• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
yup
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:15:32 PM »
this pic:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:17:18 PM by sg1008 »
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: yup
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 08:56:11 PM »
Morgan "God" Freeman - Black History Month

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:55:37 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 09:16:38 PM »
I don't hate racism. I hate racism disguised as social justice.  :zoinks:

:gopher:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 11:39:33 PM »
Don't hate victims; hate victim mentality.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:01:28 AM »
Seeing sociological differences and being a victim is not the same.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 10:37:35 AM »

Indeed

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 03:59:44 PM »
Living in a world of only victims and perpetrators makes identifying as a victim a positive thing. All of the statements in the op are us and them and have no middle ground.

"The victim stance is a powerful one. The victim is always morally right, neither responsible nor accountable, and forever entitled to sympathy."

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 04:10:14 PM »
Living in a world of only victims and perpetrators makes identifying as a victim a positive thing. All of the statements in the op are us and them and have no middle ground.

"The victim stance is a powerful one. The victim is always morally right, neither responsible nor accountable, and forever entitled to sympathy."

What is the source of that quote?

I don't believe in moral superiority of victims. That is bullshit. But I do see sociological differences that have big consequences. Not thinking in victim or perpetrator here. Because that is a futile approach in sociological settings. It works in court, not in society as society.
That the perpetrator - victim dichotomy does not apply does not make the sociological differences have less impact.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »
What is the source of that quote?
http://www.zurinstitute.com/victimhood.html
I don't believe in moral superiority of victims.
I do. People with victim mentality often aren't really even victims, but rather a learned sense powerlessness over their lives, categorize and generalize people in terms of good people and bad people. It's been made very clear white people are the bad people with bad intentions, he doesn't like white people and he especially doesn't like seeing them in his neighborhood.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:32:32 PM by Jack »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 05:22:31 PM »
Am just getting sick of the word white being generalized in these conversations by a multi-racial person, Hyke. One of these days SG may actually talk to me about these things from a personal perspective; rather than a detached distance, and will keep provoking him every time he brings it up, in hopes that might happen. It would be very interesting to talk about the whites and non-whites in our lives. Am actually in the process of telling a friend the story of the first time I realized in my childhood, that people of my own non-white ethnic background don't accept me or my family members, because we refuse to live on a reservation or seek out benefits or handouts or affirmative action, or any other patronizing social bullshit which labels us as otherwise unable. It's that way with black people too. Blacks who strive to be educated or successful in any way are rejected by blacks as not being real blacks, and touted as trying to act white, because they refuse to play the part of the victim society insists they are. http://gmwilliams.hubpages.com/hub/The-Victim-Mentality-of-Black-Americans
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:28:07 PM by Jack »

Hannah

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 08:46:12 PM »
how about NOPE :headhurts: we're all humans,

PS. there are cops of color, rich folk of color, etc do they 'add to the problem'

PPS. hate begets more hate, get your butt out of your face and do something about it! like oh help your fellow human even if they can't help you in return, then get back with me...(on second thought don't)

PPPS. the maker of that sign has probably not asked someone who's lived through the crap that went on in the 1960's to get a perspective or something intelligent like that, oh heck no because old people know nothing :tard:

and finally yes there are the people in those brackets that are just awful people, but that's just it they are awful 'people' who use there positions or what have you to abuse others...It's case by case and there are laws in place for these matters...

And another thing, why is it when jessy jackson and company go to a location preach this that and whatever, leave and shit all happens?

Exactly...

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 02:33:18 AM »
Am just getting sick of the word white being generalized in these conversations by a multi-racial person, Hyke. One of these days SG may actually talk to me about these things from a personal perspective; rather than a detached distance, and will keep provoking him every time he brings it up, in hopes that might happen. It would be very interesting to talk about the whites and non-whites in our lives. Am actually in the process of telling a friend the story of the first time I realized in my childhood, that people of my own non-white ethnic background don't accept me or my family members, because we refuse to live on a reservation or seek out benefits or handouts or affirmative action, or any other patronizing social bullshit which labels us as otherwise unable. It's that way with black people too. Blacks who strive to be educated or successful in any way are rejected by blacks as not being real blacks, and touted as trying to act white, because they refuse to play the part of the victim society insists they are. http://gmwilliams.hubpages.com/hub/The-Victim-Mentality-of-Black-Americans

I get what you mean, but there are so many ways to look at things. Personal levels, sociological levels, historical levels.

And all give different perspectives. The victim card is one that annoys me massively. How often will Germany have to apologise for what happened in WWII. Some keep demanding that. Probably still will, in fifty years time. Makes no sense. Knowing about history does.
That kids in "black" schools in my country get less options in practice than kids from "white" schools. Or kids from "low income area" schools and kids from "posh" schools is sociologically clear. There is no guilt, there are no vicitims. There is still a difference. And a society that wants to stay healthy will try to make the gaps between the chances the groups have in practice (not theory) smaller.

The victim card is a lousy card, in situations like this. In the past, rich land owners, and with that high elders in churches would have it preached a lot that the poor and the meek would go to heaven way more easy than the rich. Victim card in favour of the rich during life, and the poor after life.
Now there is no afterlife to reward for the misery in this life. And some found a way to play the victim card to claim money. If it works, there will be people doing it. If sex pays, there will be people selling it. As long as the opportunity is there to play the victim card, and gain by it, people will do it, no matter what background they come from. That is why I refuse to believe in the victim game.
Being aware as a state that there are sociological differences that need honest attention, different from same rules for all is something different from honouring a victim game.

Victims happen in crimes. Where people are at fault, and people have to answer for what they did. Most victims will hopefully be able to outgrow their victim role, and start living their life again.

In sociological settings, life is not fair, but no one is at fault for the situation he or she is born in. Every situation does come with challenges and responsibilities that belong to the setting they are born in.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 03:39:41 AM »

Absolutely agree.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »
this pic:

:thumbdn:      :finger:

Is it asking too much for you to NOT try and pit one group of working class people against another based on the color of their skin.

You're doing the 1%'ers work for them while claiming to be against them.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 05:53:05 PM »
How often will Germany have to apologise for what happened in WWII.
If the US is any indication, maybe forever.