Author Topic: The facts about Trump’s policy of separating families at the border  (Read 2253 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The facts about Trump’s policy of separating families at the border
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2018, 11:34:47 PM »
To suggest that her choice of clothing that day was unintentional, an accident, is naive in the extreme. The only question I had was whose idea it was.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2018, 11:49:15 PM »
Considering the state of Russian orphanages, she probably thinks the immigrant kids have it good.

She isn't Russian?

Slovenian.

Slovenia was the wealthiest of the Yugoslav republics.

They were the first to break away and Serbia could do nothing to stop them.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2018, 05:11:24 AM »
To suggest that her choice of clothing that day was unintentional, an accident, is naive in the extreme. The only question I had was whose idea it was.

Certainly not what I am suggesting. I am suggesting it was aimed at the News that treats every effort she makes and every activity she publicly engages in as ill-intentioned. Her husband says so and I have no reason to disbelieve it having seen how they have treated her up to now.

Here is the thing:

1) If she does not wear said hoody, the press will rip into her, misrepresent and lie about her efforts and smear her

OR

2) If she does wear said hoody, the press will rip into her, misrepresent and lie about her efforts and smear her

Why is this a lesson she needs to learn and what on Earth does she get out of not wearing the hoody and from whom.

PS - Don't say American public because half love her and half hate her regardless and that will not change and don't say press because she is clearly saying that she does not care there either.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2018, 05:25:30 AM »
Haven't read the articles posted, but the day this thread was created, Trump signed an executive order ending the policy of separating families at the border. While it's true the practice of separating families at the border isn't new to the Trump administration, it is also true his administration enacted a blanket policy for all families in April this year, so the policy had ended within two months of being initiated. This is an excellent example of the public reacting to government policy, and the government listening to what the public says.
He didn't reverse the zero-tolerance order from April that accelerated family separation; he revoked family separation, and now families will be detained together.  So, still a return to some obama-era problems, but, again, accelerated.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2018, 05:28:48 AM »
My boyfriend posited the theory that Melania wore the jacket to garner bad press in order to fuck with her husband because she's so done with him.  It's my favorite theory yet.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2018, 06:47:11 AM »
Haven't read the articles posted, but the day this thread was created, Trump signed an executive order ending the policy of separating families at the border. While it's true the practice of separating families at the border isn't new to the Trump administration, it is also true his administration enacted a blanket policy for all families in April this year, so the policy had ended within two months of being initiated. This is an excellent example of the public reacting to government policy, and the government listening to what the public says.
He didn't reverse the zero-tolerance order from April that accelerated family separation; he revoked family separation, and now families will be detained together.  So, still a return to some obama-era problems, but, again, accelerated.

What happens when they are not parents but are dangerous human traffickers and/or pedophiles pretending to be parents? Are they now keep together with the kids?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2018, 12:39:39 PM »
My boyfriend posited the theory that Melania wore the jacket to garner bad press in order to fuck with her husband because she's so done with him.  It's my favorite theory yet.

That was one of my thoughts also.
She's...
1. Either totally on-board with his agenda
2. Or she's fucking with him and wants out of this 3 ring circus

She's too intelligent for this to be a "clueless" mistake.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2018, 03:52:25 PM »
Correct. That's what some other countries do too. Though do believe there are more strict guidelines for how long a minor can be detained, so would guess families would rise in priority for processing. Might look that up later if there's time.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »
Fucking petty, isn't it?
Sure, but not any more petty than journalists calling Michelle Obama a tranny, saying she's too fat to care about child obesity, calling her the bitter half, and criticizing every piece of clothing she wore while dubbing her the worst dressed first lady in history. First ladies actually get quite a bit of sympathy from the general public when harshly criticized for nothing. This isn't a situation of nothing. The coat was clearly deliberate. The best thing Melania Trump can do is to continue to maintain a level of class, so that means not walking around with big stupid signs scrawled on her back. Unfortunately, some lessons are harshly learned.

Which reporters or those talking heads associiated said that Michelle is a transperson?
In looking it up, it appears Alex Jones was the source. Don't listen/watch Infowars, so not sure how it comes to my memory. It may have been perpetuated by the general media talking about what he had to say, and I just remember it being said.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »

I was thinking this, as well.

Still, in terribly poor taste - there are better ways she could fuck with him without insulting the families which have been torn apart - but, a bit more excusable, given her past statements about the situation.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2018, 04:12:55 PM »
Would imaging she could achieve that without screwing herself over in the process. She could have been a hero that day. The first lady jets away to meet the detained children at the border, reports back home to the white house and magically the president backs down on his own executive order. That's probably the way it should have played out, because the damage was already done for Trump so a repeal wouldn't un-do that. Once saw her in a interview and she expressed upset about people who try to harm her reputation, so can't see her spiting her own face just to spite him. Then again, who knows. If she continues to do stuff like this, then definitely a good theory.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2018, 04:28:41 PM »
Fucking petty, isn't it?
Sure, but not any more petty than journalists calling Michelle Obama a tranny, saying she's too fat to care about child obesity, calling her the bitter half, and criticizing every piece of clothing she wore while dubbing her the worst dressed first lady in history. First ladies actually get quite a bit of sympathy from the general public when harshly criticized for nothing. This isn't a situation of nothing. The coat was clearly deliberate. The best thing Melania Trump can do is to continue to maintain a level of class, so that means not walking around with big stupid signs scrawled on her back. Unfortunately, some lessons are harshly learned.

Which reporters or those talking heads associiated said that Michelle is a transperson?
In looking it up, it appears Alex Jones was the source. Don't listen/watch Infowars, so not sure how it comes to my memory. It may have been perpetuated by the general media talking about what he had to say, and I just remember it being said.

Alex Jones isn't a reporter. Weren't you trying to suggest that the way that mainstream reporters, social media notable and associates of both treat Melania is no worse than how "they" called Michelle Obama a tranny", only now to find "they" was Alex Jones a well lnown crackpot conspiracy theorist known for the meme worthy "Fluoride in the water makes frogs gay"?

You aren't for a miment suggesting this is on par are you?

Maybe here is another way to put it. Michelle Obama, despite perhaps Me Gay Frogs thinking she is a man and a couple of questions about fashion choice, has been promoted and celebrated as first lady. You know this. Has the press and media in general  been as kind and welcoming of Melania? Why not? If they are unkind, disrepe tful, dishonest and cruel why ought she take the slightest heed of what THEY think she should wear or act or say?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »
Would imaging she could achieve that without screwing herself over in the process. She could have been a hero that day. The first lady jets away to meet the detained children at the border, reports back home to the white house and magically the president backs down on his own executive order. That's probably the way it should have played out, because the damage was already done for Trump so a repeal wouldn't un-do that. Once saw her in a interview and she expressed upset about people who try to harm her reputation, so can't see her spiting her own face just to spite him. Then again, who knows. If she continues to do stuff like this, then definitely a good theory.

You must know this is simply untrue.
She was never going to be a hero. Tbe press would have pilloried her regardless and had she have worn everything just so and smiled and done everything perfectly, they would have said it was all an act and poured on hate  by creating a strawman about what she really thinks.

Hero? Sure.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2018, 04:55:36 PM »
Fucking petty, isn't it?

Alex Jones isn't a reporter. Weren't you trying to suggest that the way that mainstream reporters, social media notable and associates of both treat Melania is no worse than how "they" called Michelle Obama a tranny", only now to find "they" was Alex Jones a well lnown crackpot conspiracy theorist known for the meme worthy "Fluoride in the water makes frogs gay"?

You aren't for a miment suggesting this is on par are you?

Maybe here is another way to put it. Michelle Obama, despite perhaps Me Gay Frogs thinking she is a man and a couple of questions about fashion choice, has been promoted and celebrated as first lady. You know this. Has the press and media in general  been as kind and welcoming of Melania? Why not? If they are unkind, disrepe tful, dishonest and cruel why ought she take the slightest heed of what THEY think she should wear or act or say?
Correct, Alex Jones isn't a reporter, that's why I said I'm not sure how it ever made it from his mouth to my memory, unless it was someone else perpetuating it by talking about him and what he says. Maybe just haven't consumed enough negative press about her to view her as treated any worse. Tend to be more interested in what he's doing. The biggest critisizm known about her, is that she's too absent, oh and something about her shoes.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 04:58:17 PM by Jack »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2018, 08:40:44 PM »
Correct. That's what some other countries do too. Though do believe there are more strict guidelines for how long a minor can be detained, so would guess families would rise in priority for processing. Might look that up later if there's time.
Looked it up and it may now be a decision for the Federal Court. The current law states minors can't be detained for longer than 20 days, but Trump is requesting for there to be no time limit to allow for court proceedings. The article read says many who disagree with separation also disagree with family detention, and rather support supervised release. Not sure what supervised release means, but it does make sense an attempt at fast tracking deportation for families would be better. Detaining families for the duration of prosecution only sounds like the kids will end up in DHS care eventually anyway, while the parents sit in our jails until they serve their time and then are deported. The zero tolerance policy still stands for prosecuting illegal immigrants, and appears to add very expensive and unneeded steps between detainment and deportation.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:45:27 PM by Jack »