Educational

Author Topic: this article sums up everything I hate about the whiners on WP  (Read 7455 times)

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: this artice sums up everything I hate about the whiners on WP
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 10:40:15 AM »
I found this a bit much (and they wonder why NTs bully them!)

by violet_yoshi on Friday, November 10 @ 17:57:04 EST
(User Info | Send a Message)
I would've told the managerial woman, "Obviously your disability training did nothing. Stop whining about how you did it, like a child accused of not doing their homework. Clearly they only care to train you about how to handle VISABLE disabilities, not deal with people who have NON-VISABLE disabilities. That's right, some people are disabled but don't look disabled. I know how scary that is, and how it makes you want to run to mommy. It's a fact of life, and unless you want a lawsuit, you're going to have to learn to deal with it. I am not a child, and you will not treat me as such. I am a person upset for missing my flight, because of YOUR inability to DO YOUR JOB!" I bet if that happened, I'd be on an episode of Airline.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 02:22:32 PM »

I would've told the managerial woman, "Obviously your disability training did nothing. Stop whining about how you did it, like a child accused of not doing their homework. Clearly they only care to train you about how to handle VISABLE disabilities, not deal with people who have NON-VISABLE disabilities. That's right, some people are disabled but don't look disabled. I know how scary that is, and how it makes you want to run to mommy. It's a fact of life, and unless you want a lawsuit, you're going to have to learn to deal with it. I am not a child, and you will not treat me as such. I am a person upset for missing my flight, because of YOUR inability to DO YOUR JOB!" I bet if that happened, I'd be on an episode of Airline.

Yes, it looks like Violet Yoshi has a rather large sense of entitlement there, Tom.

Chips and beans:
Anorexic - £0.40
Little old lady - £0.80
Regular - £1.60
American - £3.20

Trust me i've seen old people chow down the grub. Some little old ladies just take it and don't eat it.

From my limited experience, elderly people eat less than younger people, usually.  The ones I know lived through the Great Depression in the US when they were kids, so they never waste food or anything else.

ozymandias

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 04:09:47 PM »

Yes, it looks like Violet Yoshi has a rather large sense of entitlement there, Tom.

Chips and beans:
Anorexic - £0.40
Little old lady - £0.80
Regular - £1.60
American - £3.20

Trust me i've seen old people chow down the grub. Some little old ladies just take it and don't eat it.

From my limited experience, elderly people eat less than younger people, usually.  The ones I know lived through the Great Depression in the US when they were kids, so they never waste food or anything else.

I always thought the same of violent yoshi, she was one of the big whiners on AI.  As for the little old ladies taking the food and not eating it, maybe they're squirreling it away in their purse to take home.  I'v heard that happens quite bit.  And don't get me started on going to the supermarket at peak elderly time! >:(  Of course there's peak whiny toddler time, peak arrogant tourist time, peak stupid people conversing and blocking the narrowest section of the Aisle time...........I take great pains to go at the least amount of people at the store time!  Cuts down on my shopping cart rage. :angel: >:D

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 04:47:23 PM »
I try to go right after I take my daughter to school because it is pretty empty then.

I have sympathy for toddlers and their parents now that my daughter has done pretty much anything any of them could ever do.  I used to think, "Why can't their parents just control them?"  However now I know that is a bit harder than it appears to be.

:laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 05:34:40 PM »
I try to go right after I take my daughter to school because it is pretty empty then.

I have sympathy for toddlers and their parents now that my daughter has done pretty much anything any of them could ever do.  I used to think, "Why can't their parents just control them?"  However now I know that is a bit harder than it appears to be.

:laugh:

I have sympathy for most moms, too, but I get pissed at the three mom caravans with eight kids in tow, with two of the kids in those little pedal shopping carts, one pushing another kid size cart, two big enough to do a crappy job of pushing the normal carts, and three of the kids knocking stuff off on the floor.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 07:48:08 PM »

From my unlimited experience. (I work in a place old people eat at all the time, and have been there for 3 years) Your statement is not true. It may apply for some old people, but not the majority.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »

From my unlimited experience. (I work in a place old people eat at all the time, and have been there for 3 years) Your statement is not true. It may apply for some old people, but not the majority.

Maybe it could be because I am in a different country from you.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2007, 12:51:23 AM »
The person that wrote this article doesn't even post on WP.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

duncvis

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2007, 06:38:43 AM »
Alex probably snagged it from a blog ring to repost.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2007, 12:21:56 PM »
Well, she lives the WP spirit.

Litigious

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2007, 12:29:57 PM »

Maybe it could be because I am in a different country from you.

Elderly Swedes usually eat less than younger ones, at least women do, and they rarely waste any food. For my grandparent's generation it's a sin to throw away half an onion or half a tomato...

Litigious

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »
Alex probably snagged it from a blog ring to repost.

I feel the smell of sock puppet...

The_P

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »
For once, I concur with La_Mala.

I don't understand the autistic community on the internet at times. I do respect their need to vent their frustrations for being genuinely mistreated in society, but that gives them no excuse to use autism as a means to highlight their superiority over the people they call NTs. What they fail to realise is that, regardless of how their brain is functioning, they are ultimately of the same species as the ones they blame their woes upon. And why do the majority of these mouthy assholes claim disability if they are so "superior"?

And don't get me started on AFF's plans for autistics to be recognised by the U.N. as a social minority group. It's no wonder that former advocates like Joel Smith are fed up by this bullshit, and I don't blame the likes of him to think that. Hell, I'm becoming fed up of it too.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 02:58:03 PM by The_P »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2007, 03:39:46 PM »
For once, I concur with La_Mala.

I don't understand the autistic community on the internet at times. I do respect their need to vent their frustrations for being genuinely mistreated in society, but that gives them no excuse to use autism as a means to highlight their superiority over the people they call NTs. What they fail to realise is that, regardless of how their brain is functioning, they are ultimately of the same species as the ones they blame their woes upon. And why do the majority of these mouthy assholes claim disability if they are so "superior"?

And don't get me started on AFF's plans for autistics to be recognised by the U.N. as a social minority group. It's no wonder that former advocates like Joel Smith are fed up by this bullshit, and I don't blame the likes of him to think that. Hell, I'm becoming fed up of it too.

I think we should start a "Bone Yard" thread for karma specifically attributed to individual guests, kind of like the "Members Choice", but for guests that make sense. Thanks P. In the mean time La Mala is going to hold a Karma point for you.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2007, 04:26:47 PM »
I am a whiner, but I whine about myself, and my own inadaquacies.  What I hate about these whiners is the lack of personal responsibility.  There problems are the fault of everyone in the world other than themselves.  If they beat someone up, the beat person is to blame for not being able to handle their autistic rage properly. etc etc.