Educational

Author Topic: To austerity or to not austerity....  (Read 506 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: To austerity or to not austerity....
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 11:29:14 AM »
Isn't the debt inextricably linked to the economy?

(in ways I understand very little about)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 11:40:00 PM »
Yes, the value of money is only imaginary. Economy works just beacuse almost everyone acts like money had any real value. Pretty bizarre.

:indeed:

We need to replace fiat currency with money that has REAL value, like silver certificates or something like that.

Money came about partly to represent something that was too heavy to carry around. The value of silver is just as imaginary, if you think about it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 07:42:17 AM »
A just society will meet the needs of the least of its citizens....food, clothing and shelter.

Barter with paper all else.
Misunderstood.

TheoK

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 11:16:53 AM »
A just society will meet the needs of the least of its citizens....food, clothing and shelter.

Barter with paper all else.

Sweden has done that for many years.

From the Instrument of Government:

"Article 2.
Public power shall be exercised with respect for the equal worth of all and the liberty and dignity of the individual. The personal, economic and cultural wellfare of the individual shall be fundamental aims of public activity. In particular, the public institutions shall secure the right to employment, housing and education, and shall promote social care and social security, as well as favourable conditions for good health.
---"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »
Simplify the shit.

Lets turn all this shit into two cavemen. One caveman gets lucky (Caveman A) and digs up a few more roots than the other one. The other one is unlucky (Caveman B) and doesn't really have enough to eat.

Caveman A says UNGH UNGH and gives Caveman B a few of his roots. They chow down, but now caveman B is indebted to caveman A. Caveman A goes on to to this to everyone, because he's just a lucky bitch like that. Fast forward about 20 years. Caveman B makes knife out of flint. Its really useful. All of the sudden caveman A walks up and takes the shit, because everyone is indebted to him. Nobody argues. Now caveman A is owed a bunch of favors, and has a powerful tool. Fastforward five years. Caveman A is fucking alpha. He pretty much owns everything, and all the other cavemen are pretty much only "allowed" to use their own inventions and eat their own food cause he's such a super guy.

Geddit?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 01:08:33 PM »
Gfy, mitt.  Those entitled fuckers need to recognize.
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 05:43:24 AM »
Isn't the debt inextricably linked to the economy?

(in ways I understand very little about)
Exactly the issue- your average layperson in America doesn't know exactly how debt vs. the economy works, but if the media connects them enough, assumes they are connected.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 07:25:06 AM »
Do you think they're not connected?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 07:44:03 AM »
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world" Archimedes

Like everything financial, there is often great and simple way to effect desired results but not adhering or being able to adhere to "the plan" throws this under a bus.

Leveraging debt is a great way of building wealth and we see this with savvy investors

Investor A saves for a year and saves up $10000 that he wisely invests in great performing stocks over the course of two years they raise 30%

Investor B copies him but at the start of year two takes out a personal loan of $10000 and invest that in the shares too.

Investor A

$10000 x 130% = $13000 worth in year one
$13000 x 130% (+ $10000 saved over that year) = $26900 end of year two

Investor B

$10000 x 130% = $13000 worth in year one
$10000 of loan proceeds + $13000 = $23000 x 130% = $29900
Hangon what about $10000 debt? Well Investor two was saving paying $232.68/month for 14% interest rate on his $10000 five year personal loan. So whilst he was not able to put $10000 into the shares at the end of the month like investor A. He could put in ($10000 - [$232.68/month x 12 months] = $7207.84)

So yeah Investor A is carrying no debt and Investor B is, but investor B is able to easily service it and is building wealth .

Investor A after 2 years - $26900
Investor B after to years- $29900 + $7207.84 = $37107.84

If they invest the same then over the next 5 years Investor b will have no debt and higher wealth than Investor A who did not take on debt. Without leveraging debt, people cut out a primary way to wealth. Done badly or if bad luck strikes Investor B's downside is greater.

Countries are the same on a larger scale
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap