Educational

Author Topic: Now listen here, feminism...  (Read 4082 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Now listen here, feminism...
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2014, 07:20:18 PM »
I'm not just talking about punishments here, guys. I'm talking about everything. All rights, all modes of preferable behavior. And Pyraxis is correct. Sometimes punishments are selectively enforced for both men and women depending on the situation. The same goes for white and black, straight and queer, trans and cis, etc etc. Feminism does not address this in any way, and neither does any other social justice movement of our time.

They all CLAIM to, but I can undeniably see them safeguarding little exceptions for themselves everywhere while pointing out the ones others make for themselves. Its just a bunch of childish horseshit, from where I'm standing. If people want equality, they can move for equality. If they want to be a politicking sack of lying shit, ok but I will consistently point it out.

Egalitarianism and universal principles =/= exceptions to the rules.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2014, 08:04:25 PM »
If you're really the strong independent women you say you are, then stop whining to the state to get your agenda enforced by law. Stop needing to be told how -beautiful and special- you are for FIVE FUCKING MINUTES at least.

Cm'on girls. If you want to be strong, then fucking do it. If you don't know how, ask someone. Even if its a man like your evil old dad.

This is exactly the shit that prevents me - and many others - from taking you bunch of haters seriously. So you hate women. Leave us the fuck alone and mind your own business.

Oh, yes - I know you will come up with off the chart spewing of some man-hater to counter act my post. I know you are that desperate to put us down. I don't give those haters any more credence than I give your tears of sexual frustration.

No wonder you can't get laid!
I love everyone yet like no one    WTF

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2014, 11:50:12 PM »
I challenge you to find a 1st wave feminist fighting for the right to work in a coal mine or Carnegie Steel Mill. ::)

Apparently none of them did???? Whats the point of challenging?

To show that 1st wave feminism was driven by the privilege and entitlement of upper class white women. They only had their own interests in mind and not the interests of women in general.

Fighting for the right to work in a coal mine equals interests of women in general? :facepalm:

That first wave, as I recall, focussed on voting rights, employment rights, education, etc.

The first wave was elitist. No doubt about that. Voting rights equal for women and men, but not joining forces with the people wanting to expand voting rights to all men, not only the elite. So, yes first wave was as elitist as the social group of people they were part of.

There was no need to fight for the right to do heavy labour for women though. There were women in factories and mines. Not everywhere, but they were there. And in some places it was no exception at all.

OTOH, I think in some societies, married women were not allowed to work outside the home.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2014, 11:54:08 PM »
It implies that "with impunity" doesn't mean "no punishments whatsoever", but "exemption from an existing punishment".

Exactly A modern-day example is India and the recent rape cases.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2014, 11:57:13 PM »
Oh, and...

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2014, 01:12:47 AM »
I challenge you to find a 1st wave feminist fighting for the right to work in a coal mine or Carnegie Steel Mill. ::)

Apparently none of them did???? Whats the point of challenging?

To show that 1st wave feminism was driven by the privilege and entitlement of upper class white women. They only had their own interests in mind and not the interests of women in general.

Fighting for the right to work in a coal mine equals interests of women in general? :facepalm:

That first wave, as I recall, focussed on voting rights, employment rights, education, etc.

The first wave was elitist. No doubt about that. Voting rights equal for women and men, but not joining forces with the people wanting to expand voting rights to all men, not only the elite. So, yes first wave was as elitist as the social group of people they were part of.

There was no need to fight for the right to do heavy labour for women though. There were women in factories and mines. Not everywhere, but they were there. And in some places it was no exception at all.

OTOH, I think in some societies, married women were not allowed to work outside the home.

IIRC that is a bit later in time, for middle class. Lower class always needed every bit of money they could get, to feed the family.
In my country, till in the seventies of last century, women could get sacked, the moment they got married, especially in government paid positions. As a kid I did not know better that female teachers disappeared from the scene, the moment they tied the knot. It was a way to keep statistics on unemployment rates low.

Of course, exceptions were made, when there was no other staff available. My grandmother was an exception. Not only was she allowed to keep her job at school after marriage, she even taught girls to knit and sew for half a year while being a mother already. Then they found a new teacher, and she was sacked, she was after all married. Her duties were elsewhere.

(She became a small farmer after that, her husband was a carpenter/builder)

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2014, 04:39:20 PM »
It implies that "with impunity" doesn't mean "no punishments whatsoever", but "exemption from an existing punishment".

Modern day western feminists should focus their interests there.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2014, 07:22:09 PM »
I don't know how accurate Mexico by James Michener is.  He has mexican women working in the silver(?) mines carrying up the output/waste in baskets.  There were fatal falls.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2014, 07:40:54 PM »

Modern day western feminists should focus their interests there.

I'd rather just moan about glass cliffs and complain that my high level corporate job is more precarious than the men.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2014, 08:00:50 PM »
Ceilings. Glass ceilings. Faker.  :P
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »

If you don't know about the glass cliff, then you've never broken through the ceiling.  :hahaha:

You can moan about that instead.  Girl Power!! :zoinks:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2014, 08:59:37 PM »

If you don't know about the glass cliff, then you've never broken through the ceiling.  :hahaha:

You can moan about that instead.  Girl Power!! :zoinks:

:o

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »

Wow, you weren't kidding. There is such a concept as a glass cliff. The things you learn.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2014, 09:28:27 PM »
If you're really the strong independent women you say you are, then stop whining to the state to get your agenda enforced by law. Stop needing to be told how -beautiful and special- you are for FIVE FUCKING MINUTES at least.

Cm'on girls. If you want to be strong, then fucking do it. If you don't know how, ask someone. Even if its a man like your evil old dad.

This is exactly the shit that prevents me - and many others - from taking you bunch of haters seriously. So you hate women. Leave us the fuck alone and mind your own business.

Oh, yes - I know you will come up with off the chart spewing of some man-hater to counter act my post. I know you are that desperate to put us down. I don't give those haters any more credence than I give your tears of sexual frustration.

No wonder you can't get laid!

I figured the response would be about my sex life or the length of my penis. Typical bullshit.

No wonder your raggedy ass movement is dying.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2014, 09:43:41 PM »

Wow, you weren't kidding. There is such a concept as a glass cliff. The things you learn.

I know, right? I'm awesome.  :eyelash: