Educational

Author Topic: Sam Harris on Real Time.  (Read 692 times)

Hannah

Re: Sam Harris on Real Time.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 07:48:58 AM »
and I watched the video and still all I hear is distention among those that are 'on the same team' btw I'm pro Israel  :nerdy:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 03:42:08 PM »
btw I'm pro Israel  :nerdy:

Ah, so you're a fan of genocide. Good for you.  :orly:

Offline Xslzunqat

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 09:54:56 AM »
Ben Affleck is a moron

Hannah

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 08:56:45 AM »

No I'm a fan of a country defending itself...I hate genocide... :orly:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 09:41:12 AM »

My mistake, I  forgot that children playing football on  a beach and unarmed civilians are a massive threat .
I forgot that glorified homemade rockets without targeting systems compare to billion-dollar war machines with the most advanced targeting systems on earth funded by the US and UK in terms of how dangerous they are.
I forgot that hospitals, power stations and schools built by the UN count as military targets

My mistake.  :finger:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 09:43:49 AM by Some_Bloke »

Hannah

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 07:21:33 PM »
Hey I'm not saying they are perfect...both sides are to blame for all of it...the Palestinians are awful to their own (not all mind you)...I don't get that...plus I have friends that live on both sides, and live in fear of and or with daily bombing daily...I  am for a sane solution, and I don't get the hostility but hey that's OK agree to disagree...

I am used to the flack that comes with supporting Israel and supporting Palestinians that want nothing to do with this at all...

Then there are those that are Christians who are being killed in the 1,000's but no one gives a damn...so no I am not for mass murder, I am for peace...

will believe what you will (as all do) and I have no qualms with you or with what you think...but that is where I stand and I'm not ashamed to say so...

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 12:08:35 PM »
I originally wasn't going to reply to this post as I didn't really see a point. No matter what I say, it's not going to change anyone's mind. Then I thought to myself, well if it's not going to change anyone's mind then what have I got to lose? :dunno:

Hey I'm not saying they are perfect...both sides are to blame for all of it...

Hamas wasn't created until 1987. The occupation, the war crimes. It  was all going on from before that. How is this the fault of the Palestinians exactly?

the Palestinians are awful to their own (not all mind you)

Your source?

If you're talking about the lack of medical care and the child mortality rate, that's not their fault. If you're talking about "using children as shields", that's never been proven. The only people who claim it are people working in Israel, not exactly a trustworthy source when it comes to Palestine.

...I don't get that...plus I have friends that live on both sides, and live in fear of and or with daily bombing daily...

The main difference is resources. What would you be more afraid of? Overglorified homemade fireworks that can be taken out or the most advanced weapons system money can buy?

I  am for a sane solution, and I don't get the hostility but hey that's OK agree to disagree...

I don't get why people are in favour of genocide either. I don't get why people blindly support war crimes. I suppose that's the human race for you.  :dunno:

The four things I hate the most in this world are genocide, injustice, religion and politics. If anything involves any one of those things the chances are I will be hostile towards it. This "conflict" involves all four.

I am used to the flack that comes with supporting Israel and supporting Palestinians that want nothing to do with this at all...

Israel wants nothing to do with this did I just hear you say?  :orly:

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/2014/10/14/israeli-professor-calls-for-palestinian-genocide/
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gaza-strip-palestinian-genocide-permissible-claims-israeli-writer-1459390
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1580339/Israeli-minister-vows-Palestinian-holocaust.html
http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/locals-cheer-bombing-from-sderot-cinema-as-israel-steps-up-attacks-on-hamas-in-gaza-strip/story-fnh81ifq-1226988013066

I can get more sources if you like.

Of course I imagine there are Palestinians who want nothing more but every single Israeli dead but thankfully for Israel they don't have the resources.

Then there are those that are Christians who are being killed in the 1,000's but no one gives a damn...

You say that nobody gives a damn? Watch the news.

The last time I checked, people didn't give a damn about Palestine and everyone rallied together against the slaughter of Christians. Both things are wrong of course but the way I see it is that if you can't pick and choose when mass murder is okay. If you're against one mass murder, you have to be against all mass murder otherwise you're a hypocritical asshole.

so no I am not for mass murder, I am for peace...

Considering you support a state that's guilty of numerous war crimes, that's a bit hypocritical.

I don't support the UK, the US or any country or government that's guilty of war crimes or injustice. In that sense, I don't really support anyone I suppose.  :dunno:

Fuck politics, fuck Israel and above all fuck the human race.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 12:19:06 PM by Some_Bloke »

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 12:38:42 PM »
It's the level of argumentation i'm dealing with.

Scrappy can't argue with you. Instead he resorts to making fun of word-filters he recommended in the first place and insulting people who disagree with him.

I wouldn't really call it an argument.

"Proper" argument:

Person 1: Well I think X
Person 2: You're wrong because of what Y said/did
Person 1: Y is not a trustworthy source, it is full of holes
(ect)

Scrappy "argument":

Person 1: Well I think X
Scrappy: You're an anti-semetic kool aid drinker for even considering that.
Person 1: But what about what Y says? You can't pretend that never happened
Scrappy: Hehehe word-filters
(ect)

Call me a hypocritical hippo if needbe for insulting Scrappy's style of "argument" but I hope you see my point Benj  :M

Yes I see your point.  The thing is, he actually can hold his own on some subjects, where he's bothered to read into, but mostly he's an ignorant cunt and needs to adopt this childish shit to make up for that. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 12:41:17 PM »

If you just swallow what Israel says (99.9% tripe), then you are going to support Israel.  The sad thing is, most of what you believe has been debunked, it just hasn't been on any ancient alien TV channel.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 12:44:56 PM »
I think she's also ignoring the Palestinian Christian population. 

