Author Topic: False rape accusations  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
False rape accusations
« on: January 15, 2007, 11:39:46 AM »
How common is it?  Are false accusers brought to justice?  Have your say.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=425464&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770

I was witness to a mess over sexual harrassment at one job I had. To make a long story short, a group of women decided to falsely accuse a man of sexual harrassment. The man in question was a manager and one of the employees under him was a young man the same age as the women who made the accusation. They liked to flirt with him and chat with him and generally carry on like it was a social club (or high school, to be honest) and this mean old manager kept expecting him to go back to his desk and do his job instead of sitting around socializing. The solution the women decided on for the "problem" was to accuse him of sexual harrassment so he'd get fired and they could socialize all day long. As it happened, some people I knew sat right across from them and heard all of this going on and knew this was a false accusation and told HR so, but it didn't do much good. Officially, they found that no harrassment took place but they also shoved the manager out on the street within two weeks for "unrelated reasons". The group of women was smugly satisfied that they'd cost this guy his job and pretty much made it known they'd do it again if any of us guys crossed them.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194032,00.html
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

thepeaguy

Re: False rape accusations
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 11:51:08 AM »
In regards to the Daily Mail article, I was really annoyed that the accuser is being made anonymous, despite the fact that she has wasted police time and put two innocent men in prision. Selfish, deceitful cunt. Whoever makes up rape allegations should be fully ashamed of themselves for making light of what the rape victims have to go through mentally day after day.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 11:51:34 AM »
Overreporting and false reporting

A 1997 article in the Columbia Journalism Review dealing with the debate surrounding false reporting, noted that wildly different figures, from 2% to 85% of all rape reports, have been presented:

"... one explanation for such a wide range in the statistics might simply be that they come from different studies of different populations... But there's also a strong political tilt to the debate. A low number would undercut a belief about rape as being as old as the story of Joseph and Potiphar's wife: that some women, out of shame or vengeance ... claim that their consensual encounters or rebuffed advances were rapes. If the number is high, on the other hand, advocates for women who have been raped worry it may also taint the credibility of the genuine victims of sexual assault." [3]

In her work, "The Legacy of the Prompt Complaint Requirement, Corroboration Requirement, and Cautionary Instructions on Campus Sexual Assault", Michelle J. Anderson of the Villanova University School of Law states: "As a scientific matter, the frequency of false rape complaints to police or other legal authorities remains unknown" [4]. The FBI's 1996 Uniform Crime Report states that 8% of reports of forcible rape were determined to be unfounded upon investigation [5], but that percentage does not include cases where an accuser fails or refuses to cooperate in an investigation, or drops the charges.

In 1994, Dr. Eugene J. Kanin of Purdue University investigated the incidences, in one small urban community, of false rape allegations made to the police between 1978 and 1987. Unlike in many larger jurisdictions, it was official policy to investigate all rape allegations regardless of their credibility. The falseness of the allegations was not decided by the police, or by Dr. Kanin; they were "... declared false only because the complainant admitted they are false." The number of false rape allegations in the studied period was 45; this was 41% of the 109 total complaints filed in this period. The figure of 41% forms a lower estimate of the total number of false rape accusations given to the police during this period. It is possible that some false accusations were never recanted and even resulted in a conviction. In Dr. Kanin's research, the complainants who made false allegations did so (by their own statements during recantation) for one or some combination of three major reasons:

* providing an alibi. Dr. Kanin's report describes a woman who got into a bar fight and, fearing that this might prevent her from regaining custody of her children, filed a rape complaint to account for her injuries.
    * a means of gaining revenge. Dr. Kanin's report describes an 18 year old woman who engages in consexual sex with a boarder staying at her house. After he refuses to continue their relationship she accuses him of rape.
    * a platform for seeking attention/sympathy. Dr. Kanin's report describes a woman who becomes attracted to her therapist and in an attempt to elicit sympathy from him fabricates a story of rape and is subsequently pressured by him to report it to the police.

Dr. Kanin also looked at the police records of two large midwestern state universities and found that, of the 64 rape accusations, 32 (50%) were eventually recanted. Unlike the city police in the other study, the university police did not use polygraph examinations and the investigations were all performed by female officers. This figure also forms a lower estimate of the total number of false accusations reported to the police during this period and it is similarly possible that there were false accusations that were never recanted and resulted in convictions.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Litigious

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:53:56 AM »
I'm not surprised but outraged. And most of the times the women get away with it, despite the fact that it's a gross crime to falsely accuse someone for a crime.

thepeaguy

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:57:22 AM »
I'm not surprised but outraged. And most of the times the women get away with it, despite the fact that it's a gross crime to falsely accuse someone for a crime.

If they were caught, I'd set HG on them to kick their arse. But then, that's just I think.  :angel:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 12:24:12 PM »

If they were caught, I'd set HG on them to kick their arse. But then, that's just I think.  :angel:

Here's one that was sentenced to one year in prison and had her anonymity revoked.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,29389-2436279,00.html

thepeaguy

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 12:31:49 PM »

Here's one that was sentenced to one year in prison and had her anonymity revoked.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,29389-2436279,00.html

Crazy cow.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 01:04:32 PM »
No word of anything happening to the woman in this case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Duke_University_lacrosse_team_scandal

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 01:07:09 PM »

it can literally ruin a man.

my issue is that the accusations of rape are really only taken seriously when a woman makes the accusation.
the claim of rape (false or true) is the exclusive right of a woman.

and...
god forbid that a man scorn a woman.  she always has the right to accuse him of rape, and ruin his life.  i really believe that these newfound rights are an invention of the woman's movement (specifically man hating lesbians).

equality NOW.  yeah right  ::), today's equality rights are written to exclude the rights of a man completely.

on a side note:

it is encouraging to me that women who falsely accuse men of rape are finally beginning to get their cumuppance.  and even locally, their is a case against 10 black teens for the special circumstance of HATE CRIME.  they beat up 3 white women on holloween and yelled racial slurs while doing so.
just a few years ago, both these instances were rarely heard of.
Misunderstood.

thepeaguy

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 01:10:36 PM »

my issue is that the accusations of rape are really only taken seriously when a woman makes the accusation.

and...
god forbid that a man scorn a woman.  she always has the right to accuse him of rape, and ruin his life.  i really believe that these newfound rights are an invention of the woman's movement (specifically man hating lesbians).

equality NOW.  yeah right  ::), today's equality rights are written to exclude the rights of a man completely.

Amen, brudda (to a resonable extent). +1

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 01:12:24 PM »
this thread is becoming a sausage party!
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 01:17:54 PM »

and...
god forbid that a man scorn a woman.  she always has the right to accuse him of rape, and ruin his life.  i really believe that these newfound rights are an invention of the woman's movement (specifically man hating lesbians).

equality NOW.  yeah right  ::), today's equality rights are written to exclude the rights of a man completely.

Totally agree.

Quote from: McJagger
on a side note:

it is encouraging to me that women who falsely accuse men of rape are finally beginning to get their cumuppance.  and even locally, their is a case against 10 black teens for the special circumstance of HATE CRIME.  they beat up 3 white women on holloween and yelled racial slurs while doing so.
just a few years ago, both these instances were rarely heard of.

That's one of the things that I admire about the US--the system of justice being independent from the political system. The courts re-interpret the law and sometimes even verdicts against the law, if they find it unconstitutional. In Sweden the courts in principle do no such things. They verdict politically correct and by the letter of the law. As I mentioned a couple of months ago; according to Swedish law, minorities can't commit hate crimes. If 10 immigrants of African or Middle East origin rape a Swedish "whore" as they usually call them, they often go free on small technical details and are paid damages. They can't even be prosecuted for hate crime, though they barely ever rape women of their own origin...

Litigious

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 01:18:50 PM »

May I sick your duck:eyebrows:

+1.  8)

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 01:31:45 PM »
Something similar:

French paedophile ring case - Woman says Sorry I made it up

A French woman, implicated in a case of child sex abuse, implicated 18 other people.

The trial had shattered the lives of 18 people accused in the case, with one committing suicide and others losing custody of their children, while sending France into a paroxysm of soul-searching.

For three years France agonised over claims of a pedophile ring. Now the main suspect admits she made most of it up. Craig Smith reports from Paris.

A major pedophile case that had captivated France all but collapsed when the main suspect suddenly admitted that she had made up much of the story, which has destroyed the lives of more than a dozen people.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »

Not much to be done about it if the women don't want to post.  They're welcome to start a thread about some way that women get screwed over by men.