Author Topic: I am a grumpy old man IRL  (Read 2888 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: I am a grumpy old man IRL
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2014, 11:41:40 PM »
Imagine working in a place where you are required to wear the same outfit that all the sales people wear, as a uniform.

Anyone, any random stranger, at any time can single you out while you are actually doing some more brilliant part of TEH larger part of the overall job (I actually work in Inventory Control - this is quite a lot more important, demanding and difficult than hustling someone out the fuccking door with as much shit as they can carry.) which most who wear the uniform could NOT even begin to accomplish. 

Then you are distracted to infinity while you have to get some lame-ass punk who does NOT want to be called to work has to stumble over and (thankfully) relieve you from this horrible stranger who just keeps talking to you, even though you have said five times that someone who can help them is coming, soon!

:hair:

I am much better off staying in MY warehouse. I HATE venturing into the "dunes,"  (I call it because of the un-even lighting makes one section seem higher than others) dealing with strangers who ALL have questions about the most inane bullshit.

"No, I can not tell you why you can not connect your computer to your camera or why you can not log in to your network or why your software does not do what you thought it would or why your card is expired or why it is so hard to choose between the seventy or eighty speakers we offer for you stupid computer or your  ... --- ... "

FUCK!!!

After just ONE day, I almost start drinking again.

Oh, you were the guy we talked to yesterday.  Sorry.

Yes, I am that BestBuy customer simply because I am ungeeky to the max.

Damn your ASS!!

:GA:

:lol1:

... but it is true. You hurted me.

You made it difficult for me to anything but :GA:  the rest of the day. 

But to be most honest, it was NOT your first approach or even your third that sent me into spazzland; I am a fairly strong spaz. 

It was probably your  bucktoothed, rednecked cousin's seventh or your Alzheimered from Thor's hammer's granny's eleventh approach that sent me over the edge.

Mostly I do OK, but there are limits to my pretend sanity.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:15:10 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2014, 01:55:15 AM »
Ah, sometimes there is a customer that wants to get something done that is not possible, or not going to happen. And they keep asking and asking. Only way to deal with it is get someone else confirming it.

Afterwards: "Hyke, why did you call me, you know yourself how this works?"
Me: "yeah, I know, you know too, they will not stop nagging till someone else affirms what I am saying, better get over with that quickly".
Sometimes we then both see this client harassing yet a third employee, to get the same done.
 :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA:

It is funny, when in the mood to find it funny.  :P
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2014, 05:59:10 AM »
Imagine working in a place where you are required to wear the same outfit that all the sales people wear, as a uniform.

Anyone, any random stranger, at any time can single you out while you are actually doing some more brilliant part of TEH larger part of the overall job (I actually work in Inventory Control - this is quite a lot more important, demanding and difficult than hustling someone out the fuccking door with as much shit as they can carry.) which most who wear the uniform could NOT even begin to accomplish. 

Then you are distracted to infinity while you have to get some lame-ass punk who does NOT want to be called to work has to stumble over and (thankfully) relieve you from this horrible stranger who just keeps talking to you, even though you have said five times that someone who can help them is coming, soon!

I am much better off staying in MY warehouse. I HATE venturing into the "dunes,"  (I call it because of the un-even lighting makes one section seem higher than others) dealing with strangers who ALL have questions about the most inane bullshit.

"No, I can not tell you why you can not connect your computer to your camera or why you can not log in to your network or why your software does not do what you thought it would or why your card is expired or why it is so hard to choose between the seventy or eighty speakers we offer for you stupid computer or your  ... --- ... "

FUCK!!!

Your a better man than me,  I can barely walk in your store let alone stay in there and deal with customers.  I don't think I would last even one day before having a total meltdown

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2014, 07:24:13 AM »

FUCK!!!

Oh, you were the guy we talked to yesterday.  Sorry.

Yes, I am that BestBuy customer simply because I am ungeeky to the max.

Damn your ASS!!

:GA:

:lol1:

... but it is true. You hurted me.

You made it difficult for me to anything but :GA:  the rest of the day. 

