Educational

Author Topic: Ahh. Some of the terrorists attacking the United States have been identified.  (Read 2167 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Funny. Wikipedia seems to have a different take on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_the_United_States#House_of_Representatives_elections

Strangely, nothing is said about the wealthy

Oh my god, man. Its like.. its like you are unable to think, or something.
LOLOLOL OF COURSE NOT YOU FUCKING RETARD! JESUS.

All right, I apologize, O-man. I went too far, saying it like that. I just don't understand how people could not see these things for what they are. Maybe Sweden is just REALLY cool or something, and you have none of these problems.

In that case, you like fishing? You like golf? Want a neighbor?
what part of the world is Odeon from?

:lolwat:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Oh? I thought you were confusing him with Lit or something.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.

Odeon lives on a fishing boat in the South Pacific. :M :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.

Odeon lives on a fishing boat in the South Pacific. :M :P

It's a yacht, so grand and large he can race me about the deck in his Jaguar.
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Funny. Wikipedia seems to have a different take on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_the_United_States#House_of_Representatives_elections

This, my friend, is why your opinions won't ever matter. Protest all you want with all the outrage you can muster, but everyone will always see you as just another kook.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

Strangely, nothing is said about the wealthy. :-\

Since they vote in favour of something that any honest person would admit violates the 4th Amendment, they are committing a serious crime only by voting.

I'm pretty sure the NSA's little project has not yet been ruled to be unconstitutional.

Again, what the NSA is doing is fucked up and wrong, but you don't fight it by going off the deep end with conspiracy theories and name-calling everyone and everything you think is wrong with society in general. It's about credibility and about knowing how the system works. How will you affect opinions if people think you are just another nutter? Keep on doing what you do now and few will be more pleased than the NSA.

Having fun, much?

No, it's like arguing with a brick wall.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
Rage is right and his view is common knowledge in the US. Power attracts the corrupt and the House and Senate are filled with humans. If someone gives their state representative a sizable enough "campaign contribution", they would vote the way their wealthy contributor likes.

Of course, and the same applies all over the world. What he isn't right about is that not everyone who votes against his opinions is corrupt.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

All right, I apologize, O-man. I went too far, saying it like that. I just don't understand how people could not see these things for what they are. Maybe Sweden is just REALLY cool or something, and you have none of these problems.

In that case, you like fishing? You like golf? Want a neighbor?

:laugh:

It's cool, Rage. Not mad at you or anything, we just disagree. It's an internet message board and that's all it is.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

This, my friend, is why your opinions won't ever matter. Protest all you want with all the outrage you can muster, but everyone will always see you as just another kook.

Funny, because although I admit I was too severe there, I do think a bit of outrage was called for. What you said truly was ridiculous, but again.. I am trying to factor in that perhaps you just don't know how things actually are here. Since you're not from here and everything.
I will never stop...

TheoK

I believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy. I also think that the Breivik thing was a conspiracy. I believe that Breivik believes in what he did but that someone "helped" him somehow.

But mostly I'm very skeptical to these things.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy. I also think that the Breivik thing was a conspiracy. I believe that Breivik believes in what he did but that someone "helped" him somehow.

But mostly I'm very skeptical to these things.

I do find it very hard to believe that those planes would not have been shot down before getting so far out of their flight plan.
I will never stop...

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
They didn't know they were hijacked straight away though, did they?

And even then, until they know exactly where they're heading, it would be a pretty dodgy decision to make - to shoot down civilian aircraft. THat's obviously before the first plane hit, ie before they knew they were going to be used to hit a building.

Before 9/11 most hijacked planes wouldn't have been suspected of being used to fly into a skyscraper.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
It's much easier now, in a post-9/11 world, to see shooting it down as a main option.

Plus, once they're over a city/suburbs, would you wanna make the decision to shoot it down?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
It's much easier now, in a post-9/11 world, to see shooting it down as a main option.

Plus, once they're over a city/suburbs, would you wanna make the decision to shoot it down?

Yeah, that's a great point, actually. It would be a tough call.
I will never stop...

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
On the surface, shooting them down seems like the best idea, but that's now we know what happened, and without thinking about it as it would have been at the time.

Until they know for sure that there's no way the hijackers are after anything, there's no way you can negotiate with them etc,then shooting it down is basically killing your own citizens.

And then there's obviously where the plane hits after you've shot it down, and I'm guessing the debris from an airliner traveling at that speed would cover a pretty wide area. Heading towards New York, it would undoubtedly have landed in some suburban area with shchools and houses

Plus it was, what, fifteen minutes (?) after the first plane hit the first tower that the second one hit. So it's only in that time frame that you know for sure what's gonna happen and you have to make that decision. That's not long, and the plane's likely gonna land in a densely populated area. So you're fucked either way then.