Author Topic: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!  (Read 11217 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!
« Reply #525 on: August 19, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
Do I have a stalker? My ex-gf... Yeah I know what it's like to be paranoid as fuck, lock your doors, be careful about what you say, change your passwords, clear your history, make things hidden to public, etc.

I think I finally got her out of my life, but she did mention something about moving 'down the street' so fuck she could be around the corner.

Not the same thing.

Aren't you doing the same thing you're telling sg1008 off for? You're judging his experience with stalking the way you say he judges Gareth and Amy's.

I know little about the stalking either way, and I don't know if it's even relevant to this conversation.

Maybe I am. I'm not better than anyone else. My point was simply that a) stalking is relevant, b) stalking changes you, and c) Gareth and Amy apparently were the victims of a stalker.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #526 on: August 19, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »
Reading between the lines of Gareth's message I doubt the 'recent' drama is the real cause.  Possibly the straw that broke the camels back.   If they been running it for ten years then I reckon it is a build up of things.

Pretty much how I read it, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #527 on: August 19, 2013, 10:50:28 PM »
Intensity didn't live up to it's creator's expectations.

???

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #528 on: August 19, 2013, 11:01:07 PM »
I felt like I've been stalked.... problem is... this one prick still thinks I'm Gareth the Overlord.
BE THE OVERLORD AND EXACT VENGEANCE!  :viking:

I'm not a fucking welschmen!!!!
Pffft. You will never achieve Overlord status with that attitude.  :thumbdn:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #529 on: August 19, 2013, 11:05:05 PM »
Not easy to achieve overlord status. You have to be :viking:

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #530 on: August 19, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »
Do I have a stalker? My ex-gf... Yeah I know what it's like to be paranoid as fuck, lock your doors, be careful about what you say, change your passwords, clear your history, make things hidden to public, etc.

I think I finally got her out of my life, but she did mention something about moving 'down the street' so fuck she could be around the corner.

Not the same thing.

Aren't you doing the same thing you're telling sg1008 off for? You're judging his experience with stalking the way you say he judges Gareth and Amy's.

I know little about the stalking either way, and I don't know if it's even relevant to this conversation.

Maybe I am. I'm not better than anyone else. My point was simply that a) stalking is relevant, b) stalking changes you, and c) Gareth and Amy apparently were the victims of a stalker.

^well, I have no argument with that. Although I do not see how stalking is relevant, for it was not listed in their reasons for shutting the site down.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #531 on: August 19, 2013, 11:08:13 PM »
The way I look at this is not in terms of me being upset or whatever. I just think that if he is talking shit in public space, he ought to be called on it.

He is misrepresenting, projecting, exaggerating, omitting, glossing over and outright lying.

Telling people to stop attacking he and Amy whilst smearing those same people in such dishonesty and attacks. A hypocritical stance.
Like conspiracy theories and using words like manipulating and backstabbing and such, not only is not overly helpful but untrue.
Putting the cart before the horse constantly.

As far as his forum goes. He sees he does not want to open it because all the hurtful things on there....no ....the forum he chose to close BEFORE such things that he feels attacked by were closed. He and Amy did their fair share of attacking people going onto chat to ask what was going on. Very tough there attacking and banning YET such victims when they can not ban or threaten effectively. Such cowardly bullies. I like such people. I like exposing them for what they are.

It all comes back to a choice. A deliberate choice. Both Gareth and Amy CHOSE to close the forum and thus signed on all in for whatever they got as a result. They do not have to like it. Fair is fair, people did not like them closing. All good.

They want to post snarky messages and not get any blowback too....guess what? World does not work that way.

Truth is the reason for closing was petty and they know it. Petty and vindictive. They now try to put the repercussions of that choice as the cause of that choice instead of admitting they fucked up and are responsible for their own situation.

If they DID open the forum I think that most of their active members would not want anything to do with them and would not trust or respect them. I doubt most would return. They have only themselves to blame and they will not accept that much.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #532 on: August 19, 2013, 11:09:29 PM »
Oh,  and I meant to say that I think people who feel sad should take action as all is not lost.  I think it would be really sad if a place like AFF closed because of inactivity or not enough of the members were friends.

That is not the case here.  Enough of you to rebuild.   :thumbup:

We are and have been taking action :)

"If you want something GRAB IT WITH BOTH HORNS"  is what my old boss used to tell me.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you and the others.   :viking:

It is, and definitely will be successful.

Maybe if Gareth gets over his paranoia he'll rejoin the community.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #533 on: August 19, 2013, 11:13:12 PM »

Not the same thing.

^well, I have no argument with that. Although I do not see how stalking is relevant, for it was not listed in their reasons for shutting the site down.

I suspect it added to the decision. I think Bodie had a point--this is something that has been building up for a long time.

Reading Gareths posts and notes, I think it is likely that they did indeed have a stalker.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #534 on: August 19, 2013, 11:15:24 PM »
I felt like I've been stalked.... problem is... this one prick still thinks I'm Gareth the Overlord.

Do you try to sound spazzy intentionally?

Its a form of venting! You tried it didn't you!?! It's calming to the effect that I am at peace.... Yet lets be real here... Spazzing out is just another way of stimming.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #535 on: August 19, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »
The world needs nutcases like myself... if it was all the same, being normal and all.... it would be boring.

P7PSP

« Reply #536 on: August 19, 2013, 11:20:42 PM »

Its a form of venting! You tried it didn't you!?! It's calming to the effect that I am at peace.... Yet lets be real here... Spazzing out is just another way of stimming.
Did it ever occur to you that yelling might hurt my feelings?  :GA:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #537 on: August 19, 2013, 11:21:23 PM »
Truth is the reason for closing was petty and they know it. Petty and vindictive. They now try to put the repercussions of that choice as the cause of that choice instead of admitting they fucked up and are responsible for their own situation.

Here's an honest question for you (remember, I don't really care either way here):

Is it possible that the truth is somewhere in the middle? That what we have is ten years of perceived or real bitching and at least some serious stalking, AND a case of being human and having enough, and reacting like a human, full of flaws?

Not saying vindictiveness can't be a part of it. Of course it can. But I don't think any of this happened in a vacuum, isolated. To me it sounds as if it all added up and finally it all came down crashing.

I've met very few truly nasty and vindictive people over the years, but a whole lot of them who get things wrong, act spazzy and, above all, prioritise very differently from me.

That includes myself, but I'm not in the position to judge that because most of my past decisions made sense to me at least at some point.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #538 on: August 19, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »

Did it ever occur to you that yelling might hurt my feelings?  :GA:

:hug:

:P

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #539 on: August 19, 2013, 11:22:51 PM »
I've had worse... yelling is the worst of my problems... having my grandmother come for a visit on Labor Day weekend is another.