annoy me when it was dark, or the first thing i saw in the morning was this piercing purple light ( i rarely turn the machine off - usually just standby). Anyway, i stuck a piece of cardboard over it.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2007, 01:29:21 PM »
Yeah the purple ones are annoying and give me a headache after a while. I can't stand bright light.

How often do you hear them buzzing or humming?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2007, 02:18:17 PM »
I've not noticed. I have one in the kitchen and i cant hear that, the fridge is louder.
But some of the larger ones in the corridors and stairway i can hear ( i live in an apartment block). They don't bother though, except when they start to break down and start flickering.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2007, 02:12:13 PM »

I hate that city because there is no history to it. They're always tearing down buildings and building new ones.  :grrr: I like old buildings.
You should stay at the hotel I stayed at then.  We got the place for $20... for the entire week.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2007, 04:35:42 PM »
What is the largest amount of money that
you've made in a poker game/tourney?

I finished 7th out of 100+ players in a £1500 buyin event in London 2003. Paid about £5000.
That was the biggest event ive played in with my own money.
It's a different game nowadays.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2007, 04:39:30 PM »
Are you religious?
No, never been religious.
Went through a spell reading about buddhism. Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance, and meditating, that sort of thing - lol
But i guess that's more of a philosophy than a religion.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2007, 04:44:22 PM »

You should stay at the hotel I stayed at then.  We got the place for $20... for the entire week.

lol
Which one was that ? ive stayed at the Imperial Palace last couple of times. Very good value, a bit more than $20 for a week though. 

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2007, 04:55:54 PM »

lol
Which one was that ? ive stayed at the Imperial Palace last couple of times. Very good value, a bit more than $20 for a week though. 

Yeah, I've stayed at the Imperial Palace, I can think of two things wrong with that name.

We stayed at Binion's on Fremont street.  Spent more in cab rides getting south to the strip than we did for the hotel itself.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.