Author Topic: Nothing worth mentioning is happening in Orlando Florida.  (Read 2722 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Nothing worth mentioning is happening in Orlando Florida.
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 02:14:52 AM »
The comparison with the Paris attacks is an odd one--that one was a well-planned attack, carried out by a terror organisation cell. The Orlando attack was the act of a loner, a US citizen who bought the weapon legally, no questions asked, in spite of having been previously questioned by the FBI.

Of course it's a gun problem.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-remarks-gun-control-hauntingly-000000581.html
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 02:52:59 AM »
I'm wasting no more time discussing it.  From now on I'll see it as a particularly sad form of Darwinism.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 05:46:15 AM »
The comparison with the Paris attacks is an odd one--that one was a well-planned attack, carried out by a terror organisation cell. The Orlando attack was the act of a loner, a US citizen who bought the weapon legally, no questions asked, in spite of having been previously questioned by the FBI.

It was from a radicalised Muslim man on behalf of ISIS (that is that he did this based on what he thought would please them and they were so pleased and took credit for it).

BUT he used a gun. So what?

Paris http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34818994

Brussels https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Brussels_bombings

Rotherham https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

Cologne http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3408033/Muslim-cleric-says-Cologne-sex-attacks-victims-fault-wore-PERFUME.html

Cause and effect. Ascribing the wrong cause is almost as harmful as excusing it

Like this bloke https://www.rt.com/news/338779-somalian-refugee-raped-politician/

Just a gun problem. No. It is an ideological problem. It is NOT a gun problem or a toxic masculinity problem as some Feminists were happier labeling it. It is a problem with radicalised Muslims committing terrorist actions on behalf of a horrible ideology.

End of.

Now Hillary Clinton believes that increasing 500% the amount of Syrian Muslims immigrants into America is a great idea. Trump thinks placing a freeze on immigration of Muslims and folks from Muslim dominant countries is the way to go.

I think Trump is being rational but I don't think his immigration policy would be easily implemented or adhered to. It is something though.

Of course one could say, "Why are they displaced from their country in the first place and as a result of who's actions? Surely not the countries they are immigrating to? If they are immigrating there are they likely to be happy with the host country or not? But that is an entirely different point.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 11:31:16 AM »
The Orlando shooter was a nutjob. Yes, ISIS took credit, understandably, but their actual involvement is questionable. It is as likely that he was a homophobic and/or in the proverbial closet, considering that he was known in there.

The fact is that this nutjob, as so many other nutjobs on shooting sprees in the US, could legally obtain their weapons. How many of these tragedies could have been avoided simply by making them just a tiny little bit harder to obtain?

The number homicides per 100,000 population in France in 2012 was 0.21. It was 3.43 in the US in 2014. Of course it's a gun problem.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 01:31:53 PM »
The fact is that this nutjob, as so many other nutjobs on shooting sprees in the US, could legally obtain their weapons. How many of these tragedies could have been avoided simply by making them just a tiny little bit harder to obtain?

Probably the same number who couldn't get alcohol as a result of prohibition in the 1920's. AFAIK that number was a grand total of 0 people.

The number homicides per 100,000 population in France in 2012 was 0.21. It was 3.43 in the US in 2014. Of course it's a nigger problem.

Fixed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States#Homicide

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 04:13:37 PM »
The Orlando shooter was a nutjob. Yes, ISIS took credit, understandably, but their actual involvement is questionable. It is as likely that he was a homophobic and/or in the proverbial closet, considering that he was known in there.

The number homicides per 100,000 population in France in 2012 was 0.21. It was 3.43 in the US in 2014. Of course it's a gun problem.

Leave them to it.  They're not worth the breathe you expend typing a retort.  Darwinism.  Simple as.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 04:29:26 PM »

Except of course for the fact that he was radicalised through Abu Taubah and the radicalised teachings of this Iman. That combined with his visits to Afghanistan, and pledging his allegiance to ISIS.

But guns and nutjob work well too. He was a crazy homophobe with access to guns. Let's not think too hard on it.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 04:32:35 PM »

Leave them to it.  They're not worth the breathe you expend typing a retort.  Darwinism.  Simple as.

Leave who to what exactly? Rather than sniping, how about having enough confidence in your own opinions and values to challenge them? Would your ego survive that?

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 04:37:00 PM »

Except of course for the fact that he was radicalised through Abu Taubah and the radicalised teachings of this Iman. That combined with his visits to Afghanistan, and pledging his allegiance to ISIS.

But guns and nutjob work well too. He was a crazy homophobe with access to guns. Let's not think too hard on it.

The news media in my country is not yet confirming any of that.  The trips, the Iman, the ISIS pledge being anything more than an excuse after it started.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2016, 05:04:35 PM »

Obama stating it's impossible to keep suspected terrorist from obtaining guns is currently true, but about 80% of domestic terrorism acts in the US are bombings and arson with guns accounting for about 5% of methodology. It strikes as a scare tactic to promote an agenda when an honest approach would be more meaningful; not sure exactly what gets a person on the watch list but understand it's a lot more than ISIS sympathizers. The US has an eclectic history of domestic terrorism from right wing, left wing, racial, religious, animal and environmental, etc...extremists of every breed who sometimes act as organized and some lone. Every terrorist act carries a sub-set of the population who nod in agreement. Muslim terrorist are no different.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:07:48 PM by Jack »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 06:22:18 PM »

But I like Odeon's breath. It smells like coffee.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 12:10:02 AM »

Probably the same number who couldn't get alcohol as a result of prohibition in the 1920's. AFAIK that number was a grand total of 0 people.

The number homicides per 100,000 population in France in 2012 was 0.21. It was 3.43 in the US in 2014. Of course it's a nigger problem.

Yeah, it make so much more sense to allow anyone access to weapons.

Fixed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States#Homicide

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 12:12:07 AM »

Yeah, let's avoid any thoughts that could help avoid the next one.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 12:18:19 AM »

Obama stating it's impossible to keep suspected terrorist from obtaining guns is currently true, but about 80% of domestic terrorism acts in the US are bombings and arson with guns accounting for about 5% of methodology. It strikes as a scare tactic to promote an agenda when an honest approach would be more meaningful; not sure exactly what gets a person on the watch list but understand it's a lot more than ISIS sympathizers. The US has an eclectic history of domestic terrorism from right wing, left wing, racial, religious, animal and environmental, etc...extremists of every breed who sometimes act as organized and some lone. Every terrorist act carries a sub-set of the population who nod in agreement. Muslim terrorist are no different.

If you think it's scare tactics you're missing the point which is a simple one, namely that your country needs better gun control.

- Albert Einstein