Educational

Author Topic: Special treatment??  (Read 3322 times)

duncvis

Re: Special treatment??
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 05:23:12 AM »
Soppy twat.  ::) :violin:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 05:30:41 AM »
I dont understand gender.  The same that I dont know names.  I love people who are not loved.  I dont care who or what they are.

How can you really love someone you don't even know?  Just saying 'I love you' doesn't make it true no matter how much you might want it to or how much it fits in with a developed image.

I think that you and Nomaken are thinking of different definitions of the word "love" Purposeful Insanity.

Using your definition of the word, he can't really love someone he does not know, but using his definition of the word, he can and he does.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 05:31:10 AM »
It is very easy.  Perhaps it is not the same calibur of love you give to someone you KNOW deserves love, someone you know very well.  But I nonetheless feel love for those who are not loved.  Those abandoned by others.  And even themselves.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 05:44:41 AM »
Quote from: Callaway
I think that you and Nomaken are thinking of different definitions of the word "love" Purposeful Insanity.

Using your definition of the word, he can't really love someone he does not know, but using his definition of the word, he can and he does.

Maybe that's because I think that people throw the word love out there too easily, imo it loses any real meaning when people do that.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 05:52:01 AM »
Maybe i don't feel about them the way that deserves the word love.  I know that I have affection for them.  I feel pain for them.  I want to help them.  I want them to be happy.  If there is a word that more appropriately decribes how I feel for them besides love, I'll gladly change my word.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 05:59:21 AM »
Not necessary at all- you use whatever word you want.  My previous post is my way of explaining why I didn't believe that you could possibly love people you don't really know.  I'm expressing my opinion about the issue but I did not say that you weren't entitled to express yours.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 08:21:51 AM »

I'm guilty of treating new people, a little "special", but it's not gender based. I just want to see more come and stay, instead of turn and run, like so many do.

To be honest, the first three times I peaked in here, I didn't see many differences, between what I read here and what I read on WP, the only other AS friendly site I had seen. The thing that kept me trying, is the fact that two of my favorites from WP were already here ... Scr'eap and Tig.

I'm not sure why, but it seems as if I have been allowed extra room for my difficulties. I really don't fit in with the old guard of Intensity at all, but I do enjoy some of the conversations and I don't fit in most places, any better, anyway.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 08:35:37 AM »
Which one's the old guard of Intensity? ???
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2007, 08:54:40 AM »

People with post counts above mine, what else?

Surely, you didn't think I was talking politics.
 :laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007, 09:21:31 AM »
PI, i think what Nomaken means is the universal unconditional love most people feel toward everyone, empathy, caring... we are all chips from the same block of wood so there is a love between us all, but fear is what clouds that love for a lot of people so we can't really access all that fuzzy mojo so easily and spread it around to everybody. so we select the ones we get along with and don't fear and show them love instead, which is all fine and dandy but it's not the same as the already existing love. excuse me if i am not being very concise, i feel like my brain is lopsided. :violin:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007, 09:31:30 AM »
PI, i think what Nomaken means is the universal unconditional love most people feel toward everyone, empathy, caring... we are all chips from the same block of wood so there is a love between us all, but fear is what clouds that love for a lot of people so we can't really access all that fuzzy mojo so easily and spread it around to everybody. so we select the ones we get along with and don't fear and show them love instead, which is all fine and dandy but it's not the same as the already existing love. excuse me if i am not being very concise, i feel like my brain is lopsided. :violin:
Mine is lollipopsided, most of the time, but I got your meaning and I think you are right.
I think we all wish we could live "Imagine" in our real lives, even if it's a private feeling.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2007, 10:04:01 AM »

I got to thinking that maybe my use of that expression is not very common, so I went to Wiki ...

# Old Guard is a term used to describe part of the Leather subculture from which much of modern BDSM is derived.
(I did not know about this usage! :laugh:)

# The Old Guard was a Jedi selected group, membered by Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku, Roan Shryne, Qui-Gon Jinn, Sifo Dyas, Mace Windu and others who were or would also be members of the High Council in Star Wars.
(This is closer to the type of meaning as I was intending to have others reflect upon)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2007, 10:05:37 AM »

SHIT!

Now, I'm treating Odeon special.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2007, 10:07:17 AM »
lollipopsided earned you some plussin :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Graelwyn

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2007, 10:08:23 AM »
Since there's so much effort to keep Intensity from becoming a "Sausage Party" ,have we gone too far and are we treating women with kid's gloves and giving them special treatment??

I don't think so.  There are some people here who try to be kind to people who are having problems, but I don't think that it is gender-based.

Lately there has been a guy pretending to be a pirate and running around with a cutlass for a joke.  There may be a few people who would like to take that cutlass away from him but I don't think that is gender based either.

:laugh: I like that cutlass wielding guy. He is sort of funny in a Pirates of the caribbean way.