Educational

Author Topic: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!  (Read 11222 times)

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
Re: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!
« Reply #555 on: August 20, 2013, 01:37:42 AM »
I bet Gareth and Amy will become active I2 members and we can be bestest fwiends foreva!

I'm not saying it can't happen.  But it's hard to regain trust you've lost.  Though in your case, I suspect the problem may differ slightly.    ;)

Huh? There's no problem. They think I'm the best thing since sliced bread.

Yet you impersonate the ex-president of Iran known as Mahamoud the Ayotallah's Puppet.

Your point being?

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #556 on: August 20, 2013, 02:30:57 AM »
I think the aspies who run a forum for aspies are bound to get involved in drama and possibly spazz out, or overreact. 

Or are they expected to 'rise above' it?  Just because they run a forum!   Look at the title of this thread?  I would be hostile if my partner was getting slagged off!

I think Gareth's statement is quite sad.  They see themselves as 'victim's' here.  They indicate they have 'lost' something, too.  Maybe they have.  Maybe they have suffered death threats.  Maybe there are other things going on that they do not wish to disclose.   Maybe it is like Odeon said -  that it is something 'inbetween'. 

:dunno:
blah blah blah

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #557 on: August 20, 2013, 02:48:19 AM »
I think the aspies who run a forum for aspies are bound to get involved in drama and possibly spazz out, or overreact. 

Or are they expected to 'rise above' it?  Just because they run a forum!   Look at the title of this thread?  I would be hostile if my partner was getting slagged off!

I think Gareth's statement is quite sad.  They see themselves as 'victim's' here.  They indicate they have 'lost' something, too.  Maybe they have.  Maybe they have suffered death threats.  Maybe there are other things going on that they do not wish to disclose.   Maybe it is like Odeon said -  that it is something 'inbetween'. 

If you can't handle something you should still take responsibility for that.  He had people around him with the skills and inclination to continue what he had initiated.  He refused to take advantage of those skills and instead decided to be territorial.  He made the choice to end it, not any of us. 

Not just powdered milk...

You're forgetting the important thing!

And what's that?

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

P7PSP

« Reply #558 on: August 20, 2013, 03:02:57 AM »

And what's that?
Condensed milk.  :hyke:

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #559 on: August 20, 2013, 03:09:37 AM »

I do think that the decision of some people to completely pile on against Amy is inappropriate, and a little bit anti-woman.  Sort of an "Adam and Eve" blame the woman for everything that goes wrong kind of thing.  They seemed quite in agreement when I went in the chat.  Women are not to blame for the actions of men. 

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #560 on: August 20, 2013, 03:11:34 AM »
I wish to caution you lot.

I will take the internet away from you in a minute.
:gopher:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #561 on: August 20, 2013, 03:33:52 AM »

Or maybe it is just that you are hurt and lash out, and everybody who dares to take an even slightly opposing view is the enemy and in liaison with Amy and Gareth.

A groundless accusation. Thus far, I have been the only person to post a thread inviting Gareth to have a civil conversation about what went on. It can clearly be seen that I have allowed Gareth to express his views more than anyone else from AFF. I also apologised to him over the stalker/Spectrum Fairness issue, which brings me to my next point...

Yeah.

This is self-important and wrong. Not only is Gareth already a member of I2, he owns his own aspie forum. He has already used it to express himself. You have "allowed" him nothing.

Do I have a stalker? My ex-gf... Yeah I know what it's like to be paranoid as fuck, lock your doors, be careful about what you say, change your passwords, clear your history, make things hidden to public, etc.

I think I finally got her out of my life, but she did mention something about moving 'down the street' so fuck she could be around the corner.

Not the same thing.

Aren't you doing the same thing you're telling sg1008 off for? You're judging his experience with stalking the way you say he judges Gareth and Amy's.

I know little about the stalking either way, and I don't know if it's even relevant to this conversation.

Maybe I am. I'm not better than anyone else. My point was simply that a) stalking is relevant, b) stalking changes you, and c) Gareth and Amy apparently were the victims of a stalker.

I don't know how relevant stalking is to this conversation.

If you can't handle something you should still take responsibility for that.  He had people around him with the skills and inclination to continue what he had initiated.  He refused to take advantage of those skills and instead decided to be territorial.  He made the choice to end it, not any of us. 

And what's that?

Pika could have continued AFF. He would have kept it the way it was. As I read it, Gareth and Amy did not want to give up control of AFF. Perhaps they think that Pika would sell it.

I don't know if that matters now. The community has been damaged, and our next priority should be to repair it, with or without AFF back online.

I do think that the decision of some people to completely pile on against Amy is inappropriate, and a little bit anti-woman.  Sort of an "Adam and Eve" blame the woman for everything that goes wrong kind of thing.  They seemed quite in agreement when I went in the chat.  Women are not to blame for the actions of men.

From what I've read, many blame Amy because of her past actions. Are we going to have another discussion of feminism here?

The anger is directed at both Gareth and Amy.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #562 on: August 20, 2013, 03:40:41 AM »
I know that, generally, that is true.  But there have been a few posts blaming Amy for Gareth's choices, which is nonsense.  He's a big boy, he knows how to tie his shoes. 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #563 on: August 20, 2013, 04:24:41 AM »
Truth is the reason for closing was petty and they know it. Petty and vindictive. They now try to put the repercussions of that choice as the cause of that choice instead of admitting they fucked up and are responsible for their own situation.

Here's an honest question for you (remember, I don't really care either way here):

Is it possible that the truth is somewhere in the middle? That what we have is ten years of perceived or real bitching and at least some serious stalking, AND a case of being human and having enough, and reacting like a human, full of flaws?

Not saying vindictiveness can't be a part of it. Of course it can. But I don't think any of this happened in a vacuum, isolated. To me it sounds as if it all added up and finally it all came down crashing.

I've met very few truly nasty and vindictive people over the years, but a whole lot of them who get things wrong, act spazzy and, above all, prioritise very differently from me.

That includes myself, but I'm not in the position to judge that because most of my past decisions made sense to me at least at some point.

Good question. Here is my honest answer. I think Amy is nuts and I think that the only reason that AFF managed to claw back activity and credibility was do to Nu. That guy after the exodus when about 50 + members were banned or left DUE to Amy having an Amy (and Gareth backing her).
Nu went back threw his pride away and copped a lot of shit to work with and for the forum. He ran it basically himself in the end and then announced his resignation. His presence there had kept Amy out of harm's reach.

With him gone she swagger back in and I figured it would all turn to shit pretty quickly. I was right. Amy had an Amy and Gareth backed Amy.

I think that Gareth is her co-dependant in this respect. Possibly being pushed into adult male role before he was ready by a middle-aged woman that was not his mother or guardian but an apparent equal partner, may have meant that he has missed something in normal emotional development or something. Who really knows?

As for whether it was the straw that broke the camel's back? Absolutely and not at all. I know that Gareth posted in his throw it at me thread of his ambivalence to teh forum and his want to give it to someone else to run. So that is fact. I know that recently he was saying that he is not wanting to find someone to sell it to or give it to and that he was all sad about it. Is THAT true too? So the straw that broke the camel's back is one way to term it, but I would more likely guess it was terribly convenient.

Remember, this is not the first time they have done this forum shut down this. It was all blamed on organised conspiratorial backstabbing trolls last time too. They then own up to nothing. The most I have ever had from Gareth is an admission that it was not their finest hour.

Fact is that if every time this happens, it can't be everyone else's responsibility BUT theirs. 50 people last time, 20 people this time. That logically suggest something a little different.

I do find humour in the outlandish efforts they go to, to back themselves.

So no this does not happen in a vacuum, but I think that in not the way you are thinking of this. I think that a month ago there was really no issue and everyone  was relatively happy with everyone and everything. Not me of course, I am a cantankerous moody bastard but meh.

The catalyst was Amy coming back into the picture. Shit was going to go crazy from that point on.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #564 on: August 20, 2013, 04:39:12 AM »
I still disagree with you, Al.  Co-dependence can certainly happen and it does warp the behavior of someone in that situation, but they are still responsible for their actions.  Gareth took his actions.  Amy took her actions.  Neither one of them called the other out on their bullshit.  It was left up to the community, and in response the two of them joined forces against all of us.  As I said, they're big kids now.  They are 100% responsible for what they do. 

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #565 on: August 20, 2013, 04:46:07 AM »
I am sorry for your loss.  May AFF. Rest in peace.
Misunderstood.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #566 on: August 20, 2013, 05:06:34 AM »
Intensity didn't live up to it's creator's expectations.

???

Am I incorrect?

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #567 on: August 20, 2013, 05:13:10 AM »

Maybe everyone should assume maybe. It still makes no sense.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #568 on: August 20, 2013, 05:19:45 AM »
Truth is the reason for closing was petty and they know it. Petty and vindictive.

Thinking that's how the history books are going to write it. Still, better than 'victim'.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #569 on: August 20, 2013, 05:40:43 AM »
I still disagree with you, Al.  Co-dependence can certainly happen and it does warp the behavior of someone in that situation, but they are still responsible for their actions.  Gareth took his actions.  Amy took her actions.  Neither one of them called the other out on their bullshit.  It was left up to the community, and in response the two of them joined forces against all of us.  As I said, they're big kids now.  They are 100% responsible for what they do.

I agree. I think that he is an adult now and regardless of any issues they have, they unabashedly and unapologetically and unreservedly maintain their victimhood and their righteousness. I do not care why Gareth supports Amy, he does and that makes him culpable. Makes them both cowardly bullies.

I have already exposed a lot of the dishonesty he is choosing to drive his warped version of reality in an attempt to control the narrative.

Jack you are right too, I think.

I just don't like bulllshitters. I will call them close to 100%. The fact it is I would be calling anyone else out with equally dishonest bullshit. It is just a bonus it is these two nut bags
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap