Author Topic: would you give me your heart?  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: would you give me your heart?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 05:03:04 PM »
In Wales they recently changed (or are planning to change) to an opt-out system

Which is how it should be imo

Well, actually, I would say a system where no one can opt in OR out is better. Dead people don't have rights

I cant think of anything more fucking selfish than denying others the right to life when you're dead yourselvf and have noneed for them

imo if you opt out of organ donation, you should be automatically sent to the back of the waiting list if YOU ever need an organ

Ive been on the organ donor register since I was 15 and also carry a card. I don't give blood though for health reasons

???

The dead have some rights in America.

Ive never got round to getting a donor card, which is pretty stupid when I often drive around on a scooter :laugh:
I have made it clear to my family though, that if I am killed, they should let the doctors use whatever bits of me that they can.

:eyelash:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 06:23:20 PM »
In Wales they recently changed (or are planning to change) to an opt-out system

Which is how it should be imo

Well, actually, I would say a system where no one can opt in OR out is better. Dead people don't have rights

I cant think of anything more fucking selfish than denying others the right to life when you're dead yourselvf and have noneed for them

imo if you opt out of organ donation, you should be automatically sent to the back of the waiting list if YOU ever need an organ

Ive been on the organ donor register since I was 15 and also carry a card. I don't give blood though for health reasons

???

The dead have some rights in America.

Ive never got round to getting a donor card, which is pretty stupid when I often drive around on a scooter :laugh:
I have made it clear to my family though, that if I am killed, they should let the doctors use whatever bits of me that they can.

:eyelash:

The dead have the right to not get fucked my a necrophiliac. :P
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »
Not sure why anyone would opt out. So, yes makes sense as a given.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 12:36:55 AM »
I hear about coma patients waking up after having had doctors declare them to be in a vegetative state.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 04:37:19 AM »
Waking during their organ harvest?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 05:30:12 AM »
i don't care. I don't care if I am cremated, buried, transplants, or stuffed and placed in a museum. I will be dead.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 06:27:22 AM »
Re Butterflies: Okay, yes.. middle ground is best. One's got to consider also that you live in quite busy 'roaded' Budapest.. might be unhandy to have a brutal (big and heavy) bike there, then.

First 'sniffing up' of the culture there (Buda a/o Pest/los surroundings) could be of help here too, I reckon.

Sounds quite quite cool though, going there. Youz lucky to have such an entourage going with you too. Are you trying to learn Budapestian :laugh: (Hungarian) already?

~

Oh, and..

I don't really know where I stand with 'the donor thing'. Yes, when I'm dead.. I am dead (no worries :autism:) butz..

I hate the thought of doctors/surgeons/students/plumbers cutting my death body open and getting organs and shit out. No.

Plus, I never really was that great a caretaker of my body. Yes, compensation 'measurements' I take by trying to eat healthy, drink enough water, blahblahblah but ja, for instance, I also smoke 'me' fags and drink quite a bit at times too.

So, no.. I don't give blood and I do not have a donor card (or something like that).

(Haha, just like to go to heaven in one piece :laugh: )
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 07:12:04 AM »

Sounds quite quite cool though, going there. Youz lucky to have such an entourage going with you too. Are you trying to learn Budapestian :laugh: (Hungarian) already?

I am very lucky to have so many people going with me. I know I couldnt handle doing it alone. Making friends in a foreign country would be very hard, but most of my closest friends are coming, so it will be just like transporting my whole social life to another country. I wont even bother having to make new friends :laugh:

I havent started learning the language yet. Its kinda funny. Im not superstitious in the slightest, but Im scared to start learning the language now, incase I jinx things :laugh:
One of my friends is making a big effort to learn it though. He's Latvian, and can speak a lot of languages. He moved here to be a translator, but it didnt work out, and he's ended up working as a builder. He's gonna be our unofficial translator :laugh:

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 08:11:30 AM »
Okay, Iz going to help you then. :autism:
Jó napot,

Well, silliness aside.. it's handy to know that the Hungarian letters always sound what they represent. Them being phonetic makes it easier for someone to learn el language. No kid ya.

One aspect that makes e.g. French a tougher language to learn. Silent lettering WTF.

Oh, don't start about jinxing stuff up, language-wise. Here in Dutchland kids get to learn the basics of four language. Dutch (duh), English a little later and then French and German pop up a tadski later. Dutch and English.. fine, but as soon as the German and French lessons started this autieboy started to screw things up.

Now, I'm glad 'they' taught me but back then.. Well, still when I try to speak French a/o German my brain often goes: maybe this English word is helpful, not? :laugh:

Oh, I'd bet you'll do fine. Repetition is key here, I think. Maybe start with a small list of basic Hungarian words and read them like daily or so. Plus, aqui los dias internetos.. and it's huge, I tell ya. løl Um, one could find lots and lots of language stuff there too (thus).

Viszlát :laugh:

~

Sørry for derailing your perfectly okay thread a tadski, Bodie.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2013, 08:40:14 AM »
I hear about coma patients waking up after having had doctors declare them to be in a vegetative state.

I hear about

*Intense assburger* Don't you dare make any claims that can't be backed up with a library of information, my own grandmother standing there bearing witness with a signed notarized statement, and HAVING SEEIN IT WITH MY  OWN TWO EYES..... YOU TINFOIL HAT MAN, YOU *Intense assburger*

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2013, 09:42:30 AM »
I do worry about them jumping the gun a bit but if I am really dead I would not mind.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2013, 01:17:18 PM »
I am not bothered what they do with me when I am dead.

I have never understood why people make such a hoo ha about it.   We live in a world where living, breathing human beings get tortured, abused or starved.  Worry about that before worrying about what happens to dead people.

Not 100% sure but I think even if you carry a donor card the wishes of your family come first.

Quote from: The Guardian
Proposals for NHS staff to prevent families overriding the wishes of people who have died while on the organ donor register are being considered by ministers amid moves to boost the number of organ transplants in the UK.

A strategy for bringing about a shift in people's behaviour "comparable to the changes achieved in preventing drink-driving or stopping smoking" is included in a draft document outlining ways of making big increases in organ donations and transplants. The NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) believes a more firm but polite stance with bereaved families would ensure donors' wishes were more often respected – at present they are overridden in 45% of cases.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/apr/11/organ-donation-drive-prevent-overriding

It's kinda shocking. Technically, my mum's probably my next of kin, and to think that someone I dislike would have the ability to override my wishes seems sick.

Not that I think my mum would do that.

Yes I agree it is crazy.  A person could have a well thought out intention to donate and it then made not possible by a rash snap decision of their grieving family.

I guess the only way around it would be to appoint a solicitor to take charge.  It is only concrete though if they are informed of the death in time.
blah blah blah

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 01:32:19 PM »
I am not bothered what they do with me when I am dead.

I have never understood why people make such a hoo ha about it.   We live in a world where living, breathing human beings get tortured, abused or starved.  Worry about that before worrying about what happens to dead people.

Not 100% sure but I think even if you carry a donor card the wishes of your family come first.

Quote from: The Guardian
Proposals for NHS staff to prevent families overriding the wishes of people who have died while on the organ donor register are being considered by ministers amid moves to boost the number of organ transplants in the UK.

A strategy for bringing about a shift in people's behaviour "comparable to the changes achieved in preventing drink-driving or stopping smoking" is included in a draft document outlining ways of making big increases in organ donations and transplants. The NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) believes a more firm but polite stance with bereaved families would ensure donors' wishes were more often respected – at present they are overridden in 45% of cases.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/apr/11/organ-donation-drive-prevent-overriding

It's kinda shocking. Technically, my mum's probably my next of kin, and to think that someone I dislike would have the ability to override my wishes seems sick.

Not that I think my mum would do that.

Yes I agree it is crazy.  A person could have a well thought out intention to donate and it then made not possible by a rash snap decision of their grieving family.

I guess the only way around it would be to appoint a solicitor to take charge.  It is only concrete though if they are informed of the death in time.

Would there be enough time for a lawyer to get involved?

Would it work in the opposite direction? Could a family donate a dead person's organs, even though the decedent wasn't on the list?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »
Sørry for derailing your perfectly okay thread a tadski, Bodie.

Lol,  I had a dream the other night and in this dream i used the term 'tadski' which I have never used before.  When I woke up I thought immediately 'Lutra'

So, I guess if you are going to grace my dreams you are very welcome to grace any of my threads on topic or not!  ;)
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2013, 01:42:20 PM »
Those Dutch are strange people  :nerdy: :hyke: