Educational

Author Topic: I have definitely softened.  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
I have definitely softened.
« on: August 10, 2013, 05:33:18 PM »
It's true. The "troll" persona of shleed is pretty much gone by now. I have tried now and again, but I honestly do not have the heart for it anymore. It was diminishing for a while now, but I can now say I don't enjoy it in any form, while before I got intense pleasure from it. In fact, I tend to feel more bad for doing it nowadays, especially if the target is sensitive.

I first thought it was because of my relationship. It didn't stop me before so I highly doubt it was an actual factor. I'm more starting to think it's due to growing up and becoming more and more friendly towards people IRL and online. I've fucked over too many people in the past, some even were close friends, and I'd rather move on from that.

I'm still blunt, mostly unemotional and sometimes confrontational, but that's more due to my own personality than anything else. I also still love taking the piss too, but that's a major difference to what I was doing before. I won't be doing another lollylongs on WP, for example.  :laugh:

So now I ask you, have you felt you've softed/grown up over the years?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 05:35:56 PM by schleed »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: I have definitely softened.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 05:55:25 PM »
And what happened then...?
 Well...in I2-ville they say
 That Schleed's small heart
 Grew three sizes that day!
 And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
 He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
 And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast!
 And he...

...HE HIMSELF...!
 Schleed carved the roast beast!
:gopher:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 05:56:08 PM »
Not sure I've softened, but I've definitely grown up a lot, over the last five years, the last two years, even the last year. I think it's a good thing and I'm glad I feel like I'm developing as a person.

I can't be arsed trolling etc anymore either. I was never an infamous troll like you were exactly, but I did my fair share of it on wp for example. I don't think it's due to softening as I don't think my trolling was really harsh and was mostly directed towards assholes anyway. But I'd say it's probably got a lot to do with growing up.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 06:19:20 PM »
We all get older, and we move on.

Ive never been a troll, but I suppose I did some minor trolling a couple of years ago. Im quite happy that I done it, and got a laugh out of it. Now that Ive done it though, I dont really feel the need to continue doing it.

I was quite bored a couple of years ago. There wasnt really too much going on in my life. A lot has changed for the better for me in the last couple of years, and it would feel a bit pathetic being cruel to people who may have serious issues, or bad lives.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 07:54:32 PM »
I've always been a soft bitch.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 08:09:52 PM »
It's taken my about 61 years to start realizing there were things in my life that were fucked up and that I should do something about.  Part of this is because of I2.  I've been exposed to a lot of different personalities and different points of view here.  Really has made me do some thinking. 

I definitely have a better relationship with the people who count (and with those that don't - e.g. ahole drivers).  I had a major breakthrough about 4 or so weeks ago and another one today.  I'm not perfect and I will never be.  Just a bit of a better person. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 08:25:41 PM »
Have to be a lot of different things, to a lot of different people, some of those soft, some not so much. Circumstances change. Though, no, who I am as a person hasn't changed.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 10:42:24 PM »
I don't know. I hope not. :laugh:

Ive never been a troll, but I suppose I did some minor trolling a couple of years ago. Im quite happy that I done it, and got a laugh out of it. Now that Ive done it though, I dont really feel the need to continue doing it.

I was quite bored a couple of years ago. There wasnt really too much going on in my life. A lot has changed for the better for me in the last couple of years, and it would feel a bit pathetic being cruel to people who may have serious issues, or bad lives.

[suspicious]I don't think that Iamnotaparakeet or Leejosepho would agree.[/suspicious] :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 05:12:00 AM »
I am not softer,  but i do think things through a bit more.  Consequences of my actions and how they affect others.  Not softer though,  a bit tougher if anything.
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 08:04:36 AM »

[suspicious]I don't think that Iamnotaparakeet or Leejosepho would agree.[/suspicious] :P

I think this is the new improved reality version of Butterflies and her place in I2 history. What would want her to reinvent history and appear more introspective and modest...and perhaps human, I could not guess at.

Ive never been a troll.

OK. Sure. The trying to get naked pictures off the Wood's kid and the facebook sites and whatever for the Parakeet guy, we will pretend never occurred because it works better for Butterflies, right? Better version of history if that never, ever happened and if it did Butterflies was not there?

What about callouts? you did them and won every one of them you went on until you came to the decision that they were not for you because of a moment of true introspection based on a moral crisis?

Personally, I see them as no more than an ego trip for certain people.

I even have to admit. I fell into that trap myself. I actually thought I was good at them, because I kept winning :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

I eventually got into one, and I was so cringemakingly awful and petty that I should have been roundly condemned :-[
A few folk rightly stood up against me, but enough backed me, that I didn't "lose." It was obvious to me then. I "won" because I was more popular than that person.

There is no honour in that.

I have spoken privately to a lot of people here, and Les appears to be anything but popular. Yet, he wins all the callouts.....In the past, I feel that a small group of people (I wont mention names) have controlled the peanut gallery. Popularity amongst that group of 3-5 people is far more important than overall popularity, when it comes to "winning."
....., mostly too disinterested to even do the necessary research, deciding the "winner."
......If one of my friends was arguing, I would vote for my friend.
Having an anonymous vote would certainly be fairer than having a few people control the peanut gallery. However, all it would achieve is to turn callouts into a true popularity contest, as opposed to a certain group of a few people deciding the "winner."
the people who can shout loudest, will likely shout against me.

This is one of Butterflies real strengths right here. I love the way she vaguely refers to things. She makes sure that she is painted as a reasonable, modest, victim and that there is an I2 Illuminatii (paraphrased)  that she can not name, that is responsible for various evils of I2. In fact I think it was this same crowd that she tried to convince everyone about a year ago that was rapidly killing off I2. The unmentionable unnamed.

But if you read what she has said here, you will find that though she rallies against the "people supporting their friend in a popularity contest" that she would in the same instance, support hers? WTF?

She says that I was winning callouts on basis of popularity of a small collection of people, people that would shout her down, BUT then the next breath says that she was unbeatable at callouts because of her popularity.

She states that people base their support of a position based on a callout without proper research, without clarifying what 'proper research" is (perhaps for example asserting absolutely that my last callout was about whether Iraq was a sexist society when it wasn't? That kind of non-research?) and without anything to suggest that they weren't or even that research was needed

She mentions callouts as an ego trip for certain people but fails again to mention which people it is an ego trip for or how she comes to that speculation. But then again if you see her prattling commentary in the peanut gallery in my callout with Adam you will see she basically misread most of pretty much everything I was doing, saying, motivated by or going to do next.

She tries to associate callouts with honour or lack of it? I dunno, its her story.

I think this new Butterflies is like the old one, personally. It is just one that is trying to sell a different image and history.

I think it is that sprinkling of bullshit and misrepresentation and negativity and hoping something will grow from the fertiliser she has spread.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:17:27 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Constant Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 08:14:55 AM »
I think that bridge has been crossed long ago. Let's not cross it again.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 08:25:49 AM »
Yes.  I've learned to smh and move along.
People are still incredibly stupid.  I've learned over the years that the are entitled to be. And I cannot change their minds.
Misunderstood.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 08:51:27 AM »
Meh, I see no difference in butterflies

She is still a devious bitch

Who needs to contribute

more toilet photos of herself.

• Constant Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 10:05:33 AM »
And yet again, you contribute absolutely nothing. ::)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 10:07:18 AM »

I think this is the new improved reality version of Butterflies and her place in I2 history. What would want her to reinvent history and appear more introspective and modest...and perhaps human, I could not guess at.

Ive never been a troll.

OK. Sure. The trying to get naked pictures off the Wood's kid and the facebook sites and whatever for the Parakeet guy, we will pretend never occurred because it works better for Butterflies, right? Better version of history if that never, ever happened and if it did Butterflies was not there?

What about callouts? you did them and won every one of them you went on until you came to the decision that they were not for you because of a moment of true introspection based on a moral crisis?

Personally, I see them as no more than an ego trip for certain people.

I even have to admit. I fell into that trap myself. I actually thought I was good at them, because I kept winning :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

I eventually got into one, and I was so cringemakingly awful and petty that I should have been roundly condemned :-[
A few folk rightly stood up against me, but enough backed me, that I didn't "lose." It was obvious to me then. I "won" because I was more popular than that person.

There is no honour in that.

I have spoken privately to a lot of people here, and Les appears to be anything but popular. Yet, he wins all the callouts.....In the past, I feel that a small group of people (I wont mention names) have controlled the peanut gallery. Popularity amongst that group of 3-5 people is far more important than overall popularity, when it comes to "winning."
....., mostly too disinterested to even do the necessary research, deciding the "winner."
......If one of my friends was arguing, I would vote for my friend.
Having an anonymous vote would certainly be fairer than having a few people control the peanut gallery. However, all it would achieve is to turn callouts into a true popularity contest, as opposed to a certain group of a few people deciding the "winner."
the people who can shout loudest, will likely shout against me.

This is one of Butterflies real strengths right here. I love the way she vaguely refers to things. She makes sure that she is painted as a reasonable, modest, victim and that there is an I2 Illuminatii (paraphrased)  that she can not name, that is responsible for various evils of I2. In fact I think it was this same crowd that she tried to convince everyone about a year ago that was rapidly killing off I2. The unmentionable unnamed.

But if you read what she has said here, you will find that though she rallies against the "people supporting their friend in a popularity contest" that she would in the same instance, support hers? WTF?

She says that I was winning callouts on basis of popularity of a small collection of people, people that would shout her down, BUT then the next breath says that she was unbeatable at callouts because of her popularity.

She states that people base their support of a position based on a callout without proper research, without clarifying what 'proper research" is (perhaps for example asserting absolutely that my last callout was about whether Iraq was a sexist society when it wasn't? That kind of non-research?) and without anything to suggest that they weren't or even that research was needed

She mentions callouts as an ego trip for certain people but fails again to mention which people it is an ego trip for or how she comes to that speculation. But then again if you see her prattling commentary in the peanut gallery in my callout with Adam you will see she basically misread most of pretty much everything I was doing, saying, motivated by or going to do next.

She tries to associate callouts with honour or lack of it? I dunno, its her story.

I think this new Butterflies is like the old one, personally. It is just one that is trying to sell a different image and history.

I think it is that sprinkling of bullshit and misrepresentation and negativity and hoping something will grow from the fertiliser she has spread.

LOLWOW :lol1:

Im glad you spent the time getting that out of your system :laugh: I hope it makes you feel better.