Educational

Author Topic: Iowa FTW  (Read 17910 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Iowa FTW
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »
Do you think we should all be allowed military helicopters, missiles and grenades too? Because, let's face it, with nothing but your rifle, you#re gonna do FUCK ALL to the government.

Of course. Why should the military have monopoly on those weapons?

LOL

Well I, for one, am glad that that is not the case

Also, you do realise it would only be the RICH who could ever possibly afford such things?

TheoK

« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2013, 02:35:35 PM »
Do you think we should all be allowed military helicopters, missiles and grenades too? Because, let's face it, with nothing but your rifle, you#re gonna do FUCK ALL to the government.

LOL

For the military has never fired on the people...

Also, you do realise it would only be the RICH who could ever possibly afford such things?

No, I don't understand that. Several people together can buy helicopters and missiles. Grenades are not that expensive. In some countries it is quite common for private citizens to own grenades, like some countries in eastern Europe, the Middle East etc.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2013, 02:35:45 PM »

Adam... I did not say that a revolution consists of marching single file to wherever the "ILLUMINATI" has their "SECRET BASE" and point their rifles at the building and shoot bullets at it like an idiot. (I said illuminati and secret base to be funny)

^ That's what you seem to be talking about here. Sorry dude, but that's really retarded.

Its far more complicated, but I will say that without firearms, revolution would be impossible.

OK. Assume that everyone can have whatever weapons you think they should have access to. How would they go about this revolution then?

And yes, I know warfare is not the same in the 21st century. I don't agree with you. That doesn't mean I have some weird idea that war in 2013 is like the American Civil War or something

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2013, 02:36:59 PM »
Adam doesn't have the right spirit! :arrr:

I'm starting to think he actually doesn't understand these concepts, Lit. I've seen that the guy is pretty into activism, and seems to really care about humanity. Seems like the right "spirit" to me. Maybe he -really- doesn't get it.  :dunno:

You're right. I don't "get it"

That's not to say you're correct though. That's just to say I can't get my head round your way of thinking here.

How does more guns = better for humanitY?

TheoK

« Reply #184 on: September 17, 2013, 02:38:46 PM »

I'm starting to think he actually doesn't understand these concepts, Lit. I've seen that the guy is pretty into activism, and seems to really care about humanity. Seems like the right "spirit" to me. Maybe he -really- doesn't get it.  :dunno:

That's not to say you're correct though. That's just to say I can't get my head round your way of thinking here.

If the civilians in Syria had had military guns, do you think that  it would have been as easy to rape and murder them as it is now?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:40:43 PM by Lit »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2013, 02:40:37 PM »

LOL

You can't argue with most Europeans about guns. There are the few of us that understand that gun ownership is a right and a means for protecting freedom.

Then there is the rest, in my country and many more even including many or most of the gun owners, who are so thorougly brainwashed by propaganda that it is impossible for them to understand the concept.

You don't need this weaponry to topple a war machine, Adam. With merely firearms, commonly available materials, a bit of strategy, and a can-do attitude, it is possible to topple a giant. The size and power of the U.S. military is essentially its weakness, because if it were to declare war on it's own citizens(most retarded thing I've ever heard in my entire life, btw), the military/industrial complex would lose WAY too much money trying to fight against guerilla tacticians. This is almost impossible though, because most soldiers with the slightest scrap of humanity left would outright refuse to commit mass murder on their own country.

This may help you understand, Adam:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_and_tactics_of_guerrilla_warfare

The military /industrial complex is interested in expansion and making more and more money. They don't want to destroy their own property. Likely what would happen, is that the citizens would rebel, and the politicians and banking interests would pretend to understand for a while, giving back some civil rights and waiting for people to become complacent again so they could continue to manipulate people and break the law.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »

Driving is a privilege; owning a gun is a right.

Why is that the case?

A gun is a tool in the sense that a screwdriver is a tool. I already said that. Whether it is used for good or evil depends on the user.

The main purpose of a screwdriver is not to be used as a weapon. Of course, it CAN be. But so can anything. a gun is PRIMARILY a weapon though. A gun is designed to kill. Bad comparison.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2013, 02:41:49 PM »

LOL

No, I don't understand that. Several people together can buy helicopters and missiles. Grenades are not that expensive. In some countries it is quite common for private citizens to own grenades, like some countries in eastern Europe, the Middle East etc.

They have in America.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2013, 02:44:08 PM »

Driving is a privilege; owning a gun is a right.

Why is that the case?

A gun is a tool in the sense that a screwdriver is a tool. I already said that. Whether it is used for good or evil depends on the user.

The main purpose of a screwdriver is not to be used as a weapon. Of course, it CAN be. But so can anything. a gun is PRIMARILY a weapon though. A gun is designed to kill. Bad comparison.

You are being extremely close-minded, Adam. Its like arguing with a religious zealot. Did you know that knives and pointy shaped things WERE originally designed to kill things? They have since become tools to be used for safety and utility.

How do less guns = better for humanity?

More guns means more people responsible for their own safety and less responsibility for their governments. This is better for humanity. I don't know how I could be any more specific.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:45:52 PM by RageBeoulve »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

TheoK

« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2013, 02:44:41 PM »
Why is that the case?

It's a natural right to defend yourself. In the US it is also a right by the constitution.

So killing is always wrong? Would it be wrong for Syrian civilians to kill the ones raping, torturing and murdering them?  :facepalm2:

TheoK

« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2013, 02:46:12 PM »

LOL

They have in America.

They have in Europe too. Yet Adam doesn't want that in his comfortable zone.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2013, 02:46:30 PM »

LOL

???

Sorry but what is that in response to?

I said I was glad that my neighbours don't have rocket propelled grenades.

I didn't say the military has never fired on its own people.

Of course most people could afford grenades. In this ridiculous little anarchist society you seem to want, do you really think YOU would be able to buy these weapons though? You, the autistic guy who doesn't have any money except what the (presumably now long-dead) government gave you?

You really think everyone would club together to share their millions-of-pounds-worth of weapons with you?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2013, 02:49:14 PM »
You are being extremely close-minded, Adam. Its like arguing with a religious zealot. Did you know that knives and pointy shaped things WERE originally designed to kill things? They have since become tools to be used for safety and utility.

A better example there would be swords. The kind of knife you'd cut your dinner with isn't primarily a weapon.

And as for being closed-minded and zealous, I would say definitely No more than you are.

More guns means more people responsible for their own safety and less responsibility for their governments. This is better for humanity. I don't know how I could be any more specific.
It doesn't seem to work that way in the US

Also, I don't need a link to a wikipedia article on guerrila warfare. I've read books about it. I understand warfare. I don't see how what you are describing would work in the US/Uk etc.

You currently HAVE access to guns. Why is no one bothering with this great revolution?

And Lit. Syria isn't quite the same. I'm sure you'll say I'm being naive and deluded, but I'm pretty sure the situation in Syria isn't going to play out here any time soon.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:52:28 PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2013, 02:54:20 PM »
Why is that the case?

It's a natural right to defend yourself. In the US it is also a right by the constitution.

So killing is always wrong? Would it be wrong for Syrian civilians to kill the ones raping, torturing and murdering them?  :facepalm2:
Right to defend yourself yes. With a gun? Why not right to defend yourself with any kind of weapon, no matter how destructive/dangerous? Why specifically a gun?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »

They have in Europe too. Yet Adam doesn't want that in his comfortable zone.

Yeah, sure. Because obviously what I'm saying is that everything in Europe is GREAT AND PERFECT... ::)