Author Topic: Ahh. Some of the terrorists attacking the United States have been identified.  (Read 2152 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
So in your version of democracy, only the *right* votes are allowed? :-\

In a constitutional democracy like ours, Congress doesn't have the power to override the Constitution without passing an amendment and having it properly ratified. I don't know if that's what Rage was getting at.

Doesn't change a thing. You can't like every opinion but in a democracy you'll just have to live with it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
OMG. I think I agree with Rage on this one :laugh:

Jail everyone voting against you?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

Off with their heads! :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.

In a constitutional democracy like ours, Congress doesn't have the power to override the Constitution without passing an amendment and having it properly ratified. I don't know if that's what Rage was getting at.

Doesn't change a thing. You can't like every opinion but in a democracy you'll just have to live with it.

If someone with standing has a problem with an unconstitutional law, s/he can theoretically take whoever uses the law to court and have it nullified. :dunno: Practically speaking, this aspect of checks and balances doesn't seem to be working so well lately. :(
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
the ones with (R) next to their names are the main cunts

In case anyone doesn't know, R = Republican, D = Democrat.

I know - that's what I was saying :P

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?

If someone with standing has a problem with an unconstitutional law, s/he can theoretically take whoever uses the law to court and have it nullified. :dunno: Practically speaking, this aspect of checks and balances doesn't seem to be working so well lately. :(

Which is a good indicator that most of the current crop of legislators need to go
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
OMG. I think I agree with Rage on this one :laugh:

Jail everyone voting against you?

No. Imprison those who are breaking the law. This nation doesn't belong to a select few influential politicians and corporate types, dude. It belongs to everyone. And when the people we've chosen to represent us not only cease to represent us, but also violate our constitution and attempt to imprison us in our own country...

Everyone is gonna have a bad time. You don't seem to understand either what i'm talking about, or what a democracy is. Or maybe you don't understand what jail is for. People who break the law are called criminals, and they go to jail in order to give them time to think about what they've done, or keep them from breaking the law anymore.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:31:02 AM by RageBeoulve »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

Which is a good indicator that most of the current crop of legislators need to go

I will never stop...

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
The reason why these congressmen and women keep getting elected, is because everyone at the local level LOVE their representative.
But society as a whole hate congress. I met my rep, and I thought she was quite fat. Her name is Liz Archuleta

reminded me of duckfetishgirl.

:laugh:

But in all seriousness. I think that the reason why no change ever happens, is because its a well oiled machine in Washington. both democrats and republicans alike, fall into place because of steeped tradition. fall out of line and you will be delt with, which usually means not being re-elected. people usually only vote out a congressman, if something really bad happens. Like that Anthony Weiner guy who posted pictures of his Weiner. Haha, anyways you may vote out the current congress but they will be replaced with more of the same. Nothing will ever change
:skywarp:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
The reason why these congressmen and women keep getting elected, is because everyone at the local level LOVE their representative.
But society as a whole hate congress. I met my rep, and I thought she was quite fat. Her name is Liz Archuleta

But in all seriousness. I think that the reason why no change ever happens, is because its a well oiled machine in Washington. both democrats and republicans alike, fall into place because of steeped tradition. fall out of line and you will be delt with, which usually means not being re-elected. people usually only vote out a congressman, if something really bad happens. Like that Anthony Weiner guy who posted pictures of his Weiner. Haha, anyways you may vote out the current congress but they will be replaced with more of the same. Nothing will ever change

WRONG. If people actually cared enough and became involved, they would be aware of who they were electing to represent them, and things WOULD change.

And I honestly don't see the big deal about the guy tweeting some boner pics. That's his own business.
I will never stop...

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Things will never change. sure they say all kinds of shit to get elected. Once they arrive in DC they fall into line however
Something drastic would have to change in our countrys landscape for these congressmen to actually live up (as a whole) to anything they promise while they are trying to get elected
:skywarp:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!

Aww how sweet! You see me everywhere now. You must be smitten. :P
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:29:10 PM by duckfetishgirl »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Things will never change. sure they say all kinds of shit to get elected. Once they arrive in DC they fall into line however
Something drastic would have to change in our countrys landscape for these congressmen to actually live up (as a whole) to anything they promise while they are trying to get elected

That's why we need to shrink the size of federal government and be more involved in how it is run, Richard. Of course you have no control over something if you aren't paying attention to it.

"Oh its election time!" *watches the presidential debate* "Ummmm that one. That one is handsome" *votes*

Its like saying, "UGH I will never get out of this chair!". Yes, that statement may be true for you if you don't actually plan on getting out of the chair. But if you make an effort, you can get to a standing position.

This is not rocket science. Yes, things will change, if the American people decide to change them. Don't be such a baby, Richard.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:27:39 PM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
You can add New Jersey Governor and potential presidential candidate  Chris Christie to the list he says that criticizing the NSA's domestic spying operation is dangerous and can inhibit the federal government’s ability to stop terrorism.  What a dick and to think I was starting to think he wasn't that bad for a Republican 
Link
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

Is there any Amendment these bastards don't infringe upon?