But to be most honest, it was NOT your first approach or even your third that sent me into spazzland; I am a fairly strong spaz. 

It was probably your  bucktoothed, rednecked cousin's seventh or your Alzheimered from Thor's hammer's granny's eleventh approach that sent me over the edge.

Mostly I do OK, but there are limits to my pretend sanity.

On our/my last visit I had to have the GEEK guy tell me again that the PR's tablet needed a new charger cord (didn't understand it from the previous visit).  Couldn't find the Samsung display (duh, can't read SAMSUNG as big as brass).  I had to ask some poor man where the Samsung thing was.

I did send the PR off to find a controller attachment for her pink Wii controller that I bought on ebay without the attachment (ungeek me).  Nope, no attachments of any color.  But she did learn some independence.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »
My SO is the customer from hell. I won't go shopping with him for anything more complicated than groceries unless I have to. I've seen the scared look of store employees caught like deer in the headlights,  :blah: and I feel their pain.  :zombiefuck:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 12:40:28 AM »
I hate it when people approach me. I'm very grumpy that way.

What if I approached you? :cbc: :moomin:   Would you still be grumpy?
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2014, 12:38:43 PM »

No, I have a soft spot for weebles. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2014, 06:37:39 AM »

No, I have a soft spot for weebles. :)

That's just a soft spot. :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2014, 08:02:17 AM »
A while ago  I missed a loan repayment. I had not realised. They called me and explained what had happened. I said. "Oh shit, alright. Sorry about that, I dunno what happened there, I will sort it". They set up a direct debit with me for their peace of mind for future repayments. I said "yup, don't worry I will just transfer the repayment amount into that account each fortnight on Thursday, just draw it on Friday each fortnight" We set that up. Dates were right. They then said, "What about tat missed payment? We can take double the payment if you like?" I said, "No this is my savings account and I do not want to touch my savings. I will pay the extra by direct payment.
They said that was fine (amoung slobberings about how they did not mean to inconvenience me and that they were sure it was just an oversight and how great it was I was setting up a direct debit for them so they were not getting all hysterical on me...)
So Thursday I make that payment. (missed repayment)
Then my account is debited twice by them.
I call them on the weekend
I mention that my savings has had money taken out. They explained it was them. I referred them to the previous agreement. They said, "Oh OK, yes we see from the notes, you are correct, it was our mistake. So anyhow, if you can just go to the branch, they will be able to reverse the payment."
I did not get cross. I said "Sure, sure. I can, unfortunately, not get into the branch during the week as my work does not allow the necessary time during breaks for this and I do need this reversed and I am glad you acknowledge it is a mistake from your end. But then mistakes happen. That's ok, so if you could arrange for this to be transferred, that would be great."
There they started to refute this. There was apparently no way this could be done. I asked whether I could get an email address to authorise it and reiterated my position. No, no good. I said, "C'mon now, you know what taking out someone's money without their permission is sometimes called?" No they did not like that either.
In the end I stopped being cordial
I said "OK this is how it goes from here. I am not wasting any more call credit. You give me an email address I can sort this through or I will just email the Banking Ombudsman and you can explain how reasonable the position of me sorting out your fuck up."
"Oh...oh...Hang on a moment, sir"
a couple of minutes later i am just about to hang up when I hear
"Hello sir, are you there? The Personal Loan team are still here, they said that hey are able to reverse that particular payment by the end of today and they will not require you to go into a branch"
"Delightful. Thanks so much for your help"
"Anything else I can do for you?"
'No, I really don't think so"
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2014, 08:40:31 AM »
You must kill them all. :arrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2014, 08:56:22 AM »
You are right. There is only one solution.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2014, 02:32:52 AM »
Do what's expected of you as a spazz. Go berserk. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2014, 12:48:58 AM »

You've been spending too much time with Lit. :litigious: :P

Perhaps it's something in the snow. :GA:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2014, 02:24:14 AM »

We don't have any. :GA:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2014, 05:48:29 AM »

We don't have any. :GA:

Then it's Lit. :GA: