Educational

Author Topic: Using Logic to quit worrying  (Read 1541 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Using Logic to quit worrying
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2013, 05:14:01 AM »
[Yes it's all part of Worldwide Mad Deadly Communist Gangster Computer God's grand plan

It's more like Weekly World News being taken quite seriously and as matter-of-factly as possible.  :facepalm2:
It's all because of Batboy!!!!!!
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »
I worry that I am becoming too logical.

:rofl:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2013, 04:27:21 PM »
What I mean, well, take India. Someone once thought kids needed good food, and started a feeding program. Good idea, people working with it. But then there come people seeing the opportunity of profit. And kids get poison, instead of good food. That's not a world wide conspiracy, but, it is bigger than evil on a personal level. And it could very well be bigger than just India.
There will be something good happening, on a bigger than personal level too.
There is a kind of eternal swinging of the pendulum.

Does this make me stop worrying? Not really. Havoc can lead to horrible things. And I seem to notice that people are more and more living from fear and distrust, on edge all the time.
The poisonings were accidental and the result of carelessness, though, weren't they?  Didn't think they were poisoned on purpose for profit.

They weren't poisoned on purpose, I guess, or hope. But, enough kids died of meals that had been tampered with in India that they could have known that poisoning was a likely risk to happen. So, for profit, they did decide not to take the health of the kids serious.

Apparently this last incident, the cook did not want to serve the meal, because it smelled so foul that he thought it would not end well. He had to serve it. Ate from it himself too. Last I read about it, he did not die, but did fall really sick.

The risk of kids dying was there, and was known. It wasn't the goal. But, apparently a possible side-effect that could be ignored.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2013, 04:30:46 PM »
That reminds me about something once read about baby formula in China, Hyke. It's evil.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2013, 04:40:41 PM »
That reminds me about something once read about baby formula in China, Hyke. It's evil.

Yes, it is. But, I don't think it is a world wide conspiracy. Even when perpetrators are from all over the world.

The baby formula stuff in China is creating a run on baby formula here in the Netherlands, being shipped to friends in China. Some of that sending safe formula from other countries will be happening with the best intentions. Some of the channels of sending formula to China will very likely be exploited for huge profit soon, either by letting prices skyrocket, or by falsifying labels again.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2013, 05:53:10 AM »
What I mean, well, take India. Someone once thought kids needed good food, and started a feeding program. Good idea, people working with it. But then there come people seeing the opportunity of profit. And kids get poison, instead of good food. That's not a world wide conspiracy, but, it is bigger than evil on a personal level. And it could very well be bigger than just India.

Does this make me stop worrying? Not really. Havoc can lead to horrible things. And I seem to notice that people are more and more living from fear and distrust, on edge all the time.
The poisonings were accidental and the result of carelessness, though, weren't they?  Didn't think they were poisoned on purpose for profit.

They weren't poisoned on purpose, I guess, or hope. But, enough kids died of meals that had been tampered with in India that they could have known that poisoning was a likely risk to happen. So, for profit, they did decide not to take the health of the kids serious.

Apparently this last incident, the cook did not want to serve the meal, because it smelled so foul that he thought it would not end well. He had to serve it. Ate from it himself too. Last I read about it, he did not die, but did fall really sick.

The risk of kids dying was there, and was known. It wasn't the goal. But, apparently a possible side-effect that could be ignored.
*nod*  Laziness and carelessness are more profitable because they expend fewer resources.  Just wanted to clarify that they weren't actively *trying* to poison the children for profit, though they *were* carelessly endangering them.  Still evil, but worth making the distinction.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2013, 11:36:48 AM »
but worth making the distinction.

Third wave genotype. Pfft. You disgust me. What the fuck has happened, that all the REAL women are now a minority?

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »

*nod*  Laziness and carelessness are more profitable because they expend fewer resources.  Just wanted to clarify that they weren't actively *trying* to poison the children for profit, though they *were* carelessly endangering them.  Still evil, but worth making the distinction.

It's worse than laziness and carelessness though. That last incident, that made it to be world news, the kids were forced to eat, even though it smelled like poison for agricultural use.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »

It's worse than laziness and carelessness though. That last incident, that made it to be world news, the kids were forced to eat, even though it smelled like poison for agricultural use.
Jesus christ.  So it does go past criminal apathy and into actual active cruelty.

I wasn't trying to minimize it, by the way; I am realizing it looked like I was, and I honestly did not mean to.  I just wanted to clarify because when I read it, it originally read like the kids were being purposely poisoned for profit, which honestly just doesn't make much sense.  One way or the other, it's still fucking criminal.

It's fantastic how white collar crimes- which are very often the result laziness, sloppiness and carelessness rather than actual malice- get let go because of the diffuse responsibility, and the lack of intent.  And, of course, the difficulty in prosecution- in turn, the power and status of those who should be prosecuted. 

Example- I highly doubt anyone really wanted that factory in Bangladesh to collapse.  It's still criminal that it was allowed to happen.  If someone went on a shooting spree and killed and injured that many people, we'd execute them as soon as we got a good line of sight. As it is.... as far as I know/from what a brief search tells me, sanctions that have been taken thus far have all been monetary. 

S'fucked.  S'allfucked.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2013, 05:33:24 AM »
Those arguments can be summed up to three points:

1. Determine information worth by checking for consistency and follow sources if it sounds intriguing.
2. Read up on psychology to analyze human thinking and understand it.
3. Learn how to approach others with information you have so they'll listen.

In a way you have to learn how to be your own journalist, psychologist and professional writer/speaker if you really want to seek out useful knowledge and spread it.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2013, 11:27:28 AM »
Those arguments can be summed up to three points:

1. Determine information worth by checking for consistency and follow sources if it sounds intriguing.
2. Read up on psychology to analyze human thinking and understand it.
3. Learn how to approach others with information you have so they'll listen.

In a way you have to learn how to be your own journalist, psychologist and professional writer/speaker if you really want to seek out useful knowledge and spread it.

^This post has my approval.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.