Educational

Author Topic: Elderly men bust out of nursing home to attend heavy metal festival  (Read 520 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Elderly men bust out of nursing home to attend heavy metal festival
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 01:30:31 PM »
UK word for grandmother.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 02:28:36 PM »
This will be me, and hopefully I will come back from the concert stoned.

I anticipate getting kicked out of the first 2 homes they put me in if I still have some of my faculties left.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »
UK word for grandmother.

Go and spoil my fantasies.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2018, 08:16:32 PM »
...Not sure I see what there is to fantasize about?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2018, 08:30:16 PM »
I suspect that Calandale is imagining a young British nanny wearing a very proper uniform.

Not so much a grandmother.

When I was a kid my siblings and I used to call our grandmother "nanny". She was English but migrated to Australia in 1912 (at the age of two).

My kids had actual nannies when they were small. I worked with a guy (in South East Asia) who still had a nanny (he was 26). He referred to her as his "maid", but when I asked why he had his own maid he told me that she had been looking after him since he was a baby.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 09:44:25 PM »
Actually, it was the whole flying with an umbrella thing.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 10:38:23 PM »
Well yeah, Mary Poppins was a young nanny in a very proper uniform. Who could fly and do other types of magic.

I can't believe that I've never seen that movie.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 12:22:51 AM »
Don't forget it's a musical too!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 03:31:50 AM »
This will be me, and hopefully I will come back from the concert stoned.

I anticipate getting kicked out of the first 2 homes they put me in if I still have some of my faculties left.

Hate to tell you but the mental faculties are not that prevalent to begin with
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 03:35:36 AM »
I suspect that Calandale is imagining a young British nanny wearing a very proper uniform.

When I was a kid my siblings and I used to call our grandmother "nanny". She was English but migrated to Australia in 1912 (at the age of two).

My kids had actual nannies when they were small. I worked with a guy (in South East Asia) who still had a nanny (he was 26). He referred to her as his "maid", but when I asked why he had his own maid he told me that she had been looking after him since he was a baby.

That is a really interesting story...wake me at the poignant or funny part.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 03:36:27 AM »
Well yeah, Mary Poppins was a young nanny in a very proper uniform. Who could fly and do other types of magic.

I can't believe that I've never seen that movie.

You can pull gophers from your arse. There is a different kind of magic.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2018, 08:49:53 AM »
IQ-you would be if we managed to get in contact. Or if not stoned, at least fucking shitfaced on  meth with a  pocket full of DIY downers (actually I can make quite good sedative-hypnotics, DIY, but  good stuff, I just keep a few unorthodox tricks up my sleeve as to what I can make them from.)

At best, vitamin B1,  for something very barbiturate-like, worst case,  something just good for hangovers/crashes etc. like chlorobutanol starting from only household bleach, acetone and caustic soda, first making chloroform from acetone via a haloform  reaction with bleach and base, then using acetone, chloroform and a catalytic base to condense it into a long acting chloral hydrate analog., so lol, they'd have to lock EVERYTHING away to stop me getting up to my old tricks. But the way I see things, is I didn't spend such a time in my old boarding school, smoking behind the trees in the grounds, or burying a block of hash underneath a specific root in a specific portion of hedge, a rollup kit hidden with a roll of duct tape attached to itself and twisted, to stick a bike puncture repair kit with matches, skins, baccy and roaches hidden up inside a section of bathroom  wall., I   didn't spend years as an underage kid where legally they could take my things if caught with them, to spend a life of freedom and being used to if I want products, heading down to my own private facility to gleefully caper and grin from beneath my gas mask as I stir my cauldron of witch's brew, add a little extra eye of newt, scrotum of pickled frog and a pinch of sodium borohydride...

To have some overblown 'nanny', well, nannying me, and thinking themselves fucking security guards. Just because I'm 90, doesn't mean I can't tell one end of a vacuum pump from the other, or avoid  accidentally making sarin or any number of a legion of other deadly horrors, rather than running a MDA synthesis.

That, to me would be intolerable as an extension of cruelty and I would not fucking stand for it. If they don't like it, they better call for somebody with a baseball bat, because when I decide I'm going to the shops for a 20 pack, some smokes, and calling in at several pharmacies for OTC medication and nail varnish stripper, I will be GOING, and by goddamn, they will not get in my way, because I'll have just the thing ready for their trying as well, and they won't like it.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 09:03:20 AM »

That is a really interesting story...wake me at the poignant or funny part.

Al, your keyboard looks like it pre-dates the internet.

I've heard that a frisky gopher up your butt keeps you well awake. A "friend" told me.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2018, 09:25:51 AM »

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2018, 10:20:45 AM »
Lol I've done that at the keyboard and almost posted something that looks like a post, or three quarters of one, plus a thousand '::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;lllllllllKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK's

But not out of boredom. Sometimes my pain and seizure meds  will get to me,   and I'll pass out part way through a post, especially if I've taken a few zanaflex (tizanidine, a muscle relaxer and damn powerful one too) as well, for the nerve damage in my leg.

But really now, the day some bloody nurse tries to say 'now, now Mr.Rett, just calm down and eat your mush like a good little man' they are going to find themselves bunged in a microwave oven with as many  ribs and legs and arms broken as I need to stuff the nurse  into the MW resonant cavity  and close the door. Because they are gonna fry. And my 'mush' might well be a kg of pretty white crystalline shards, just beginning to grow as the solvent evaporses   pppppppppp-=[[[[=.  I can't even imagine being treated thus just due to age.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.