Educational

Author Topic: people's preoccupation with each other / gossiping / nosey bastards  (Read 1274 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: people's preoccupation with each other / gossiping / nosey bastards
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2016, 01:34:52 AM »
I'm intrigued by gossip and such. At the school gate I liked observing. Some ways of gossip are like a social lubricant that comes with benefits. When something needs to be organised in a short time frame, it is people attending a certain type of gossip that get the job done within half a day or less. As if their type of gossip only is used to oil the channels of communication, to keep the whole machine nicely lubricated. Amazing stuff. Things talked about are kids, illnesses and soap series.

Then there are people using positive gossip. Telling nice things about others. Those groups were small, most one on one conversations. They are often willing to help someone out.

And there is the nasty group. Those groups are bigger. Nothing good seems to come out of them. Best to avoid people like that like the plague. The way they talk about an other is the way they will talk about each other when in a different group.

Gossip can be fun to observe.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2016, 03:14:42 AM »
There was even gossip amongst my college class (I was with the same group in all my classes). And they were mostly male - there were 3 of us girls. Four of us were autistic. That's a bit of gossip right there, heh.

I am wondering what my next class will be like. I go back on the 18th of July.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2016, 04:05:15 AM »
Men can be very good at gossip indeed. Gender does not have to be a limitation.  :zoinks:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2016, 05:31:07 AM »
Men can be very good at gossip indeed. Gender does not have to be a limitation.  :zoinks:

You know one thing I love and I suppose I bond over is my daughter's gossip from school.

"How was your day...?"
"Well, I got to school right? Then so and so such such and such to thingamebob and they said blah and then I said...."
So it goes for 60-90 minutes. I love it. I listen intently. No judgement. I smile at all the appropriate bits and nod when required.
I know what is motivating and driving my little girl. I know her friends. I know her values. I appreciate her problems. I am better armed and better prepared.
This Dad is not stupid.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap