Educational

Author Topic: Unemployed bums  (Read 8206 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Unemployed bums
« on: May 05, 2007, 09:02:31 PM »
Are you soft? Would you allow unemployed bums to hang around your house without paying any rent? Even if they are your friends? One of my friends is letting bums do this, and I can't see how he could be so soft.

They whine about being poor and make no effort whatsoever to change it. - Especially in this country - they've got no excuse. The government is so soft.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Unemployed bums
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:08:35 PM »
I guess for me it would depend on how close the friend was and how long it went on.

Teejay

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:11:20 PM »
This quiz needs more options, there are a lot of people in my country who try very hard to find work, but can't get it for various reasons, too old, not enough experience/skills.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 09:13:25 PM »
I don't see a reasonable option there.
I'd like to be an unemployed bum again
(and am as close as I can manage right
now), but am not.

On the other hand, I don't see what
concern it is of anyone's what someone
else chooses to do with their money.

If I had anyone I cared about, I'd sure
the hell let them leech of me, as much
as they liked. That's what friends are for.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 09:22:12 PM »
kick them out and watch as natural selection takes its course.

sink or swim, baby!
Misunderstood.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 09:22:50 PM »
This quiz needs more options, there are a lot of people in my country who try very hard to find work, but can't get it for various reasons, too old, not enough experience/skills.

Well, they could do a course in something. Or go to a supermarket and pack the bags.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 09:23:17 PM »
Kick them out of someone else's house?

Teejay

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 09:31:42 PM »

Well, they could do a course in something. Or go to a supermarket and pack the bags.

I dunno about the worth of TAFE or Vocational college courses. I got nothing apart from entering university with my TAFE course in Accounting.

Our supermarkets do not have bag packing jobs, the cashers do that stuff. Although there are supermarket trolley collection jobs. I did that for a little while it was very hard work. I had to quit because I could not understand instructions that weren't clearly laid out and it also it was a very physical job.

I fear a lot if I have to quit from university (I feel I am not doing well enough currently to continue). I will go back to endlessly looking in vain for a job, doing courses and volunteer work which go nowhere. Spending my life on the disability pension, even with assistance from the local disability employment agency.

I know now where my concern for the unemployed comes from. The jobs chronically unemployed people can get in the USA and probably New Zealand, aren't on offer a lot of the time here.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 09:34:08 PM by Gamma Male »

Scrapheap

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 09:44:50 PM »
Homeless people are often Drug/Alcohol addicted or mentaly incompetent.

The bums who need psychiatric care are probably the only true victims. The drug addicted need to check themselves into rehab.

Unless a country had large scale unemployment, there's no excuse not to have a job.

I got my current job as an indrect result of taking high school metal shop. You can take wood shop an learn construction or furniture making, cabinet building. There's no reason to be in your early 20's without marketable job skills.

Teejay

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 09:54:54 PM »

The bums who need psychiatric care are probably the only true victims. The drug addicted need to check themselves into rehab.

Unless a country had large scale unemployment, there's no excuse not to have a job.

I got my current job as an indrect result of taking high school metal shop. You can take wood shop an learn construction or furniture making, cabinet building. There's no reason to be in your early 20's without marketable job skills.

We do have large scale unemployment in Australia.

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 10:01:31 PM »

That's adifferent story then.

In a situation like that, if I had a job and some space to spare, I'd take somebody in just as long as there were willing to do a small amount of work in exchange. I'd help some one down on their luck. I wouldn't help a lazy shiftless bum.

Offline paradox

• Constant Poster
  • babbling randomly in a reality near you
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 04:06:17 AM »

and centerlink, people should be able 2 support themself on that, if you are Careful.

oh really,. what about aspies i would not call us mentally incompetent, but we can find it really hard to get a job.
I have never understood why it should be necessity to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or indeed why it should be necessity to prove it at all - Avon

Litigious

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 04:35:24 AM »
One other Swedish aspie guy I know think that all NTs should pay taxes to us aspies to live on due to all unjustice ever made to us by NTs. He's a social democrat, but I agree with him on this one. It's also the same guy who sold me amphetamine illegally, so he's not a coward either.  8)

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 04:36:59 AM »
 I think people who are lucky enough to have never been in the position where they were unfit for work could try being a little less judgemental of those that have.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 04:42:02 AM »
Yeah, but people are unfit for a lot of
reasons, and I don't know if I think
that being aspie, is deserving of
special treatment.