Author Topic: Elderly men bust out of nursing home to attend heavy metal festival  (Read 519 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
https://pickle.nine.com.au/2018/08/06/13/27/men-esacape-nursing-home-metal-festival

I love this story. Even if it's not true (which is very likely).

Two elderly men busted out of a nursing home to go to a heavy metal festival.

That's how I want to grow old!!!  :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2:
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Elderly men bust out of nursing home to attend heavy metal festival
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 03:33:46 AM »
https://pickle.nine.com.au/2018/08/06/13/27/men-esacape-nursing-home-metal-festival

That's how I want to grow old!!!  :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2:

No
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 04:25:14 AM »
IMO  its pretty fucked up they would have to plan an escape, seeing as they obviously had capacity, to wish to go, and to go, the old, assuming the case is not one of 24-7 care due to dementia, where they present a danger to themselves, that all they ought need do is say 'right, we are fucking off to go rock the fuck out, smell you later'

I HATE the idea of ever going into a nursing home. I hope something blows  me to pieces quickly, before I would be forcibly stuck in  one, its one personal idea of hell, the likes  of having to ESCAPE  just to go to a fucking festival, or sneak out at night to go run a lab in secret, because 'oh, no, you can't do that! your OLD, you can't be trusted near those oh so scary chemicals!' it makes my blood run cold, the thought of rotting in a prison with gold-plated bars for the rest of my days. I'd far sooner end things on my own terms. A joint in my mouth, a gin and tonic on the rocks in one hand and a sawnoff in the other. Not to drag it out, existing instead of living.  Because fick mich, there IS a difference. Merely to eat, drink, breath, piss and shit is not life, it is the minimum for physical bodily existence. And that, plus captivity, is nothing but suffering.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 04:29:59 AM »
I'm with you Lestat. Do not go gently....
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 04:48:49 AM »
This part of the article aggravates me a bit:

“However, the two seemed disoriented and apathetic.”

But hell, I have been to enough metal concerts to expect that toward the end of the night from just about anyone. If not then the concert probably sucked ass.

Making it sound as if they had to escape to attend aggravates me even more. WTF kind of place would one have to escape from to hit a music site or two?

Kind of agree with L here, too, but not sure what Al's one word answer means. I can blow myself up, but being a fucking pussy, I would probably just take too much of my HBP meds if the pleasure of dragging all that amazing life of mine behind me becomes too painful.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 05:18:56 AM »
Hell no. I'll need only one round for myself, that leaves a pocket full of shells and two in the chamber for whatever hell-spawn I may meet for my (rather long list of) sins on the other side. Bastards better get ready, because when I go out, they are going to find that hell has come under new motherfucking management and that anyone not down with the new order of business is going to find out what happens when you jam a 12-ga sawnoff in the mouth of a demon and loose both barrels down it's throat and outa the fucker's arsehole.

Just bury me with a pair of shotguns, a fuckton of shells and my glassware and chemicals so I can dish out some nerve gas, mustard grenades, shrapnel filled pipebombs to the devils bound to be waiting for my arrival, stupidly as that might be on their part, and gimme a couple of kilos of P2NP to reduce and a few keys of top notch morphine for me to adapt to my will with said chemical supplies, and hell is coming under a whole new management style.

A simple enough one to follow, but with drastic consequences if they don't get with the plan.

I.e 'you demon-spawn work for me now. Any complaints can be referred to this 'ere 12 gauge and load of swan shot and added red phosphorus-magnesium dust just for shits and giggles and 40-foot gouts of searing acid-generating flame.'

'No complaints, I see? this is good, you can live with that.......' whats that, yes, you, you at the back there with the ten faces and horns coming out of your genitalia? problem? click-kabloeyschplorschkh!. Problem. Fucking. Solved.

And 'disoriented and apathetic' ?

Since when does one go to a heavy metal gig and NOT end up exhausted from moshing to fuck in the pits, a few crafty meth bombs snuck in and a fuckton of beer. Thats the sort of thing that NEEDS a long, long period of rest after, along with a lot more beer, a wee line of the hair of the dog, just a little bump, and a nice soothing dose of opioidergic material of some description. Preferably with a few valium, or better, a few mogadon (nitrazepam), or chlormethiazole even better and a CD player connected to a BIG bloody speaker to veg out to, smoking a nice fat packed blunt of some heavy indica parentage couch-lock hash, comedown and exhaustion? what comedown and exhaustion.

THAT is the way to end a good night out the morning after. If I'm not disoriented and apathetic before a crafty toke on an ice pipe, when all is said and done and the band has played their last for the night, I EXPECT to be exhausted and hammered and to need to sleep for the next five days after before I can do much more than wriggle out of my trench and combat boots, piss out about ten pints worth of pre-owned lager, pop a stack for comedowns and crank the metal up high enough to make sure nothing short of a tactical nuclear warhead going off nearby wakes you up until you are good and ready to wake the fuck up of one's own accord, as and when one feels like it. That and a cellphone to order takeout and potentially more gear if anyone is doing room service at the time and your golden.

Fuck yeah!

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 05:46:17 AM »

No

Okay, I know we teased you that your posts were too long and didn't make any sense. But now you've almost gone too far the other way.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 05:57:14 AM »
And DD, poison generally involves slow and suffering. Its not pretty as a way to go, unless one has access to something like batrachotoxin (dart frog poison, used by tribal amazonian indians, fired as blowgun darts, I've seen it in action, where they took down a large ape in a tree, and it was as fast as if the ape had been taken out with a .50 caliber bullet to the head, dead within seconds, dropped out of the tree the second the dart hit and was dead long before it ever hit the ground, and in a frog no bigger than a thumbnail, enough batrachotoxins, pumilliotoxins, allopumilliotoxins etc. to kill two adult bull african elephant, if it could be equally distributed weight wise, which is no more than 2mg. So quite overkill for a human, no possibility of fucking it up and ending up as vegetation. And nothing any doogooder can do, because you'd be dead before you even hit the ground, never mind the time it takes to phone an ambulance on their part. But poison is generally slow and nasty.

I've probably a thousand and one ways to go out that way so to speak, and its none of it pretty. Quick, sometimes, but it desn't mean painless. The likes of cyanide poisoning might kill within minutes, or less, but its a violent, painful, miserable death. Thats why I'd probably use an explosive to do the job. Reliable, there's no 'bullet missed enough brain tissue to leave you living, but the bad news is you are now plant life', just an instantaneous transition from suffering miserable human needing out, to pink squishy fog cloud. Thorough, and no room for 'bullet missed a vital bit, but did hit several ALMOST vital bits that all together, make for damn vital to maintaining life as meat rather than roots, leaves and cucumbers.

No room for error, and a way to maybe blow a bunch of pigs to hell, summon them all up first and give them a final middle finger, courtesy of a backpack full of 100kg of plastique and razor-wire, ball-bearings and rusty nails. Isn't it just lucky for the filth that I'm not suicidal for one, and that my stalker owns the rights to my living and breathing, my life is hers, not mine to take. Save in such awful circumstances when we both know it would be a relief from inevitable hell on earth, such as dementia. then, I know she would do the same thing, and if she was there to do so, probably pull the trigger on me if I couldn't do it for myself. Shes a real snugglypie like that :)

Interesting girl too, fiery as hell, and used to peoplewatch Tim McVeigh, was his penpal after he got done for the collateral damage done when making his pork scratchings, not to mention one sexy motherfucker, 54, IIRC now, but could do herself up with makeup if she ever wore it, to pass for early 20s, easily.  Some people age like cheese, some like fine wine, the former just get older and stinkier and slimy, while the latter just become ever more precious and all the more a treat for the senses. stalker gurrly is definitely a fine wine kinda lady. Not that I'm a wine fan actually, but a finely crafted aged spirit, something that just gets  ever more delicious as it ages. OK, so I'd  love to fuck the brains out of a ~54yo lady, so the fuck what. Only person who EVER could make me feel anything like I did for my ex, cazzie, the classically autistic riot in a 14ish-yo package full of dynamite.

14...54 (give or take a year or so), at least it proves I'm no pervert going after the young lady I was engaged to (and still to this day burn inside, in my own personal perdition of loss and emptiness, that she filled, still wish like fuck that I had gotten to put that ring on her finger, and swear myself hers until the day I die.)

I have to admit...I do seem to end up in some rather unconventional relationships. Its either some fucker that turns out to be a psychobitch in a hot outer shell, but ugly as fuck when you rip all their skin off and look at whats underneath, I seem to attract nutballs,  but the good relationships, they are ALWAYS weird, unconventional ones. twice my age, barely 14 when I'm near 20 odd (very odd in fact :P ), always classically autie and one who puts the 'class' into 'classic Kanner's autism'

And always smokin' hawt too. Always totally off the wall with regard to 'conventional' in any sense, often for some reason medically weird, with something incredibly rare in their genome, or in the case of one kassiane S, statistically should not exist, would love to get in with her though, now that is a girl with classy and hot, blazing off of her like the jet of a plasma torch. Speshul as, and any guy with taste's dream come true :autism:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 06:41:39 AM »
And DD, poison generally involves slow and suffering. Its not pretty as a way to go, 

Hey did you notice the part about the pleasure ...   :blah:

I have had a great life and I ain't a gonna end it. Even if I never find another tickle, I will still have a lot of fun times to just sit and remember. Even a metal concert or two.

Not literal with that shit.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 07:05:58 AM »

No

Okay, I know we teased you that your posts were too long and didn't make any sense. But now you've almost gone too far the other way.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »
It's an improvement.

Still not understandable, but an improvement.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 01:02:44 PM »
My nanny once busted out of her nursing home to go down to the pub at the end of the street. I was visiting her near the end of her life and she confessed it while giggling like a little girl. I loved her.  :heart:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 01:22:12 PM »
She too was held captive? :(

That IMO is wrong. Of course, those with dementia need care, but even so, they ought to be allowed to go accompanied to such things. People with capacity must IMO be free to come and to go.

And glad she got out 'raxy. I see your spirit in her, that fieryness. Shouldn't have to bust out though. Fuck, if ever I'm forced into a nursing home before I could end my life, I'd be going with a lock gun, a set of picks and tension wrenches in my baggage. Plus a few choice chemical supplies, the kind of thing which dissolves padlocks, and for regular locks, soaks in via capillary action prior to highly localized detonation and removal of any restraining bolts. The very thought of a nursing home gives me the creeps, and they'd find me to be the worst and most prolific 'runner' that they ever had or will have. Because I WILL NOT go without my lab, my pride and joy and I doubt they'd let 'some old fart' in with an NBC suit, gas mask, blast shield, and thousands of pounds worth of my precious, precious lab equipment and of course, the chemicals to go with it, make a bit of cash on the side maybe, as the pensioner's go-to for go-go and any downers or opioids to their taste. Maybe a few Es.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 01:27:39 PM »
I think at that point she wasn't supposed to leave without being accompanied. I don't know what the rules were, it was in the UK and I was only there for a short visit so I didn't know much about the system.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »
You had a nanny? :o