Do you find this humerous?  http://ranprieur.com/essays/babyrape.html

Yes
2 (16.7%)
No
9 (75%)
Abstain
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Post something sickly humerous  (Read 4072 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post something sickly humerous
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 10:52:58 PM »

... and I hold no guilt for praising the turn of fate that has protected all of you, who have not been personally involved in something that will change your mind. I never said "don't post". I offered only an echo of the opinion that humor is not universal.

I also offered an amusing tale to tie my sickly humor to yours in this thread. There's no reason to kick me out.

Since when was having a difference of opinion a bad thing on here? I don't believe anything is universally humorous, so why is it wrong for someone to state that they don't find something funny?  You don't have to have been abused as a child or affected by child abuse in some way to not find child abuse joke funny, nor do you have to have lost your sense of humour.

I thought you were implying that there was something wrong with me for finding it funny.  Sorry for jumping to conclusions; I've been feeling generally pissy lately.

Hey, Peter, sorry you're having a rough time, but You and Me, we're cool, buddy!

That goes for you, too, Nomaken, we're cool.  Modded to strike through.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:29:42 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2007, 11:03:24 PM »
I don't mind it when somebody says something isn't funny to them.  They have that right, but it pisses me off when somebody says something is INHERENTLY unfunny, and anyone who thinks it is is wrong or fucked up, or childish.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2007, 11:37:05 PM »
I don't mind it when somebody says something isn't funny to them.  They have that right, but it pisses me off when somebody says something is INHERENTLY unfunny, and anyone who thinks it is is wrong or fucked up, or childish.

Ok, then. Nevermind.

Is child abuse INHERENTLY unfunny? Of course.

Do I think you're wrong? Hell yeah!

Do I think you're fucked up? Absolutely!

Do I think you're childish? Most definitely!

Am I OK with that? Yeah.

Do I forgive the childless? Naturally.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:41:19 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 12:16:16 AM »
I'm sure I can find something funny you say is inherently unfunny for pretty much any subject you can think of.  The babyfuck comic, i didn't find funny, but there are too many people on /b/ who find it funny for me to say it is inherently unfunny.  However I am sure I can find plenty examples where death, murder, rape, and child abuse are funny.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 05:07:47 AM »
I'm sure I can find something funny you say is inherently unfunny for pretty much any subject you can think of.  The babyfuck comic, i didn't find funny, but there are too many people on /b/ who find it funny for me to say it is inherently unfunny.  However I am sure I can find plenty examples where death, murder, rape, and child abuse are funny.

yes, the people who are poseures.  the people who are trying to cultivate an image for themselves about how HARD they are.  when in reality they are just sick, weak, little puppies.
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 08:31:44 AM »

yes, the people who are poseures.  the people who are trying to cultivate an image for themselves about how HARD they are.  when in reality they are just sick, weak, little puppies.

What?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 10:19:56 PM »

What?
you know exactly what i am saying.

people, like you for instance, who haven't lived life and who hold no value for the more precious things that life has to offer.

the cultivated image and the poseur, is something that you may draw your own conclusions from.
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 11:47:50 PM »
minger:
someone with a face like a bulldog licking piss off a thistle

(I found the imagery from this hilarious.)
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Graelwyn

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 11:51:32 PM »
Ok, here goes my efforts lol

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2007, 12:07:19 AM »

What?
you know exactly what i am saying.

people, like you for instance, who haven't lived life and who hold no value for the more precious things that life has to offer.

the cultivated image and the poseur, is something that you may draw your own conclusions from.

No, no I don't. 

"yes, the people who are poseures" - What is this a response to, in my post?  I never refered to any people except /b/.  And I didn't make any statements about /b/ which would make that statement make sense.  What people are you talking about?  Me? /b/? Those that find some all things funny in those categories?

In that case are you suggesting anyone who finds some rape jokes, or some child abuse jokes, or some X jokes funny are sick, weak little puppies?  Or are you suggesting that people who find anything and everything in those areas funny are sick, weak little puppies?  Or are you suggesting something entirely different?

"the cultivated image and the poseur" - Are you calling me a poser?  Or are you saying that one of the above mentioned peoples who finds some or all of those things funny posers?  Or are you talking about something entirely different?

"is something that you may draw your own conclusions from"  And how does this relate at ALL to the previous statement?  For one thing is "The cultivated image and the poseur" one complete idea that can be refered to as a singular?  Because I have no fucking idea what it means.  Or at least I have no idea what it could mean that I could draw some kind of conclusions from.

"people, like you for instance, who haven't lived life and who hold no value for the more precious things that life has to offer" - Besides the fact that I believe I do value precious things life has to offer, i just disagree with you about what they are to me, I don't see how this relates to your previous statement at all.  How would not valuing precious things in life A) make somebody a poser, B) have anything to do with what people find funny, or C) be related in any way to how people behave in view of others?

In essence, I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about, but I'd hazard a guess you are insulting me somehow.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2007, 12:19:58 AM »
i take offense to the humour that you condone.

i hazard that you have no respect for anything precious in life.  i presume that you are young and ignorant.  i presume that you are trying to cultivate this image of one sick puppy.  i presume that you are simply; a pimple on the arse of humanity.  a poser. 
still, i read many of your posts as being completely full of shit.  simply; a cultivated image.
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2007, 12:34:19 AM »
Oh okay, that makes sense, but what about other people who find some or all of those subjects funny?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2007, 12:37:44 AM »
Oh okay, that makes sense, but what about other people who find some or all of those subjects funny?
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2007, 12:44:20 AM »
I am finding the drum solo to be difficult to understand.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2007, 12:45:52 AM »
Misunderstood.