Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106467 times)

duncvis

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2007, 08:13:45 AM »
Infected Mushroom - BP Empire. Belting album - creative, hard edged goa techno with huge beats. Their best in my opinion. *dances like mad bastard*

duncvis

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 05:41:18 AM »
Meat Beat Manifesto - Satyricon. Innovative, highly influential fusion of industrial, techno and hip-hop styles - MBM pwn. Beg borrow or steal this album! :headbang: Oh and if that isn't enough, its funky enough to stop a charging rhino in its tracks. O0

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2007, 07:43:51 AM »
That's a classic! I knew if we compared notes long enough, we would discover some album that we both have. I also have their "Armed Audio Warfare", but it's a re-master/re-issue. I've never heard the original. Often a second-guessing, heavy-handed engineer fucks up and loses a band's original intentions, but the AAW re-master still kicks a good bit of ass.

:headbang:

(I still can't understand why some your detractors call your music preferences "heavy metal")
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2007, 08:03:49 AM »
I have Armed Audio Warfare too, but Satyricon rules.  :green:

(I still can't understand why some your detractors call your music preferences "heavy metal")

Because they're fuckwits, mostly. :wanker:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2007, 08:42:04 AM »
I have Armed Audio Warfare too, but Satyricon rules.  :green:

Because they're fuckwits, mostly. :wanker:

I agree, Satyricon RULES!! The Satyricon work has a more mature and yet, still more diverging-from-norm (at the time) sound that grabs me, not to mention their "sampling" or whatever is much higher quality. I can't "listen away" until I get full. As an older group, they have a few more albums to explore, but I would have to order them. I haunt the used market and it seems that people don't sell the good stuff very often.

(From what I can tell, those fuckwits are the, mostly ignored, sons of Ignorant Bastard's Sons.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2007, 08:46:23 AM »

I'm going to be "home alone" for a couple of hours, today and I'm planning a Blue Oyster Cult concert. I have two boots, recorded Live, I ordered from their site, that I haven't heard outside of headphones, yet.

duncvis

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2007, 08:51:17 AM »
Sounds like fun. btw, if you're digging out MBM albums, I suggest Subliminal Sandwich - 99% (which comes between the AAW material and Satyricon) has less to get your teeth into, but Subliminal Sandwich should keep you busy if you can find it. :thumbup:

I'm on a Goth-flavoured industrial rock afternoon here (or is that industrial-flavoured Gothic rock? genre tags are useful, but sometimes a bit stupid) - got Killing Miranda - Transgression By Numbers on now, then some Alien Sex Fiend when I get back from picking my boy up.  >:D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:53:31 AM by duncvis »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2007, 12:36:34 PM »
Cream, "Disraeli Gears"

duncvis

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2007, 03:10:42 PM »
Cream, "Disraeli Gears"

Heh, haven't listened to that in years... :stoned:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »
It's the kind of mood I'm in. Lots of stuff I haven't heard in a while appeals to me, right now or just old stuff, in general.

Soft White Underbelly, the precursor to Blue Oyster Cult. A bootleg CD (from their site), which supposedly contains three tracks recorded at Fillmore, were they bombed and, producer/promoter, Sandy Pearlman changed the band's name to Oaxaca, for Christ's sake.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2007, 11:03:33 AM »
I guess people at the Fillmore, that night in '68, weren't into BOC. To me, an avid fan of BOC, SWU sounds very similar to their concerts from the early seventies. Eric Bloom was still doing sound for this show and the "EVIL Incarnate" vocals were not there, since that style is one of the things he brought onboard, when he took the stage.

"Song Remains The Same" DVD in surround ... not bad at all.

duncvis

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2007, 01:01:28 PM »
BOC to me = Boards Of Canada.  8)

Enjoying a make it up as I go along playlist. Last 10 tracks -

:Wumpscut: - Soylent Green
Velvet Acid Christ - Disconnected Nightmare
Killing Joke - Eighties (the one Nirvana nicked the bassline from for 'Come As You Are'  :police: )
VNV Nation - Chrome
KMFDM - A Drug Against War
Killing Miranda - Touched by Jesus
Meat Beat Manifesto - Prime Audio Soup
Placebo - The Bitter End
Propagandhi - Back To The Motor League
Levellers - Men-an-Tol

:rock:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2007, 02:20:12 PM »
BOC to me = Boards Of Canada.  8)

:rock:

:LMAO:

Of course! All things progress.

I guess I should keep to the traditional band logo: BÖC or maybe B Ö'Cult, for fun.

Right now:

Led Zeppelin, "How The West Was Won"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 02:22:19 PM by DirtDawg »

duncvis

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2007, 11:00:40 AM »
Having a German day today.  ;D

Started off with Rammstein and Rotersand this morning, Tanzwut and :Wumpscut: this afternoon. Will likely move on to some  KMFDM and Funker Vogt in a bit, and maybe Haujobb or Project Pitchfork later.  >:D

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2007, 12:48:41 PM »
My son is sick, again and I need to spend more tme outside, digging, so he chose jazz. He's a cool cat. He likes fifties and sixties jazz, whereas, my daughter is the headbanger. You would be amazed at the musical education I have given them, both. Their school music teacher remains in awe.

Hey, even if they stay in public school, I can still "home school" what I know.

Thelonius Monk spinning.