Educational

Author Topic: Now listen here, feminism...  (Read 4033 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Now listen here, feminism...
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2014, 09:59:50 PM »
How did a burrow-dwelling rodent learn about glass cliffs?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2014, 11:17:30 PM »
I learned it from Awiddershinlife.  :lol1:  <-- True story.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:19:04 PM by Gopher Gary »
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2014, 12:19:18 AM »
It implies that "with impunity" doesn't mean "no punishments whatsoever", but "exemption from an existing punishment".

Exactly A modern-day example is India and the recent rape cases.
Modern day western feminists should focus their interests there.

Plenty of societies to choose from, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2014, 05:10:35 PM »
It implies that "with impunity" doesn't mean "no punishments whatsoever", but "exemption from an existing punishment".

Agreed.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2014, 06:34:50 PM »

I think its a pretty safe bet not to concentrate on the west though. With a keyboard. :green:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2014, 12:04:14 AM »

I think its a pretty safe bet not to concentrate on the west though. With a keyboard. :green:

I hear the US is lagging behind on women's rights. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »

I hear the US is lagging behind on women's rights. :zoinks:

That's probably ALL you hear. The U.S. treats women like goddesses, and nothing has improved.
I will never stop...

Hannah

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »
here is the Hannah's 2 cents...Why the heck is it still around? it being Feminism bleh bleh blah go to the People's Republic of China with that and see how long it lasts (having been on a humanitarian trip there at age 17 and getting over seeing someone shot, I can tell you not long)...Honestly it gives me a headache... :headhurts: It's worse then fox news, MSNBC (say what is that even news anymore?) I'd rather watch a public broadcast telethon then listen to the drivel being spewed by most these days...it's easy to spew verbiage isn't it? Yet takes oh 'effort' to put thought into something before pressing post send what have you...

That said I also love the fact that anyone can make something of themselves regardless of sex...for example I will be gainfully employed hopeful soon after my IT classes, I'm getting up off my rear and doing it because no one else will do so for me, and anything worth anything is worth the effort...I have had to pull teeth to get my IT classes covered but my mom whom is just great and thought me how to self advocate really well, thanks mom for showing me how to stand up for myself with class... :-*

That is all this female with Aspergers has to say on the subject...

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Hannah

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2014, 04:41:36 PM »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »
here is the Hannah's 2 cents...Why the heck is it still around? it being Feminism bleh bleh blah go to the People's Republic of China with that and see how long it lasts (having been on a humanitarian trip there at age 17 and getting over seeing someone shot, I can tell you not long)...Honestly it gives me a headache... :headhurts: It's worse then fox news, MSNBC (say what is that even news anymore?) I'd rather watch a public broadcast telethon then listen to the drivel being spewed by most these days...it's easy to spew verbiage isn't it? Yet takes oh 'effort' to put thought into something before pressing post send what have you...

That said I also love the fact that anyone can make something of themselves regardless of sex...for example I will be gainfully employed hopeful soon after my IT classes, I'm getting up off my rear and doing it because no one else will do so for me, and anything worth anything is worth the effort...I have had to pull teeth to get my IT classes covered but my mom whom is just great and thought me how to self advocate really well, thanks mom for showing me how to stand up for myself with class... :-*

Impressive. You seem to understand where your strength and motivation really comes from.
I will never stop...

Hannah

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2014, 10:24:54 AM »

Impressive. You seem to understand where your strength and motivation really comes from.

Thank you Mr. RageBeoulve! :) It comes from first off from the faith I hold which without I'm not sure I'd be where I am at...also habit over time for example getting up no later then 9 am walking the dog cleaning up the house making the bed keeping my appointments keeping a budget etc...these things have been added a bit at a time over time (2 years) and they equal progress at the end of the day...no one does the small things for us as I've found (the hard way more times then I can count) so again thank you...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »

Thank you Mr. RageBeoulve! :) It comes from first off from the faith I hold which without I'm not sure I'd be where I am at...also habit over time for example getting up no later then 9 am walking the dog cleaning up the house making the bed keeping my appointments keeping a budget etc...these things have been added a bit at a time over time (2 years) and they equal progress at the end of the day...no one does the small things for us as I've found (the hard way more times then I can count) so again thank you...

No thanks needed. Seems like you know exactly how to motivate yourself and overcome. The world needs more of that.
I will never stop...

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2014, 05:46:11 AM »
This thread is, sadly, not one of those threads that makes me glad to be a member of intensity (which some of the threads here on controversial topics actually do, because you can tell people involved are actually interested in getting new information), and is instead one of those threads that reminds me of the futility of arguing with people on the internet.

Rage was at least 50% trolling to start with, and I'm not seeing any interest on his part of hearing opposing sides- he just want to keep on saying what he's saying.  This thread's probably going the way he hoped it would.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.