Author Topic: The Fate of Empires  (Read 251 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
The Fate of Empires
« on: January 29, 2019, 12:42:34 PM »
I re-discovered this and it answers a question asked by PMS Elle.

On immigration, we need to cut off immigration from Mexico. We already have more than enough here and California has already become Northern Mexico. No nation ever survives mass immigration like this, it's historicaly 100% fatal. California will either become an independent nation, or join with Mexico.
Could you explain in more detail what you think is going to end up happening as a result of immigration from Mexico, and what the historical precedent you're referencing is (or at least a sampling of it)?

http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
Re: The Fate of Empires
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 01:55:13 PM »
No one wants to talk about this??

Basically what he's saying is that the 2024 election could be the very last in American history.

We will be ruled directly by our Silicon Valley Oligarchs after that. Hail Zuckerberg!!!   :hitler:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 06:47:09 PM »

Basically what he's saying is that the 2024 election could be the very last in American history.

We will be ruled directly by our Silicon Valley Oligarchs after that. Hail Zuckerberg!!!   :hitler:

I took a look at it. It is interesting. He's got some good pre-globalisation and pre-neoliberalism observations in there.

I'm assuming that the author is long dead. It would be interesting to see what his current observations would be. This is a 43-year-old book. Trajectories have changed. We're taking a slightly different path to destruction than the path he observed in 1976.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:17:05 PM »

I took a look at it. It is interesting. He's got some good pre-globalisation and pre-neoliberalism observations in there.

I'm assuming that the author is long dead. It would be interesting to see what his current observations would be. This is a 43-year-old book. Trajectories have changed. We're taking a slightly different path to destruction than the path he observed in 1976.

If you read far enough that's basically what he said.

After the 250 year cycle runs its course, the fate of the former empire can go in a dozen different directions.

The US isn't going to end in 2026, it's just that in that approximate timeframe, the US, as it has existed in the past as a global power, will cease. After that many things could possibly happen to the US. It could re-boot as a dictatorship like the Romans or its power could fade and maybe even lose some territory. Only time will tell.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 05:47:48 PM »
Yeah, it was really just a quick look on the train. My train journey is about 30 munutes, I probably spent about 20 minutes skimming over the link and reading anything that looked a bit interesting in a bit more depth.

The stats he provides look pretty compelling but.... he's cherrypicked those a bit, hasn't he? The Soviet Empire lasted a lot less than 250 years. As did the 3rd Reich. As did the Japanese empire.

A couple of things he said made it clear that he wrote it before the single European currency came into effect, and before travel within the EU became effectively passport-free once you are in.

It was obviously also written before globalisation came into effect and barriers to trade were largely eliminated. He spoke about how in the ancient empires people could purchase goods from far flung places and compared that to the restrictions on trade in place in 1976. Well, if I go to a shopping mall here in Australia I would be very hard pressed to find anything at all that isn't from some far-flung part of the world. About the only products that are more local than imported are perishable food items.

In terms of the end days of an empire (or superpower that often behaves like an empire), well I'd say it's fairly obvious that the United States is in decline as a global power. Globalisation IMO has a lot to do with that, shifting so much manufacturing and services offshore in a corporate "race to the bottom". It's not really a great path to prosperity unless you are a billionaire.

He also spoke about the great cities of empires becoming racially diverse. In modern times, it seems to me, this is more about globalisation and neoliberalism. The city I live in has never been the capital of an empire or anything remotely close to that, and yet the racial and cultural diversity here is off the charts. It's the same in many cities around the world, except maybe in Japan. And being more racially and culturally homogenous certainly hasn't prevented Japan's decline as an economic superpower.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass