Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 106450 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 11:33:20 AM »
Correction to earlier post:

"The Spanish word hocico means snout and is a derogatory term that indicates ugliness (e.g., ugly as a dog's snout), and is used in phrases like cállate el pinche hocico, meaning shut your damn mouth."

I guess putting your snout into places it doesn't belong also applies to the slang usage.

English version of the Hocico site.
From the few samples I've heard I am interested in more. Thanks, Dunc.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 11:41:53 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 08:47:57 PM »

Electric Ladyland
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 08:50:24 PM »

Electric Ladyland

I fucking love that album. O0

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 08:27:53 AM »
Continuing the Hendrix theme with, "Morning Symphony Ideas"

It's just Jimi jammin' in his bedroom with the recorder rollin', probably stoned and mostly naked, just trying out stuff, but it is amazing.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 08:29:45 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 12:13:55 PM »
Okay I will stay out. ;)

Won't tell what Bands I like either. :P

Take that silly hat with you, too.
I thought I better leave here just so You now I was here in the end.

I hope you know I was just playing around, Kevv. I want you to list what you like to listen to, also. In fact, I might be able to make a case that those who don't participate may actually be the only ones excluded, but I thought I was wrong once. I was mistaken, instead.

Don't you enjoy some classical? Know of any currently touring musicians I could watch for? I haven't heard any classical music in about two weeks. I have listened to every classical recording I have so often that I'm bored with them. I want something new ... well, new to me and that should be easy, since only about one twentieth of my music collection is classical.

duncvis

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 12:30:32 PM »
Enjoying some Project Pitchfork - crunchy, danceable electro-industrial in the tradition of Front Line Assembly - gets quite experimental and conceptual. Prog electro? Sometimes. Fucking good band.  8)

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »
Just enjoying the discovery that Appetite for Destruction is the perfect album to write smut too  :evillaugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 01:01:33 PM »

The Music quiz asked a question about which made me think.
It mentioned Stevie Wonder and that reminded me of a box of records I bought at a church flea market for ten bucks, just before Christmas. I haven't even cleaned them up, yet, but there were about seven or eight SW albums in the pile. It's about sixty pieces of vinyl, I haven't even looked through. I have funwork to do.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 06:43:26 PM »
Excellent thread so 'bump'.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 02:24:30 AM »
I finally got this box of records warmed up enough to explore. They were really cold and I was afraid that if I just brought them into the house they would become wet from condensation, so I bagged them up in garbage bags before I brought them inside.

There are nine Stevie Wonder albums, four Isaac Hayes (Theme from Shaft), three Quincy Jones, two Curtis Mayfield, three Aretha Franklin, three Curtis Knight (haven't figured out if Jimi Hendrix plays on these or not) two Bill Cosby (I'm sure it's just comedy) two James Brown, nine Nat King Cole, four Sammy DavisJr, seven Miles Davis (the real reason I bought the lot), including a Live four LP set from the Fillmore East concerts (experimental, "religious" like Pink Floyd with a funky horn band) and many other motown hit artists. My collection suffers from a lack of historically significant motown music and this box is nice to have. Imagine taking an eclectic collection of classic albums, removing the white boy dance music and what you have left is the cool stuff. Seriously, there is not a white artist in this box. Take it back there is a Dean Martin Christmas album, which I might use as a frisbee.

:woohoo:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2007, 02:25:59 AM »
 Spinning the original "Theme From Shaft", right now on vinyl. I want to crank it up, but the kids are asleep.

duncvis

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2007, 03:46:46 AM »
Waking up with some early 90s KMFDM... :headbang:

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »
Currently listening to Iggy Pop's Mass Production from the album entitled The Idiot. This song is Iggy's foray into the first wave of Industrial music. The album also features The Original version of David Bowie's rather lackluster hit 'China Girl'. Bowie produced this album, and also does backing vocals on China Girl. --This album was released in 1977.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
The Audio Book of Richard Dawkins "God Delusion".

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2007, 12:23:15 PM »
Currently listening to Pink Floyd's Echoes. Previously listening to the Sunn0))) and Boris collaboration Bloodswamp
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"