Author Topic: I am a grumpy old man IRL  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: I am a grumpy old man IRL
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »
I would have let you in front of me Al, but if you paid with pennies I would have pelted you with produce. ;)

I agree with odeon, supermarkets are evil. >:D

I tend to attract lost old men shopping for sick wives. Usually every other month or so...I help them get the stuff on their list so they can stop circling the store.

Getting old sucks.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 09:08:31 AM »
I would have let you in front of me Al, but if you paid with pennies I would have pelted you with produce. ;)

I tend to attract lost old men shopping for sick wives. Usually every other month or so...I help them get the stuff on their list so they can stop circling the store.

Getting old sucks.

Lol, that reminds me of a woman buying a single stamp from the receptionist/man who took care of mail on uni. She did that a couple of times, less than two minutes before closing time.
So, he would stamp her envelope and tell her it was 55 cts. She would come up with a €100,00 bill. And would get away with her letter stamped for free, because he did not have the change. 

So, he started collecting pennies and 5ct pieces.

Next time she came with her scheme he told her he had the change. They both did not leave the building till very late. She never bought a stamp there again. And the man had a story he loved telling for years.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 09:35:45 AM »

Getting old sucks.

Lol, that reminds me of a woman buying a single stamp from the receptionist/man who took care of mail on uni. She did that a couple of times, less than two minutes before closing time.
So, he would stamp her envelope and tell her it was 55 cts. She would come up with a €100,00 bill. And would get away with her letter stamped for free, because he did not have the change. 

Next time she came with her scheme he told her he had the change. They both did not leave the building till very late. She never bought a stamp there again. And the man had a story he loved telling for years.

I worked with a young girl one time at a ice cream place. She was young, blonde and very slow...it was her first job...I knew from the moment she hit the door she wouldn't last long. The manager used to run the grill and the checkout at lunch time and treated her like a piece of shit...when she was fired the owner and his wife, and the manager combined told her a list of all her "faults" and reduced her to a sobbing mess standing outside waiting for her mom to come pick her up. I snuck outside with another girl and gave her a hug before she went.

She came up a week later when the manager was working the grill with a friend to buy her lunch...around $3.00 or so. Paid for the whole order with a sack of pennies. The manager was there forever counting them out and boy was she pissed. I had to hide in back because I couldn't stop laughing. :LOL:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 10:18:02 AM »

Getting old sucks.

I worked with a young girl one time at a ice cream place. She was young, blonde and very slow...it was her first job...I knew from the moment she hit the door she wouldn't last long. The manager used to run the grill and the checkout at lunch time and treated her like a piece of shit...when she was fired the owner and his wife, and the manager combined told her a list of all her "faults" and reduced her to a sobbing mess standing outside waiting for her mom to come pick her up. I snuck outside with another girl and gave her a hug before she went.

She came up a week later when the manager was working the grill with a friend to buy her lunch...around $3.00 or so. Paid for the whole order with a sack of pennies. The manager was there forever counting them out and boy was she pissed. I had to hide in back because I couldn't stop laughing. :LOL:

Yay for pennies and creative revenge.  :viking:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 10:29:18 AM »
I had an arsehole boss that sacked me once. That is, he took me on, and decided that week, to keep on the the guy I was replacing. There had been laws changing the way that the place was working and they were scrambling. Bad timing.
That week I was shaved in front of a filing cabinet and computer diary system for their work.
After 3 days there they took me for lunch and confessed that they could not keep me on nor had time to train me up and they would let me go on Friday of that week and pay me for the next week.
So then I got back at them through the only two means I had at my disposal.
I of course found more work and ran into someone I knew in town a few months later. I asked on these two. They apparently had some problems and had closed down and moved up North.
I smiled.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 11:00:16 AM »
I have never seen them turn someone away from a line like that,  I wish they would do it here.  I have on more than one occasion just left everything I was buying either in the cart or on the displays next to the check outs and walked out when I have been in situations like that though.  I try and go at off times or when I drive by and the parking lot lots empty I will stop in.  I also hate the self check outs for some reason they always screw up when I use them either giving me the wrong price or not taking my money.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 11:10:11 AM »
I have never seen them turn someone away from a line like that,  I wish they would do it here.  I have on more than one occasion just left everything I was buying either in the cart or on the displays next to the check outs and walked out when I have been in situations like that though.  I try and go at off times or when I drive by and the parking lot lots empty I will stop in.  I also hate the self check outs for some reason they always screw up when I use them either giving me the wrong price or not taking my money.
Agreed. The cashiers should enforce the policy of express check out. Do like self-checkout at walmart though; it's genius.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 11:22:55 AM »
Agreed. The cashiers should enforce the policy of express check out. Do like self-checkout at walmart though; it's genius.

They don't have them at the Walmart I go to.  I have found the lines there get shorter the further you go from the ones by the 12 item or less ones and you can normally get a line with nobody or just one person in it.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 03:37:45 PM »
Just came back from Walmart. It was packed. Choc covered Christmas cherries reduced to .34 a box.

They're the fucking anti-Christ.  :GA:

*and she pops another cherry in her mouth*

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 04:37:29 PM »
Just came back from Walmart. It was packed. Choc covered Christmas cherries reduced to .34 a box.

They're the fucking anti-Christ.  :GA:

*and she pops another cherry in her mouth*
They're awesome, no? :laugh:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »
But you're OUR grumpy old man.   :hug:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 08:48:17 PM »
But you're OUR grumpy old man.   :hug:

:hug:

I am that :)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 08:50:23 PM »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 12:25:03 AM »
A couple of times those self serve checkouts have short changed me then refused to spit out a receipt to prove it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 01:48:33 AM »
A couple of times those self serve checkouts have short changed me then refused to spit out a receipt to prove it.

SUXX!

I have never had to deal with that, but then, I only use my bank debit card at those places.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.