Author Topic: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2013, 06:04:51 PM »
It seems if your party is the one doing the snooping it's not all that bad :grrr:

According to a new survey from the Pew Research Center, a majority of Americans are O.K. with the National Security Agency’s surveillance program—i.e. secret tracking of phone records. Fifty-six percent think it’s “acceptable” while 41 percent think it’s “not acceptable.” That’s a slight change from seven years ago, when 51 percent said it was acceptable and 47 percent said it was not.

Those general numbers mask a large partisan shift. In 2006, when George W. Bush was president, just 37 percent of Democrats said the N.S.A. surveillance program was acceptable, while 61 percent said it was not. Now those numbers are 64 percent and 34 percent respectively.

Republicans appear to be fair-weather fans as well. In 2006, 75 percent said the program was acceptable, and 23 percent said it was not. Now 52 percent find it acceptable, and 47 percent unacceptable.

Link
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2013, 11:01:44 PM »
It seems if your party is the one doing the snooping it's not all that bad :grrr:

According to a new survey from the Pew Research Center, a majority of Americans are O.K. with the National Security Agency’s surveillance program—i.e. secret tracking of phone records. Fifty-six percent think it’s “acceptable” while 41 percent think it’s “not acceptable.” That’s a slight change from seven years ago, when 51 percent said it was acceptable and 47 percent said it was not.

Those general numbers mask a large partisan shift. In 2006, when George W. Bush was president, just 37 percent of Democrats said the N.S.A. surveillance program was acceptable, while 61 percent said it was not. Now those numbers are 64 percent and 34 percent respectively.

Republicans appear to be fair-weather fans as well. In 2006, 75 percent said the program was acceptable, and 23 percent said it was not. Now 52 percent find it acceptable, and 47 percent unacceptable.

Link

Do they expect anyone to believe that shit?
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »

Link

:o

People are sheep.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2013, 02:09:16 AM »
George Orwell rotates in his grave  :thumbdn:

Though I don't believe that a majority thinks it's OK. It's a lie.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:18:38 AM by Lit »

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2013, 04:57:38 AM »

Link

:o

People are sheep.
Why even bother to poll us?  Surely they can infer how we feel about it based on our other activity.  :orly:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2013, 05:16:52 AM »
George Orwell rotates in his grave  :thumbdn:

Though I don't believe that a majority thinks it's OK. It's a lie.

The majority angle is likely propaganda to prey on peer pressure psychology so people come to accept it because "society" does. It also serves a secondary effect to gander a feeling of hopelessness for those who want to speak out against it.

Media: "Most people don't mind being spied on"
Apathetic person: "lol okay, I won't worry about it"
Concerned person: "What's the fucking point? It's hopeless"
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

TheoK

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2013, 05:36:02 AM »
Yup. Like I've said many times before: most Americans don't understand why they have the 2nd Amendment. The scumbags rape the 4th Amendment - unpunished.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »
Yup. Like I've said many times before: most Americans don't understand why they have the 2nd Amendment. The scumbags rape the 4th Amendment - unpunished.

There are certain elements that stand against this shit, and they are "enemies of the state" and "cyberterrorists".
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2013, 04:58:04 AM »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2013, 05:12:19 AM »
What can you say? Obama pulled a bait and switch tactic.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
He wasn't the first and won't be the last.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2013, 05:07:46 AM »
He is nevertheless a hypocrite.

Once upon a time American presidents were actually on the side of the people, like Ike:

:viking:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2013, 07:38:17 AM »
Maybe it is that politicians are getting caught more.  Thanks to digital everything and the information that is readily available politicians are having a hard time not flip flopping.

I bet, back in the day, when they were making stump speeches from city to city they would tell each city what they most wanted to hear even if it conflicted with what they just said two cities ago.

Politicians are like that.

Odeon once said:
He wasn't the first and won't be the last
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2013, 10:45:21 AM »
I bet Eisenhower had plenty of skeletons in his closet.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »
Well, yes, probably  :-\