Educational

Author Topic: I am a grumpy old man IRL  (Read 2833 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: I am a grumpy old man IRL
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2016, 02:23:56 PM »
The worst kind is those that tell you their life's story when you've committed to buying and just want to pay for the damned thing. Had one like that at a bookstore yesterday, Fucking hell, she managed to tell her that she had indeed read the author's last book but not this one just yet, but she was looking forward to it and by the way, she met the author at someplace or the other, and she likes that kind of book and yeah, this one seems so *suggestive* and oh, did she mention that she had met the author? And that last book by the author had that *hilarious* chapter that recounted that you know...

KILLKILLKILLKILLKILL
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2016, 10:35:48 AM »
  Got a call today from some random stranger babbling about how I supposedly was entered in a raffle
  to win jewelry or something.  Very vague, wanted me to stay on the line while he confirmed my
  entry information.  I yelled, "Do you know who I am?  Do you even know who you're calling?"  :mad:
  It was probably some sort of scheme to get credit card information.  I was loudly rude, then hung up!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2016, 03:31:49 PM »
  Got a call today from some random stranger babbling about how I supposedly was entered in a raffle
  to win jewelry or something.  Very vague, wanted me to stay on the line while he confirmed my
  entry information.  I yelled, "Do you know who I am?  Do you even know who you're calling?"  :mad:
  It was probably some sort of scheme to get credit card information.  I was loudly rude, then hung up!

Proud of you.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »

Proud of you.

Thank you.  :2thumbsup:  I just don't have the patience lately for things that waste my time!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2016, 01:44:15 AM »
S'blood, we at the lestat rett residence have a phone spammer plague.

My old man just tells them to get lost. I on the other hand am not so tolerant.
Funny things are to lead them on, and hold the phone, while one walks off and forgets about it, leaving the spamwhoring cocksniffler stuck on the other end of the line, having to pay for a useless call. Otherwise just cutting loose with a torrent of abuse. The worst, unkindest thing ever done though was to feign partial hearing, ask them to speak up, meaning put face to phone. Then fired several pistol rounds into a handy block of scrap wood, keeping the pistol close to the mouthpiece of the phone. Presumably deafened the sod pretty good. He wan't on the line afterwards.

Admittedly that was a bastardly thing to do, but I was grumpy, sleep deprived and besides I really, really REALLY haven't the slightest drop of sympathy or kindness for spammers.

Dropping into foreign language is funny too sometimes.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »
Am I happy I never had to call you, Lestat. :P

Funny, most abusive language happened with calls coming in. Calls going out was less problematic. Gangs of trolls would also call in, on the free numbers.

Glad someone put on my file that due to autism I should never work at a call center again.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!