Author Topic: "Unfit fot work- The startling rise of disability in America"  (Read 4242 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: "Unfit fot work- The startling rise of disability in America"
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2013, 10:07:18 PM »
''Ünfit for work"reminds me of the incompetent old fart who said I couldn't get a job because I have aspergers and he had a family member with aspergers unable to work so I must be just like his family member. I hate the man. Louie Torres. Incompetent sack of shit who lost paperwork I signed and handed to him in person and  claimed I never mailed it to him. I could do his job better. He works for an agency that helps disabled people find jobs. God I hate him.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2013, 05:59:59 AM »
Its fucking insane, and I am certain everyone capable of rational human thought knows it.

Indeed it is insane and I agree with this post and much of your previous post. The problem is though that the majority of human beings are no different to beasts of the field who simply act on the impulse to satisfy their own base desires at the expense of all others. In some human beasts this translates to wiping your arse with silk while children starve, as you put it. Most people have limited awareness outside their own restricted circle of consciousness and this accounts also for the apathy of the masses, their minds dulled by the opiates of the day, be it the religion cited by Marx or the modern religions of fast food, celebrity culture and bad television. Most are also driven by the desire to conform and will not stick their heads above the parapet to protest the status quo for fear of being targeted as different. These same dullards will also follow rules and laws merely because they are posited by figures of authority, these are the same enablers who allowed the Holocaust to occur through their inaction and blind obedience. The rich are predators who devour and destroy those below them, they fill their bellies with no thought for their prey. The masses are barely sentient sheep lacking the intellectual capacity and will to drive change.

Call me cynical!  :laugh:

So, the masses should rule, but not the irrational or easily-influences masses.  So, the masses should not rule.  The intellectual elite should rule.  And the definition of "intellectual elite" should be left up to people like Rage.

Yes,  we're coming up with workable solutions, here.  Hell, we're also coming up with rational, logical, internally-consistent theories upon which to base our solutions.

They aren't allowed.  We condone it by our apathy, division, ignorance: we are motivated by fear that it could be worse.

The elite class is held to account by the masses when the elite ceases being responsible.  I agree with you, rage, that they have been unchecked for far too long.
Without resorting to murder, how do we proceed?
Perhaps it's also relevant here to ask, how do we proceed without being incarcerated and/or murdered, ourselves?  Or, even, how do we proceed without being murdered?

The fear that it could be worse is a deterrent, and it's not exactly unrealistic.  We do jail people without trial (and we did long before that bill got passed a couple years ago).  We do hold people criminally accountable for thought crimes.  God only know what else is happening that we're unaware of because it gets censored or filtered out.

If things ever reach a tipping point where some kind of social uprising actually does occur on a broad scale, how much worse will the political climate be for them, at that time?  Worse before it gets better, if that's how you assume it will go.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2013, 06:07:52 AM »
I hear you. It's like when they go after the head of a street gang a vacuum fills the void and generally an even more brutal leader emerges because it is a brutal enterprise.
People are like that.  And those that lust for power tend to be psychopaths.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2013, 06:55:42 AM »
I think one of the first steps is to advocate for a better transition program and incentives for people getting off disability.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2013, 07:07:29 AM »
I think one of the first steps is to advocate for a better transition program and incentives for people getting off disability.
you just did.

With unemployment around 8% and real wages stagnant over the last thirty years, why should we?
Welfare to work and outsourcing if jobs has been a nightmare for the American worker.  All you are doing is increasing the competition (more available workers) into a limited resource (decent paying labor intensive jobs).  All this will do is further enslave the American worker and strangle out the middle class.

The first step, IMHO, is to have a real discussion, which produces real solutions about how wealth is distributed.  Otherwise, income inequality is going to strangle the middle class and America is going to turn into any other haves and have not countries.
America will always be wealthy.  But if we continue to squeeze out its middle class (redistribute up) then America loses its exceptionalism.
Misunderstood.

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »
Its fucking insane, and I am certain everyone capable of rational human thought knows it.

Indeed it is insane and I agree with this post and much of your previous post. The problem is though that the majority of human beings are no different to beasts of the field who simply act on the impulse to satisfy their own base desires at the expense of all others. In some human beasts this translates to wiping your arse with silk while children starve, as you put it. Most people have limited awareness outside their own restricted circle of consciousness and this accounts also for the apathy of the masses, their minds dulled by the opiates of the day, be it the religion cited by Marx or the modern religions of fast food, celebrity culture and bad television. Most are also driven by the desire to conform and will not stick their heads above the parapet to protest the status quo for fear of being targeted as different. These same dullards will also follow rules and laws merely because they are posited by figures of authority, these are the same enablers who allowed the Holocaust to occur through their inaction and blind obedience. The rich are predators who devour and destroy those below them, they fill their bellies with no thought for their prey. The masses are barely sentient sheep lacking the intellectual capacity and will to drive change.

So, the masses should rule, but not the irrational or easily-influences masses.  So, the masses should not rule.  The intellectual elite should rule.  And the definition of "intellectual elite" should be left up to people like Rage.

Yes,  we're coming up with workable solutions, here.  Hell, we're also coming up with rational, logical, internally-consistent theories upon which to base our solutions.

They aren't allowed.  We condone it by our apathy, division, ignorance: we are motivated by fear that it could be worse.

The elite class is held to account by the masses when the elite ceases being responsible.  I agree with you, rage, that they have been unchecked for far too long.
Perhaps it's also relevant here to ask, how do we proceed without being incarcerated and/or murdered, ourselves?  Or, even, how do we proceed without being murdered?

The fear that it could be worse is a deterrent, and it's not exactly unrealistic.  We do jail people without trial (and we did long before that bill got passed a couple years ago).  We do hold people criminally accountable for thought crimes.  God only know what else is happening that we're unaware of because it gets censored or filtered out.

If things ever reach a tipping point where some kind of social uprising actually does occur on a broad scale, how much worse will the political climate be for them, at that time?  Worse before it gets better, if that's how you assume it will go.

In my post I was actually writing off all of humanity, not hinting at some breed of intellectual übermenschen who are capable of rule. Our limitations make utopia unattainable.

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2013, 09:51:25 AM »

In my post I was actually writing off all of humanity, not hinting at some breed of intellectual übermenschen who are capable of rule. Our limitations make utopia unattainable. There are no workable solutions to the human condition.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2013, 10:14:16 AM »

Nice argument.  :green:

That's not really what I think though. I'm afraid I disagree because I do think the masses should rule. Everyone has the right to be heard. Everyone has the right to live happily.

I'd like to tell you about a man who ran for presidency and lost. This guy was a decent fellow. He was intelligent, he cared about the individual, and i'd love to vote for him. As part of his campaign geared for the "working" man, he refused to accept any contributions over 50 dollars US. Sadly, this is the reason he lost. Not just anyone can be president when you actually look into how a president gets elected.

The guy didn't make it into the debates because he did not raise enough money. Apparently you need TONS of money to get national recognition, or you are just a peon and your voice is silenced.

Therefore, only slimy pieces of crap will be elected as president of the united states. The masses do not have a voice. Presidents and government are merely a mouthpiece for whoever is richest during their term. You gonna take that shit? :eyebrows:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2013, 01:17:48 PM »

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disabilityresearch/wi/generalinfo.htm

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2013, 01:40:38 PM »

That's not really what I think though. I'm afraid I disagree because I do think the masses should rule. Everyone has the right to be heard. Everyone has the right to live happily.

I'd like to tell you about a man who ran for presidency and lost. This guy was a decent fellow. He was intelligent, he cared about the individual, and i'd love to vote for him. As part of his campaign geared for the "working" man, he refused to accept any contributions over 50 dollars US. Sadly, this is the reason he lost. Not just anyone can be president when you actually look into how a president gets elected.

The guy didn't make it into the debates because he did not raise enough money. Apparently you need TONS of money to get national recognition, or you are just a peon and your voice is silenced.

Therefore, only slimy pieces of crap will be elected as president of the united states. The masses do not have a voice. Presidents and government are merely a mouthpiece for whoever is richest during their term. You gonna take that shit? :eyebrows:
you are too focused on the top.  The president is elected by walstreet.  The president is the monster and walstreet is the head.  How do you kill the monster....cut off its head.
Do you bank with B of A?

You want to change things?  Don't focus on the president.  Focus rather on local elections.

Walstreet spelled this way on purpose?
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2013, 01:46:06 PM »

you are too focused on the top.  The president is elected by walstreet.  The president is the monster and walstreet is the head.  How do you kill the monster....cut off its head.
Do you bank with B of A?

You want to change things?  Don't focus on the president.  Focus rather on local elections.

Walstreet spelled this way on purpose?

Nono I was just using that as an example. I was relating a personal experience of mine as a punctuation to my statement. America is not free. The "American dream" is false advertising. Not just anyone can be elite, or the president, or make the real decisions.

The working man is merely that. A docile workforce to be used as a well oiled machine for the purpose of cranking out products and services that make a select few families SHITLOADS of money. That money doesn't trickle downhill man. It WHOOSHES up, and the stuff we get is crumbs that our lords and masters decide we've earned by working 100000x harder in a year than they will in their entire life.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2013, 01:48:38 PM »
I think it can be argued that we are less free because we consider ourselves to be the most free.
Americans are so lame....we lie to ourselves as a coping mechanism.
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »
I think it can be argued that we are less free because we consider ourselves to be the most free.
Americans are so lame....we lie to ourselves as a coping mechanism.
I'm pretty sure most people do that.

American lies are... well, we do have our own unique flavor to 'em, don't we?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2013, 06:54:42 PM »

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disabilityresearch/wi/generalinfo.htm

Hm, that deserves a thorough read. It's pretty clear what we have now isn't working, but I don't know the why.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »
With unemployment around 8% and real wages stagnant over the last thirty years, why should we?
Welfare to work and outsourcing if jobs has been a nightmare for the American worker.  All you are doing is increasing the competition (more available workers) into a limited resource (decent paying labor intensive jobs).  All this will do is further enslave the American worker and strangle out the middle class.

The first step, IMHO, is to have a real discussion, which produces real solutions about how wealth is distributed.  Otherwise, income inequality is going to strangle the middle class and America is going to turn into any other haves and have not countries.
America will always be wealthy.  But if we continue to squeeze out its middle class (redistribute up) then America loses its exceptionalism.

Yeah. The outsourcing thing.

I wonder if that one has to be solved at a federal level. Technology has made it too easy for corporations to take advantages of the conditions offered by more corrupt governments than the USA's, without facing repercussions from first world powers.

I disagree that America will always be wealthy... all nations rise and fall and there's no reason to think the current world setup is any different. The strongest base of power in the world has changed over and over throughout history.

I mean why not, if you have offices in Dallas, Mumbai, Beijing and London, why not take advantage of the cheap labor offered in one place and the educated/networked manager types in another? What incentive do companies have to distribute anything fairly? And what indeed would be fair? A kind of affirmative action program based on standard of living rather than skin color? That seems implausible but I can't think of anything that might work better.