Author Topic: Iowa FTW  (Read 18047 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Iowa FTW
« Reply #255 on: September 18, 2013, 12:23:27 AM »
It doesn't seem to work that way in the US

HAH! GOTCHA. I have some bad news, adam. Countless studies conclude that in areas where it is legal to have concealed carry and such and there aren't any militant anti gun policies result in violent crime almost disappearing. Need I show you? Do we really need to rub this in?

Also quote quoted, and bolded so you can't miss it. Welcome to reality.

Violent crime is "almost disappearing" in areas where people have guns?

TheoK

« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2013, 01:27:29 AM »
Seems? Does it or doesn't it?
it does...

If you write 'seems like' people might do research.

Louisiana just passed a bill that nullifies all gun control legislation.  Now convicted felons can buy guns.

There should of course be no gun control at all. The founders of the US never intended any limits on gun ownership.

Aside from that owning guns is a natural right. You simply have the moral right to own a gun, period.

TheoK

« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2013, 01:29:47 AM »
On that note:
Ordinary people will do fucked up things when fucked up things become ordinary.

Lets give everybody a gun, promote competition through capitalism and nullify the government and laws.  Volunteerism....what could go wrong?

How could it possibly go more wrong than it is today?

It is incredible that most people don't understand that 99% of the things that are wrong on this planet is because of the state. They think that this is bad but that it would be 1000 times worse without a government. But anarchy works perfectly if the society is just small enough.

Comprising one person, maybe.

Last I checked, the population was more than one.

Modern Times

I have posted this before. Why do you keep denying it? When Brentwood was Modern Times, they had no cops, no courts and no crimes. Everyone signed a social contract, a real one on paper, not a false imaginary one. Everyone followed the rules voluntarily.

Initially, no system of authority existed in the colony; there were no courts, jails or police. This appears to have given some credence to Warren's theories that the most significant cause of violence in society was most attributable to policies and law which did not allow complete individuality in person and property. However, the modest population of the colony might be considered a factor in this characteristic.

We have been through this before, Lit. It doesn't work.

It does, if the society is small enough. Every nation state should be split up to about parish level. With a population of just a few hundred or at most a few thousand people it would work.

TheoK

« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2013, 01:33:17 AM »
Do you think we should all be allowed military helicopters, missiles and grenades too? Because, let's face it, with nothing but your rifle, you#re gonna do FUCK ALL to the government.

They won't allow me to have Tomahawk missiles or nukes. :(

Because they are crooks and know it. They fear citizens who can give them what they deserve :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:36:43 AM by Lit »

TheoK

« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2013, 01:35:45 AM »
Do you think we should all be allowed military helicopters, missiles and grenades too? Because, let's face it, with nothing but your rifle, you#re gonna do FUCK ALL to the government.

Of course. Why should the military have monopoly on those weapons?

Because then the current gun-related statistics would be dwarfed by some really big numbers involving "Tomahawk-related accidents in the home", "school bombings involving nukes" and the like.

I think it happens that the responsible US military bombs schools, not in the US but in Afghanistan etc. And you know what happens in Syria right now.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2013, 01:49:20 AM »
Let say you take down the government,  don't you think you would be paving a way for mafia style operations?  There is always gonna be people who take charge.  It is human nature.

Who's bitch do you wanna be?
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2013, 01:56:25 AM »
Let say you take down the government,  don't you think you would be paving a way for mafia style operations?  There is always gonna be people who take charge.  It is human nature.

Who's bitch do you wanna be?

This is the way of thinking that makes the state triumph. If everyone is armed, they can of course defend themselves against the mafia. In the state you can not defend yourself against the mafia because of the state monopoly on violence! Private citizens can't eradicate the mafia in a state.

You should read Spooner: Natural Law

"A TREATISE ON NATURAL LAW, NATURAL JUSTICE,
NATURAL RIGHTS, NATURAL LIBERTY, AND
NATURAL SOCIETY; SHOWING THAT
ALL LEGISLATION WHATSOEVER IS AN ABSURDITY,
A USURPATION, AND A CRIME."

:viking:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2013, 02:09:35 AM »
I think people would gang up.  The bigger ones would rule.  It doesn't sound 'fun' to me.

If people weren't such natural arseholes it might work.  People are poo. 
blah blah blah

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #263 on: September 18, 2013, 06:11:22 AM »
I think people would gang up.  The bigger ones would rule.  It doesn't sound 'fun' to me.

even the police have learned not to cut off the head of a street gang.  In the past they would go after the big fish.  Jail the leader.
As it is such a violent business, usually the most brutal and violent becomes the new leader.  And that reflects in all the gangs operations...
Now, they just like to keep the head guy in check.  Comfort usually takes over and attrition.

Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2013, 06:15:39 AM »
Seems? Does it or doesn't it?
it does...

If you write 'seems like' people might do research.

Louisiana just passed a bill that nullifies all gun control legislation.  Now convicted felons can buy guns.

Convicted felons can get a gun whether or not it is legal if they are up to no good. Also, convicted felon is a broad term. What crimes does it cover? Are all convicted felons even guilty of their charges? Does convicted felon mean you are a lesser person, even if you've  proven  yourself rehabilitated?
you just took a crap and named it after me.  Aw, poop.
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2013, 08:12:33 AM »
It doesn't seem to work that way in the US

HAH! GOTCHA. I have some bad news, adam. Countless studies conclude that in areas where it is legal to have concealed carry and such and there aren't any militant anti gun policies result in violent crime almost disappearing. Need I show you? Do we really need to rub this in?

Also quote quoted, and bolded so you can't miss it. Welcome to reality.

Violent crime is "almost disappearing" in areas where people have guns?

Yep. Challenge me on it.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2013, 08:16:43 AM »

Correct. People are poo, and government is comprised of people. By giving more power to a smaller group of these poo people, they have an easier time abusing it. And they will because they are poo.

I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
Oh now what the fuck. I come back, read back a bit, and what do I see? Dodging, attempts to derail, etc. What a bunch of pussies.

Odeon-

Innocent, like a teenager returning home late. Accidents involving guns in the home are quite common.

Are you familiar with the statistics on that, sir? Accidental shootings are far less common than criminals murdering people with guns. Mostly black on black crime, too. Passing laws will stop that, right? :LOL:

Did you need help finding this information? I would be glad to do that.

I won't feed your circle jerk, then. I bet that you'd dismiss every example I'd produce as someone not giving "110%". What's the bloody point?

I do not see the connection with a cop not performing his duties and you debating gun ownership. Please explain.

If you actually read the thread instead of giving in to the knee-jerk, you will note that this thread is yet another example of the usual I2 gun law debate, which gives it a context in which both our replies should be read.

It does indeed. I've noticed people have a habit of skimming my posts. Maybe they don't like what I have to say? And they think they can "boycott" those things? Because of bias and feels?

The thread is not titled "the things I actually need to overthrow the government".

I take great relish in saying I didn't start this little mess, Odeon. Adam did. 

I've said time and again that you need a lot more than guns if you want to realistically overthrow a corrupt government, which is the raison d'etre for the 2d amendment and what you people will frequently refer to when wanting to keep your guns, whatever the cost.

I believe I made three posts detailing why guns are the backbone of an armed revolt. Very detailed posts. Of course much more is required than guns, but without guns? Impossible, and you know it, good sir. Please fully read my posts if you'd like to debate me.

Adam-

What do you want me to say? I simply feel much more comfortable knowing my neighbours haven't all got rifles in their houses.

You said enough there.

I simply feel much more comfortable

I simply feel

Yeah. You can take your feels, and shove them right up your nosey ass, Adam. What your neighbors have in their houses? None of your fucking business.

Ok so what else is this about then? I assmued we were just discussing guns.

And I used part of your overall character as weight in my argument. You are not only against gun ownership. You are against a lot of things, and much like the church of old you and your crowd think you have the right to tell other people how they should think and conduct themselves. And that it should be MADE LAW FOR ALL! Tch! Fuck you and your new religion. You might call yourself secular, but I call you a fanatic.

:facepalm:  I said a kitchen knife is not primarily used as a weapon today. What it was used for by "cavemen" is irrelevant. A gun is still a weapon. A kitchen knife (today) is mainly used to cut food. A gun is a weapon, end of.

A kitchen knife is the only kind of knife, eh? That's ALL you can think of? I'm not going to ask you do do any research on that, because I know you won't retain any information that doesn't tie in with your zealous view.

What it was used for by "cavemen" is irrelevant.

Why is that? You do know that "cavemen" were basically modern humans right? I think that's pretty relevant, man.

A gun is still a weapon. A kitchen knife (today) is mainly used to cut food. A gun is a weapon, end of.

Ok man I don't like having to point this out, but i'm thinking maybe I can shake you awake, here. Look at the above post. You stated your intent twice and sandwiched a divisive sentence fragment(also a thought fragment), in between. A kitchen knife is not the only type of knife used by human beings, and yes I mean today. Open your mind.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:07:25 AM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2013, 08:54:32 AM »
Adam doesn't have the right spirit! :arrr:

I'm starting to think he actually doesn't understand these concepts, Lit. I've seen that the guy is pretty into activism, and seems to really care about humanity. Seems like the right "spirit" to me. Maybe he -really- doesn't get it.  :dunno:

Or maybe, oh, I dunno, he does but you don't. What makes you so certain that you are right?

Because his points aren't holding up. I am defeating them, as i'm sure even anti-gun folk in here will point out. The honest ones anyway.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »
You are being extremely close-minded, Adam. Its like arguing with a religious zealot. Did you know that knives and pointy shaped things WERE originally designed to kill things? They have since become tools to be used for safety and utility.

Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldowan#The_tools

I'm going to have to ask you to be more clear.
I will never stop...