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 12:51:19 PM »
If you just swallow what Israel says (99.9% tripe), then you are going to support Israel.  The sad thing is, most of what you believe has been debunked, it just hasn't been on any Zionist TV channel.

Found this.

You like?

After the BBC removed their reporter who said he found no evidence of human shields as this was deemed "anti-semite" I pretty much lost all respect for their "news"

I think she's also ignoring the Palestinian Christian population. 

A lot of people seem to forget that Palestinian isn't 100% "brown people" and Muslims.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 12:56:47 PM »
The BBC said he was on holiday!

Yep!

Hannah

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 05:02:47 PM »
Honestly I'm against violence period...yes humans some humans suck, many do it's our 'sin' or as I dub it 'suck' nature...people have choices and they make them on a daily basis right or wrong isn't relative it's pretty concrete I'm sorry but sawing off folks heads no matter the side is just a. ew b. wrong wrong wrong...I hate war, but even more then that I hate the evil nature of humans...

You're correct it did come across as hypocritical, I didn't mean for it to...only so much in typed form can be expressed I suppose...I like every other human on the face of the earth constantly struggle against what I want to do (might not be the best thing for others I mean being lazy or xyz other here) and what needs to be done what I really don't want to do is say work out or eat right even though I'm not seeing results as fast because of the meds I'm on hindering the weight loss making it slower (I know apples and oranges comparison) but I still do it...

The people who grow up in an environment of violence well they do have a choice but they are too afraid to go aginst the grain hence those that are Palestinian Christians are being hand have been murdered in mass numbers women and children too off with their heads on pikes as well as the men (remember when they fled this past summer to the mountains? it was awful) I don't just say this, it's one of the things I try to do something positive about (one of things I am 110 percent dedicated to are those that are Christians being killed just because they believe in Christ and donating monthly to an organization where all the funds go directly to help them) I don't say that to toot a horn, I could care less about 'oh look at Hannah' If I had my way I'd go over and help them (yes right in the middle of the conflict)

I've been overseas before, I've seen someone shot before on a mission/humanitarian trip I took at age 17 to China to help some middle school aged kids...my heart is to help people, to assume the best of people, to love folks yes all folks even those that hate me for the very love for them I have...

This all said Some Bloke I believe you are a good person, with a good heart as well...not much more I can type about this...but that is where I stand...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:07:00 PM by Hannah »

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »
Scrappy, I can't believe I'm even saying this but I owe you an apology. You see, I used to think you were delusional and an Islamophobe. I also used to think that you were kinda dumb, that you didn't know a lot of what really happened in parts of the world.

I take all of it back. It seems I didn't really know the true definition of any of those words, not until I read Hanna's latest post.

Sincerely yours

The Asshole Beyond The Wall

Honestly I'm against violence period...yes humans some humans suck, many do it's our 'sin' or as I dub it 'suck' nature...people have choices and they make them on a daily basis right or wrong isn't relative

Human nature for you  :dunno:

it's pretty concrete

Human nature, unlike your posts is very concrete. Human beings are assholes, end of.

I'm sorry but sawing off folks heads no matter the side is just a. ew b. wrong wrong wrong...I hate war, but even
more then that I hate the evil nature of humans...

That's ISIS. Hamas, while it has ties to the Islamic faith and both exist within the Middle East. They're not the same guys. Unless you completely bought Israeli propaganda 100% (and no I'm not talking about Western news), you shouldn't even think that.   

You're correct it did come across as hypocritical, I didn't mean for it to...

You came across as a hypocrite in your last post, now you come across as things a lot worse than a simple hypocrite.

Everyone can be a hypocrite sometimes. That's forgiveable. Some other things are a bit more difficult to forgive though.

The people who grow up in an environment of violence well they do have a choice but they are too afraid to go aginst the grain hence those that are Palestinian Christians are being hand have been murdered in mass numbers

By Israel. They have been killed in large numbers by Israel.

women and children too off with their heads on pikes as well as the men (remember when they fled this past summer to the mountains? it was awful)

Oh my fucking God...  :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

Seriously? That's not even the same fucking country! I could tolerate a mix-up between Hamas and ISIS as both have ties to the Islamic faith, but this is something else. I'm wondering if you can even point to Palestine (or what's left of it) on a map now.

ISIS KILLED THOSE PEOPLE, ISIS CAUSED PEOPLE TO FLEE TO THE MOUNTAINS. HAMAS HAD NO PART IN ANY OF THAT

THERE ARE NO MOUNTAINS IN THE GAZA STRIP TO BEGIN WITH, THERE IS NOWHERE FOR ANY OF THOSE PEOPLE TO RUN

I'll ask you the same question I asked in my last post, but you've ignored it so I'll ask again

WHAT ARE YOUR SOURCES?

I don't just say this, it's one of the things I try to do something positive about (one of things I am 110 percent dedicated to are those that are Christians being killed just because they believe in Christ and donating monthly to an organization where all the funds go directly to help them)

The last time I checked, there aren't any charities that actually help people living in Palestine. This is because Israel does not allow them in. They would not allow the Red Cross access to certain parts of Palestine.

my heart is to help people, to assume the best of people, to love folks yes all folks even those that hate me for the very love for them I have...

If you really want to help people living in Palestine. Learn some facts first

Then again, Palestine is a lost cause. Everyone living there is going to die and there isn't anything any of us can do.

This all said Some Bloke I believe you are a good person, with a good heart as well...not much more I can type about this...but that is where I stand...

I think there's plenty more you can type. Maybe start with some sources?

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 06:30:59 PM »
I like that Jon Stewart picture  :)