Educational

Author Topic: Facebook's Thought Policing.  (Read 714 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Facebook's Though Policing.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 09:22:38 PM »
Who gets to decide what is and isn't hate speech though??

As it stands right now, silicon valley is defining hate speech as anything that challenges the Leftist dogmatic orthodoxy.

We're already seeing this on Twitter and since many "journalists" source from Twitter, that skews the news in a Leftist direction. Twitter is indirectly creating propaganda this way.

So Twitter is indirectly creating left-wing propaganda by eliminating what it considers hate speech?

As opposed to FOX News and affiliated news sources which very deliberately create right-wing propaganda?

My heart bleeds for the poor rightists.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Facebook's Thought Policing.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 12:53:41 AM »
The rightists have been WRONGED! :rofl:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Facebook's Though Policing.
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 06:54:04 AM »
Who gets to decide what is and isn't hate speech though??

As it stands right now, silicon valley is defining hate speech as anything that challenges the Leftist dogmatic orthodoxy.

We're already seeing this on Twitter and since many "journalists" source from Twitter, that skews the news in a Leftist direction. Twitter is indirectly creating propaganda this way.

So Twitter is indirectly creating left-wing propaganda by eliminating what it considers hate speech?

As opposed to FOX News and affiliated news sources which very deliberately create right-wing propaganda?

My heart bleeds for the poor rightists.

No there is ideological viewpoints on both sides of the political divide. Years ago the Right were trying to de-platform, censor and sink their hooks into culture and social mores. I was opposed to that. It was a time before the social media we have today and they were not as pervasive as the Progressive Left today. But it was still wrong and for the same reasons. Don't like these violent games and rock music and think it is all the work of the devil? Too bad. Play or do something else. Make other choices but do not limit other people's experiences and expressions because they run counter to yours. 

Now the Progressive Left do it and not under the guise of moral religiosity as the Right did but under some bizarre belief that views that do not fit a particular brand of Leftist ideology is "hateful" or harmful.

It was bad when the Right did it and it is bad when the Left does it.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 08:01:09 AM »
Facebook has a right to choose not to carry hate speech. Simple as that.

Now that doesn't seem fair to the rightists who are full of hate and who love their hate speech. And they're butthurt.

They should start their own social media platform and give it a catchy name. Like "hatebook".
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 08:45:01 AM »
Facebook has a right to choose not to carry hate speech. Simple as that.

Now that doesn't seem fair to the rightists who are full of hate and who love their hate speech. And they're butthurt.

They should start their own social media platform and give it a catchy name. Like "hatebook".

Except of course that the people on the Right getting banned are NOT enacting hate speech and the people on the Left that reply in equally divisive terms are not banned. It is purely censoring on ideological grounds.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 04:20:48 AM »
Poor rightists. What's the world coming to when you can't post your hating on FB?

Twitter still allows the orange moron to tweet, though, so there's hope.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein