Educational

Author Topic: Trump is functionally retarded  (Read 24079 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Trump is functionally retarded
« Reply #720 on: November 27, 2019, 05:01:30 PM »
Even if Trump was recorded demanding a quid pro quo, or whatever it's called, his mates in the Republican party won't vote for impeachment. It's obvious that he is a corrupt, incompetent fool but this is more about driving that fact home to next year's voters.

His followers and acolytes in the senate are too entrenched.  I have fears that we are headed towards an oligarchy or a theocracy. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #721 on: November 27, 2019, 05:24:14 PM »
His followers and acolytes in the senate are too entrenched.  I have fears that we are headed towards an oligarchy or a theocracy.

More likely this:

(Australia might beat you to it based on that list though)
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #722 on: November 27, 2019, 08:30:18 PM »

More likely this:

I fear you are correct.  We have a magatard on this forum as an example. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #723 on: November 27, 2019, 11:10:07 PM »
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/26/politics/trump-ukraine-aid-whistleblower-complaint/index.html

And here's what we already knew. Trump released the funds only when he knew he had been caught.

CNN huh? Nice partisan source. They still being sued by the Covington Kids because of their hack reporting?

Trump was essentially "supposed to" simply rubber stamp to aid. How he did have the right and the ability under a specific act (whose nam escapes me) for holding up voted on aid until such time that he chooses but before the end of the financial year.

Trump was not happy giving aid to a few countries. Particularly Ukraine that was involved in 2016 election interference and to whom were involved in corrupt activities with the VP's son. He did know the incoming President was coming in on promises to tackle corruption. Trump also was concerned that only America seemed to him to give aid to places half a world away.

He wanted to find out who this guy was and which NATO  countries were helping out Ukraine. During the time he was scoping this out. A few unelected beaurecrats that personally objected to their job functions of following the President's directives on foreign policy, in the meantime, whilst Trump  was executing his foreign policy of taking 5 to see what the new guy was like and who else was paying up, they started to make a noise.

By the time Trump assessed the new guy was probably alright and was attacking the corruption Trump release the aid but now some fucking idiots are stupid enough to pretend that he did it because of these unelected beaurecrats who are supposed to follow out his foreign policy, right?

Who makes foreign policy in US? President or foreign policy beaurecrats? Who follows out the foreign policy of the President?

Is not liking his foreogn policy tantamount for him violating a law?

When crimea was being Annexed how much Ukraine aid did Obama give? I thought they were a close ally and important strategic ally and holding off given aid when needed was criminal, right?

Depends your politics right.

That warm feeling you have isn't righteous indignation, it is a big pile of bullshit and hypocrisy
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #724 on: November 27, 2019, 11:13:51 PM »

More likely this:

I fear you are correct.  We have a magatard on this forum as an example.

Who exactly on this forum is a "magatard", Ozy? I personally disagree with your specific politics but have never inferred you personally as intellectually inferior for them.

So name and shame my friend.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 01:38:08 AM by Chipmunk Al »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #725 on: November 28, 2019, 08:07:31 AM »
It's not you, Al, that I was referring to. 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #726 on: November 28, 2019, 09:24:35 AM »

I am glad of that.

Trump has faults for sure. Most of what I see is window dressing is terrible - the boorishness, arrogance, self-aggrandising and such. It is hard to dress that up. It s not inexcusable that some people are repelled by that and do not want that behaviour in a President. But I see actions and achievements as more important and see good results in this regards whereas some see the opposite.

I believe that even more when I see him doing many things or holding positions Obama held and getting slammed for it. If Trump were not so much of a lout, these same people would likely like him. If He was a Democrat they would love him. Of that I am reasonably convinced.

If it comes down to Trump being "ickky" I do not think he has much of a defence to offer, but I think it should be more than that and I struggle to see the substance as to why he is a bad President outside of this.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #727 on: November 28, 2019, 10:02:50 AM »

I am glad of that.

Trump has faults for sure. Most of what I see is window dressing is terrible - the boorishness, arrogance, self-aggrandising and such. It is hard to dress that up. It s not inexcusable that some people are repelled by that and do not want that behaviour in a President. But I see actions and achievements as more important and see good results in this regards whereas some see the opposite.

I believe that even more when I see him doing many things or holding positions Obama held and getting slammed for it. If Trump were not so much of a lout, these same people would likely like him. If He was a Democrat they would love him. Of that I am reasonably convinced.

If it comes down to Trump being "ickky" I do not think he has much of a defence to offer, but I think it should be more than that and I struggle to see the substance as to why he is a bad President outside of this.

I do respect your opinion of him.  But, from my perspective he and his family and cronies are certainly reveling in nepotism and uber privilege.  His abandonment of the Kurds, dropping out of the Climate Agreement, and other treaties that were negotiated.  His treatment of immigrants and his treatment of their children are worthy of a despot like those he loves like putin, that north korean dough boy dear leader, and erdogan of Turkey.  If anything he reminds me of mussolini in his blustering, posturing and smirks.  trumpolini has mocked the handicapped, the poor and other unfortunates.  And has earned my contempt.  He has adopted many of the tactics of the late unlamented nazi propaganda minister goebbels......."Accuse others of that which you are guilty", and , "repeat a lie long enough and it becomes truth."  ( I am para-phrasing there).

So we agree to disagree.  And that's ok. 

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #728 on: December 01, 2019, 03:20:06 AM »
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/26/politics/trump-ukraine-aid-whistleblower-complaint/index.html

And here's what we already knew. Trump released the funds only when he knew he had been caught.

CNN huh? Nice partisan source. They still being sued by the Covington Kids because of their hack reporting?

This is the kind of thing Breitbart wouldn't report, Al. But take your pick. Multiple sources confirm this and expand on it. Deny it all you want.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #729 on: December 01, 2019, 03:21:39 AM »
If He was a Democrat they would love him. Of that I am reasonably convinced.

But that's because you're a moron.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #730 on: December 01, 2019, 03:27:39 AM »

I just love his notes. If he was anyone but the president of the USA the clip would end up in America's Dumbest Criminals. :rofl:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #731 on: December 02, 2019, 01:57:55 AM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #732 on: December 03, 2019, 12:37:51 AM »

This is the kind of thing Breitbart wouldn't report, Al. But take your pick. Multiple sources confirm this and expand on it. Deny it all you want.

What exactly am i denying?

Why else but for these beaurecrats kicking up a fuss, would Trump release the aid to Ukraine? He held it up to see first what others gave, and secondly to see what the new guy was about when it came to corruption. Under the authority granted, when would the funds need to be released? End of December.

So...did he release the funds before the end of September anyhow as he was legally obliged to do (before the deadline of 30th September) AND did this give him time to find out what everyone else had given AND what the new guy was like?

If the answers to the above are yes and work fine without the presumption of "being caught" (doing what he was perfectly and legitimately okay doing). Then is this an important factor or a really pissweak one?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:16:15 AM by Chipmunk Al »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #733 on: December 03, 2019, 12:42:15 AM »
If He was a Democrat they would love him. Of that I am reasonably convinced.

But that's because you're a moron.

Uh huh

"Those kids in cages, so cruel...."
"Those are photos from the Obama era.."
"But still Trump..."

"Trump is deporting illegals"
"Obama deported more by a magnitude of 500%+"
"Trump is such a meanie"

Yeah, let's be real here, moron.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:11:00 AM by Chipmunk Al »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #734 on: December 03, 2019, 12:17:45 PM »
Like I said, deny all you want. It won't change the facts, most of which you're very careful not to mention.

For the rest of us, here's some entertainment while we watch the train wreck that is Trump: https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/

- Albert Einstein