Educational

Author Topic: Special treatment??  (Read 3316 times)

Devil's Advocate

Special treatment??
« on: February 04, 2007, 01:21:19 AM »
 Since there's so much effort to keep Intensity from becoming a "Sausage Party" ,have we gone too far and are we treating women with kid's gloves and giving them special treatment??

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Special treatment??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 02:33:25 AM »
I treat women well on a seperate basis than the desire for intensity to not become a sausage party, however, my reasons may be just as ethically unacceptable.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 02:41:38 AM »
No, I think they have not received any special treatment other than the kind of occasional common courtesy that should be extended to everybody.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 04:30:44 AM »
I'd hope we're not treating anyone with kid gloves. We're not a frigging babysitting service! But we do have a history of calling people cunts and winding them up for loads of better reasons than their gender, colour or religion.

No, I think they have not received any special treatment other than the kind of occasional common courtesy that should be extended to everybody.

I'd broadly agree with this, but I'd hate to see this place becoming more sensitive and emo-friendly. The last thing we need is to attract too many Wrong Planeteers.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 04:43:14 AM »
I think some people from wrong planet could benefit from what we have to teach them.  But I treat females differently because of my own weak, personal problems.  (I am not entirely certain I do, but I assume I do.)

duncvis

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 04:54:14 AM »
I'll put it bluntly Nomaken - it gets fucking boring, when people bring whining and negativity to Intensity, and people start feeling obliged to tiptoe around folk and watch their mouths. It just fucks things up and kills the fun, and can make people feel stifled.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 04:58:19 AM »
I find negative and sensative people engaging.  I feel like they are challenges.  Academic challenges are nothing compared to social ones.  I definitely don't find them boring. --- But what does that have to do with this thread?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 05:00:13 AM »
I'd like to add to my previous post that common courtesy doesn't mean that I want to turn this place into some ghastly support forum. There are enough of those already, and some of them are really good.

It just means that we don't have to start by telling the emos to fuck off. I usually wait until the third or fourth post. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 05:02:32 AM »
I feel an instinctive desire to support "emo" people.  An instinctive desire to make people happy.  Especially the most unhappy people.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 05:04:29 AM »
Since there's so much effort to keep Intensity from becoming a "Sausage Party" ,have we gone too far and are we treating women with kid's gloves and giving them special treatment??

Personally I don't agree that there has been a lot of effort made towards improving the sausage party feel of the site, and I don't believe that the recent dullness of the board has anything to do with women being given special treatment.   But I think you are right in the sense that there is some special/kid glove treatment going on, just that its happening with both male and female members (or at least it seems that way to me).

The ironic thing is, is that its because of this that I'm reluctant to post my opinion on this- but I'm going to do it anyway- there are some members who seem over-sensitive just lately and yeah, that means that a lot of the time I feel like I have to watch what I say in case someone has a fit about it.  I think common courtesy is one thing, but on a site full of people with TOM issues having to guess how people will take every little comment you make doesn't lead to a good atmosphere in my opinion.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 05:10:53 AM »

I don't think so.  There are some people here who try to be kind to people who are having problems, but I don't think that it is gender-based.

Lately there has been a guy pretending to be a pirate and running around with a cutlass for a joke.  There may be a few people who would like to take that cutlass away from him but I don't think that is gender based either.

duncvis

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 05:13:47 AM »

I don't think so.  There are some people here who try to be kind to people who are having problems, but I don't think that it is gender-based.

Lately there has been a guy pretending to be a pirate and running around with a cutlass for a joke.  There may be a few people who would like to stick that cutlass up his arse but I don't think that is gender based either.

And again, with the 'real thoughts' filter applied...  >:D

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 05:14:18 AM »
I dont understand gender(in the forum).  The same that I dont know names.  I love people who are not loved.  I dont care who or what they are.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 05:19:17 AM by Nomaken »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 05:19:35 AM »

I don't think so.  There are some people here who try to be kind to people who are having problems, but I don't think that it is gender-based.

Lately there has been a guy pretending to be a pirate and running around with a cutlass for a joke.  There may be a few people who would like to stick that cutlass up his arse but I don't think that is gender based either.

And again, with the 'real thoughts' filter applied...  >:D

:laugh:

How did you read my mind?  I had " and do things to him with it" but I changed it so I wouldn't scare the Devil's Advocate.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 05:20:26 AM »
I dont understand gender.  The same that I dont know names.  I love people who are not loved.  I dont care who or what they are.

How can you really love someone you don't even know?  Just saying 'I love you' doesn't make it true no matter how much you might want it to or how much it fits in with a developed image.