Educational

Author Topic: Ask Kosmonaut anything !  (Read 14665 times)

Kosmonaut

Re: Ask Kosmonaut anything !
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2007, 12:05:48 PM »
I don't doubt it, but it's just a label isn't it. It will probably be called something else in 10 or 20 years time. I don't really understand what it means when it says 'Have Aspergers - Diagnosed'. I mean, not all these doctors agree you know, ive had a few diagnoses ( first time i saw a doctor there was no such thing as aspergers, he just gave me some prozac and that seemed to work). The last guy i saw said i had AS, but he is an expert in the field, so he would say that wouldn't he ?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2007, 12:54:56 PM »
How often do you talk to other people IRL?  I guess I am asking if you are a bit of a hermit.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2007, 01:06:05 PM »
How often do you talk to other people IRL?  I guess I am asking if you are a bit of a hermit.
Yes, i am a bit of a hermit, although i do like to get out of the house every day.
I see my mother and father once a week. A couple of acquaintances i talk business now and then, and a few who i nod and say 'hello, how you doin?' to.
I had an argument with a woman in the supermarket today; the most words i have said to someone new for sometime.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2007, 01:07:06 PM »
Yes, i am a bit of a hermit, although i do like to get out of the house every day.
I see my mother and father once a week. A couple of acquaintances i talk business now and then, and a few who i nod and say 'hello, how you doin?' to.
I had an argument with a woman in the supermarket today; the most words i have said to someone new for sometime.

Does keeping to yourself make you happy? 

Kosmonaut

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2007, 01:12:08 PM »

Yes, i used to be a lot more social, but it was causing me some problems.
I need more time to recharge and recuperate from things nowadays.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2007, 01:25:28 PM »

Yes, i used to be a lot more social, but it was causing me some problems.
I need more time to recharge and recuperate from things nowadays.

I assume problems...as in stressful?

Do you fantasize about being able to communicate better or does it not bother you?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2007, 01:40:33 PM »
Yes, stressful. Sensory overload, panic attacks, not being able to get into a conversation with people without it feeling like warfare, then paranoia. Generally not being able to chill-out.
I am calmer now.
I wouldn't say i fantasize about being able to communicate better, i have tried to improve my skills in the past. But now i realize it's just something i am terrible at. Everyone is good and bad at certain things, i can't complain with 'my lot.'

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2007, 01:49:35 PM »
Yes, stressful. Sensory overload, panic attacks, not being able to get into a conversation with people without it feeling like warfare, then paranoia. Generally not being able to chill-out.
I am calmer now.
I wouldn't say i fantasize about being able to communicate better, i have tried to improve my skills in the past. But now i realize it's just something i am terrible at. Everyone is good and bad at certain things, i can't complain with 'my lot.'

OK, no more questions for now...you can relax!  :laugh:

Kosmonaut

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2007, 01:53:27 PM »
I am calmer now.

OK, no more questions for now...you can relax!  :laugh:

;D i thought i was coping quite well: but i need to get some food now anyway.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2007, 02:02:18 PM »
Do you like Sesame street?

Do you watch it?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2007, 02:11:04 PM »
I haven't watched it for a long time.
I used to like watching it when i was a child even though most of the characters i found very annoying; but there was some funny ones too.
I liked the one who lived in the trash-can, think he was called grouch, i can't remember.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2007, 02:13:07 PM »
I used to like watching it when i was a child even though most of the characters i found very annoying; but there was some funny ones too.
I liked the one who lived in the trash-can, think he was called grouch, i can't remember.

Oscar the Grouch.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2007, 02:54:08 AM »

Oscar the Grouch.

:clap:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »
Have you ever been to the USA?

Have you ever seen Benny & Joon?

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »

Oscar the Grouch.
As Dave Chappele said, "Of course he's a grouch, he lives in a fuckin garbage can!"
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.