Educational

Author Topic: Iowa FTW  (Read 17975 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Iowa FTW
« Reply #600 on: September 29, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
---
What's more likely? That YOU are the only one who "get it" or that you are just deluded yourself

Here we have it again. Argumentum ad populum. Like the majority knew anything.

No. I'm not saying the majority are always right. far from it. (I am in the minority on a LOT of things)

I'm saying what are the chances that YOU are virtually the ONLY one who "gets it"?

TheoK

« Reply #601 on: September 29, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
---
What's more likely? That YOU are the only one who "get it" or that you are just deluded yourself

No. I'm not saying the majority are always right. far from it. (I am in the minority on a LOT of things)

I'm saying what are the chances that YOU are virtually the ONLY one who "gets it"?

I'm not the only one getting it. I guess that quite some people get it but most don't speak their minds.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #602 on: September 29, 2013, 03:34:59 PM »
And, let me quess, anyone who doesn't "get it" just isnt living in the real world?

You still haven't explained to me how I don't have the right "experience" and how I'm not living in the real world btw

And let's not go round in circles here - don't just say because I don't get it or I'm stupid. Exactly HOW am I not living in the real world?

TheoK

« Reply #603 on: September 29, 2013, 03:40:36 PM »
And, let me quess, anyone who doesn't "get it" just isnt living in the real world?

You still haven't explained to me how I don't have the right "experience" and how I'm not living in the real world btw

And let's not go round in circles here - don't just say because I don't get it or I'm stupid. Exactly HOW am I not living in the real world?

You don't understand that society is rotten to the bone. People with life experience know that it is.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #604 on: September 29, 2013, 05:08:43 PM »

You don't understand that society is rotten to the bone. People with life experience know that it is.

It's possible for Adam to have all of the available evidence and still disagree with you.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #605 on: September 29, 2013, 05:28:08 PM »
And generally, those types are drug dealers and gang leaders. They mostly target OTHER criminals

Or helpless, unarmed people.

Gun violence in the US = crimes of passion, kids accidentally shooting themselves, nutcases shooting up their schools, shopping malls, cinemas etc etc etc

:facepalm2:

crimes of passion, kids accidentally shooting themselves

Guns being stored or used irresponsibly. This could be remedied without incinerating them and only allowing military and law enforcement to be armed. *see my earlier proposal

nutcases shooting up their schools, shopping malls, cinemas etc etc etc

Insane or criminal people taking advantage of GUN FREE ZONES. Places where nobody is armed, and nobody can stop them. The recent navy yard shooting? IT was on a military post, but it was also within.....*drumroll please* A GUN FREE ZONE, SIR. What happened when armed people showed up? The guy was killed.

..yeah.  :dunno:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #606 on: September 29, 2013, 10:57:07 PM »
If you don't come to similar conclusions as Rage and me you must lack real life experience, yes.

This perfectly sums up why it's pointless to attempt a discussion with you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #607 on: September 29, 2013, 11:00:11 PM »

You don't exactly possess the kind of credibility that will sway opinions here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #608 on: September 30, 2013, 03:39:09 AM »
 ???

TheoK

« Reply #609 on: September 30, 2013, 04:37:59 AM »
If you don't come to similar conclusions as Rage and me you must lack real life experience, yes.

You showed your own narrow-mindedness by starting this thread to begin with.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #610 on: September 30, 2013, 08:08:20 AM »
Local advocates for the visually impaired were split on the issue, but Iowa isn’t the only state that grants such permits to the blind.
In Michigan, for example, the blind can hunt with laser-sighted guns as long as they have a sighted adult aged 18 or older with them. (A blind woman there nabbed a black bear a few years ago.) Wisconsin and Texas have similar rules requiring sighted companions.
And last year, a New Jersey judge ordered the state to return confiscated guns to a blind veteran who was allowed to keep his gun permit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/09/16/dont-expect-iowa-to-revoke-gun-permits-for-the-blind-its-not-even-the-only-state-that-offers-them/
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #611 on: September 30, 2013, 09:05:10 AM »
Local advocates for the visually impaired were split on the issue, but Iowa isn’t the only state that grants such permits to the blind.
In Michigan, for example, the blind can hunt with laser-sighted guns as long as they have a sighted adult aged 18 or older with them. (A blind woman there nabbed a black bear a few years ago.) Wisconsin and Texas have similar rules requiring sighted companions.
And last year, a New Jersey judge ordered the state to return confiscated guns to a blind veteran who was allowed to keep his gun permit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/09/16/dont-expect-iowa-to-revoke-gun-permits-for-the-blind-its-not-even-the-only-state-that-offers-them/

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #612 on: September 30, 2013, 03:15:50 PM »

So I don't have life experience?

Sorry Lit but you really know fuck all about my life.

Also it's kind of pathetic that you're judging this based on the conclusions I've come to from my experiences, rather than the experiences themsleves.

You don't know much about my life experiences, but becuase I haven't come to the same conclusions as you, I *must* have no experience?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #613 on: September 30, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »
Insane or criminal people taking advantage of GUN FREE ZONES. Places where nobody is armed, and nobody can stop them. The recent navy yard shooting? IT was on a military post, but it was also within.....*drumroll please* A GUN FREE ZONE, SIR. What happened when armed people showed up? The guy was killed.

..yeah.  :dunno:

Nice theory.

Pretty much EVERYWHERE over here is a gun-free zone.

How come we don't get these shootings too then?

Hmm... maybe it's because we don't all have access to fucking guns.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #614 on: September 30, 2013, 03:19:40 PM »

You showed your own narrow-mindedness by starting this thread to begin with.

Does "narrow minded" mean "doesn't agree with Lit" here?