Author Topic: Trump is functionally retarded  (Read 24077 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Trump is functionally retarded
« Reply #705 on: November 22, 2019, 05:23:02 PM »
"Well reasoned"? You?

:rofl:

Queries the man who decide to mock the haircut of Jim Jordan rather address than the smackdown he produces.

He was pwned over and over again, he kept interrupting witnesses, he acted like a rabid dog, he ranted, sometimes incoherently, he embarrassed himself. The nicest thing I can say about him is about his hair.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #706 on: November 22, 2019, 05:28:30 PM »
I very much enjoyed Dr Hill's testimony. She pretty much destroyed the Republican defences without ever getting into any kind of partisanship. Sondland was more about telling the truth to save his ass but did still produce some pretty damning testimony.

Trump should be toast but the Republicans probably love power more than the truth, so who knows?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #707 on: November 22, 2019, 09:26:23 PM »
"Well reasoned"? You?

:rofl:

Queries the man who decide to mock the haircut of Jim Jordan rather address than the smackdown he produces.

He was pwned over and over again, he kept interrupting witnesses, he acted like a rabid dog, he ranted, sometimes incoherently, he embarrassed himself. The nicest thing I can say about him is about his hair.

Wow!
Look, rather than me have to explain the subtlety and nuances of what Jim Jordan may be behaving like he does and how it is beneficial, here it is:

Jordan is blowing holes in the Democratic narrative. Though in the minority, folk like he, Stefanik Ratcliffe and Turner have ensured that they put up a decent enough defence that they will not have won over enough support from the Left in the Public nor from any Democrats on an Impeachment vote but I believe Republicans in the House will vote along Republican lines making this a partisan supported impeachment. They will also have prompted a vigorous Republican majority Senate trial in which the Republicans on the foundation of their good defence will bring in their own witnesses and ask their own questions and control their own time and vote for no punishment on impeachment.

They will punish Biden, they will keep the Democrat Senators campaigning for President from campaigning for Presidency. They will lock them into a long protracted process that destroys their Impeachment narrative well before they vote on it. This will be an effort in revenge and to ruin them in the eyes of the public.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #708 on: November 22, 2019, 09:26:51 PM »
I very much enjoyed Dr Hill's testimony. She pretty much destroyed the Republican defences without ever getting into any kind of partisanship. Sondland was more about telling the truth to save his ass but did still produce some pretty damning testimony.

Trump should be toast but the Republicans probably love power more than the truth, so who knows?

Now whilst I will fully admit I was bored to the point I could not be bothered watching Dr Hill or that other dude. Seriously it had been a nothing burger to that point, I can't see how the Democrats up to that point makes a solid case.

If you take away the:
"I do not like Trump's ideas of foreign policy" or
"I do not like the fact that though he was allowed to get rid of Ambassadors, he got rid of Marie whatshername as am Ambassador and said bad things of her" or
"He did not say he wanted quid pro quo or anything and we do not really understand but we inferred/guessed/believed/thought/presumed/speculated he did"
You are left with nothing but a general dislike.

NONE of that is impeachable. NONE of it.

The alleged victim was not victimised. Nothing was said. They got aid without conditions placed on it. It was held up in addition to aid from many other countries. The US is NOT obliged to give aid. Obama campaign did not give aid even though they were supposedly just as important allies back then and they were being invaded by Russia (and it was his right not to then), There was no pressure or understanding by Ukraine that there was any pressure or coercion, Ukraine President ran on a platform of corruption eradication and they have a Clinton era treaty to allow them to address mutually beneficial investigations such as the things he asked to investigate, there is a real argument as to whether or not there is corruption through Burisma Holdings and Hunter Biden was on that board and Hunter is Joe Biden's son, There is a benefit to both countries to ferret out and investigate such corruption IRRESPECTIVE of whether it benefits either or both President's personally. 

There is no extortion, bribery or anything to suggest high crimes or misdemeanors

You can try to make a case but UNLESS and ONLY if it can contradict these and in a way that is born out of something MORE than feelings, speculation or thought crime, will it be something I will entertain. 
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #709 on: November 25, 2019, 02:46:11 AM »
They got the aid because they got caught first. The evidence is overwhelming. Are you really this naive, Al? (Yes, I know. You really are.)

As for Burisma, that has been thoroughly debunked time and again - you really should watch the opening statement of Dr Hill.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #710 on: November 25, 2019, 06:10:23 AM »
They got the aid because they got caught first. The evidence is overwhelming. Are you really this naive, Al? (Yes, I know. You really are.)

As for Burisma, that has been thoroughly debunked time and again - you really should watch the opening statement of Dr Hill.

Is it true that: Aid was held up with just Ukraine or were there at least two other countries that had aid cut at around the time? Were those other countries subject to the quid quo pro? Did Trump say specifically to Sondland that he wanted no quid pro quo? Did the Ukraine do that investigation in return for aid? Did they get the aid? What did they get in return for the aid? Was Ukraine President - Pressured, intimidated, or bullied?

Are you entirely serious?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-burisma/ukraine-widens-probe-against-burisma-founder-to-embezzlement-of-state-funds-idUSKBN1XU2N7

Thoroughly debunked you say? Nothing in it?

I will probably watch Dr Hill's testimony purely because I do not feel I can really have an opinion about it otherwise.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #711 on: November 25, 2019, 04:46:00 PM »
Thoroughly and fully debunked. Google is your friend.

And we're talking about Ukraine and the orange moron's criminal schemes, even though you're trying to muddy the waters - I assume it's because you actually have no clue. Trump said what he said *after he was caught*. Timing is everything. But seriously, did you think he'd say "oh, I haven't done my crime quota for today yet, I have the best crimes."

Fucking hell, Al, you're so naive it hurts. Figuratively, of course. I don't mind if you are hurting.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #712 on: November 25, 2019, 04:48:41 PM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #713 on: November 25, 2019, 04:50:56 PM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #714 on: November 25, 2019, 04:55:18 PM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #715 on: November 25, 2019, 08:13:39 PM »
Yes.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #716 on: November 27, 2019, 04:23:29 AM »
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/26/politics/trump-ukraine-aid-whistleblower-complaint/index.html

And here's what we already knew. Trump released the funds only when he knew he had been caught.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #717 on: November 27, 2019, 02:24:26 PM »
LOL
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #718 on: November 27, 2019, 02:56:54 PM »
I feel so embarrassed that this orange faced shit gibbon became president.  My only solace is that I and my family voted otherwise.   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #719 on: November 27, 2019, 04:26:48 PM »
Even if Trump was recorded demanding a quid pro quo, or whatever it's called, his mates in the Republican party won't vote for impeachment. It's obvious that he is a corrupt, incompetent fool but this is more about driving that fact home to next year's voters.