Author Topic: ASDC is having some issues  (Read 10443 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: ASDC is having some issues
« Reply #300 on: April 02, 2015, 06:50:11 AM »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #301 on: April 02, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »
No, I'm just pointing out the truth that your behavior made all too clear.

What you were trying to pass off as a support site was nothing more than your own personal vanity project.

You should've been up front about that fact and you weren't.

I don't care to speculate if it's becasue you're not honest with others or if you're just not honest with yourself.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #302 on: April 02, 2015, 11:32:03 AM »
That's the core of my beef here, ASDC was one of the few sites left where you could talk to those people.

Al probably forgot that his purpose in life is to make things convenient for you.

You probably thought this was a clever, snarky retort but it actually makes my point for me.

Al was claiming to run a support site for the benefit of its members when in reality he was just trying to elevate his own profile in the AS online community.

When that didn't work, he just left it like he didn't care (which he didn't).

In other words he pulled a Melody Hensley.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #303 on: April 02, 2015, 04:05:34 PM »
That's the core of my beef here, ASDC was one of the few sites left where you could talk to those people.

Al probably forgot that his purpose in life is to make things convenient for you.

You probably thought this was a clever, snarky retort but it actually makes my point for me.

As delusional as always Scrappy Doo.  You really do think that he owes you something.   :headhurts:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #304 on: April 02, 2015, 04:34:14 PM »

As delusional as always Scrappy Doo.  You really do think that he owes you something.   :headhurts:

And on that note:

Scooby Scooby Doo, what the hell happened to you? :aff:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #305 on: April 02, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »

By claiming to be a support site, he owes the membership to live up to a higher standard than some side project that can be tossed aside when he gets bored with it.

When he left to "deal with RL issues" he left absolutely no one in charge. The site withered and died as a result.

Someone has to hold his ass to a fire for that fact.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #306 on: April 02, 2015, 05:24:56 PM »
A site is made by the combination of members and staff. Without members active, no site, and no staff.

After PPK and El-Presidente left, activity plummeted. From regular members, from moderating members, and from the leftover admin members.

Only members active in the end were Ozy, Dunc, Some-Bloke, TitsMcgee, Lit and me. Of those, TitsMcgee was a mod on a section, and I was a childforum mod. BB and Jack posted once or twice in the past few months too.

The site was as good as dead. And a revival try a while ago did not bring what it needed to bring.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #307 on: April 02, 2015, 05:41:28 PM »
Just start a callout, Pappy. I'm tired of seeing drama here when there is a whole damn section meant for drama.
Callouts are for situations where people want to argue without anyone else having any input in the thread.

I'm pretty sure that this is one of those situations...
How so?

It just seems like this is something between Al and Pap, unless I'm reading it wrong.
That makes sense; just didn't understand what you meant because they weren't exactly telling others to butt out of the topic. Seems there's a callout now though.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #308 on: April 02, 2015, 06:32:27 PM »
There have been countless autism spectrum boards, "support" boards and otherwise, that have died out from lack of members. I don't see why this one is a sign of some moral failing on Al's part. Retaining members is a logistical question, not an ethical one.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #309 on: April 02, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »
No, I'm just pointing out the truth that your behavior made all too clear.

What you were trying to pass off as a support site was nothing more than your own personal vanity project.

You should've been up front about that fact and you weren't.

I don't care to speculate if it's becasue you're not honest with others or if you're just not honest with yourself.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?board=16.0
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #310 on: April 02, 2015, 08:49:55 PM »

Al was claiming to run a support site for the benefit of its members when in reality he was just trying to elevate his own profile in the AS online community.

When that didn't work, he just left it like he didn't care (which he didn't).

In other words he pulled a Melody Hensley.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #311 on: April 02, 2015, 08:50:23 PM »

By claiming to be a support site, he owes the membership to live up to a higher standard than some side project that can be tossed aside when he gets bored with it.

When he left to "deal with RL issues" he left absolutely no one in charge. The site withered and died as a result.

Someone has to hold his ass to a fire for that fact.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #312 on: April 02, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »
Scrap.

Go to the callout and stop shitting up this thread.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,23025.0.html

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #313 on: April 02, 2015, 09:46:12 PM »

Since you brought up Dunc, I think it's Dunc's fault you can't talk to those people, and I just can't get past the idea you're just as mad at Dunc. I actually wish Dunc was here right now. I know you guys are all mad and serious at the moment, but your arguing has got me all revved up, and I had the most hilarious idea. I'm a charming and persuasive gopher, and if Dunc were here I think I could talk him into joining me in a pseudo-callout, with him and me mock-flaming and burning each other in a twisted effigy of your and Al's current argument.
I think that would be really funny.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #314 on: April 03, 2015, 02:32:50 AM »
Why would any of it be Al's fault? It's up to Dunc, Ozy, Lit etc to post at whatever boards there are left. If they choose not to, blame them or start a new board and invite them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein