Author Topic: Marx fabricated screen shots to get Alfonso banned.  (Read 3773 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Marx fabricated screen shots to get Alfonso banned.
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »
Well, we know that Sir Les has fucked a cow, sow how could bestiality be a bannable offence??

Yes, yes then I divorced her. Old news.

I didn't say it was new news.

I'm just saying that nothing that you and Jack are talking about are reasons to get banned. They may be assholish things to say, but if being an asshole gets you banned here, then it would only be CBC and Queen Vic here comparing shoes.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »
Well, we know that Sir Les has fucked a cow,
Stop being a fag, scrapheap
sow how could bestiality be a bannable offence??
Never said it was a bannable offense; not always so great with expression and making things clear.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
Well, we know that Sir Les has fucked a cow, sow how could bestiality be a bannable offence??

Yes, yes then I divorced her. Old news.

I didn't say it was new news.

I'm just saying that nothing that you and Jack are talking about are reasons to get banned. They may be assholish things to say, but if being an asshole gets you banned here, then it would only be CBC and Queen Vic here comparing shoes.

You are right and I am sure I have said as bad or worse than I am being accused of.
All the same I don't like being accused by people I respect of shit I did not do or say. I figure if people are doing that, they have to back their claims.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »

I don't think you are stepping on toes nor that this recent RL occurrence really resembles what happened here. In fact probably the opposite, if anything.

Actually it's extremely similar and involves two members of this site. They know who they are. The only real difference is, what I did was worse. Of course we're going to forever disagree about what happened here and what didn't, and where the line of discussion lies in matters of crime. I'm not singling you out, or pointing to anyone else. We are very different, but I am much like you. I'm glad it seems we might walk away okay...dogs with our bones. I'm really hoping it never happens again, with anyone. I don't like having this type of conversation and usually don't. I don't know how to say what I know is right without saying others are wrong, which gives the affect of imposing my truth on others. It's not me. I'm still going treat you like I always have, because I like you, sir.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »
Actually the line is reasonably easily ascertained. That is what I have said all along. Is what is being said or done endangering the site. Posting Bestiality probably crosses that line in a way the little emoticon won't. But can be confirmed by reference to the rules underpinning the TOS. I've done that. No grey area.
If fact all your accusations have been similarly black or white.
It is not some vague six of one half a dozen of another, up for question.
They were black and white, yes or no, did or did not and right or wrong. No speculation
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2013, 09:15:21 PM »
Odeon certainly clarified what is a bannable offence. It's great you said that. You are correct, black and white, and the line they make between them. It's how I roll, and can't see beyond it; not sure I would want to. Though realize I view myself by the same standards. As a teenager, I created piece of art for my mother; It's the only thing I've ever created that the perfectionist in me considered worth keeping. It's a self-portrait, the only one I've ever done; if you knew me better, you'd know why that's funny. It's interesting to look at it now because I was so young when creating it. I knew who I was then as concretely as I know now. It's extreme forces of black and white.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2013, 12:55:32 AM »
This thread is making me think quite a bit about something similar I did not so long ago. I said something I knew was bad/wrong/untrue about someone and it was out of line, and worse than this because it was behind their back. What I said was phrased in such a way that allowed the flexibility for me to say *I* didn't say that. When my comment was challenged, that was my reflexive response; that's exactly what I said...I didn't say it, and all the semantic reasons why. That wasn't true. I did say it, no matter how it was worded. I much appreciate the person who I said it to, because they refused to allow me to deny it. I admitted my wrongdoing to the person I said it, and also admitted it to the person I said it about, even though they might have never otherwise known. I'm feeling really good about this discussion today. I'm thankful for this exercise, though regretful for stepping on toes.

Both you and Al are taking this far too seriously. No offence intended fellas.

Agreed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2013, 12:57:43 AM »
They may be assholish things to say, but if being an asshole gets you banned here, then it would only be CBC and Queen Vic here comparing shoes.

The mental image of the two comparing shoes is priceless. :plus:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2013, 01:06:31 AM »
Fuck off, Cartman. Kids are having a butthurt drama fest here.

FTFY Odeon.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2013, 01:08:55 AM »
You wouldn't understand so I won't bother explaining.

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2013, 01:30:56 AM »
Odeon certainly clarified what is a bannable offence. It's great you said that. You are correct, black and white, and the line they make between them. It's how I roll, and can't see beyond it; not sure I would want to. Though realize I view myself by the same standards. As a teenager, I created piece of art for my mother; It's the only thing I've ever created that the perfectionist in me considered worth keeping. It's a self-portrait, the only one I've ever done; if you knew me better, you'd know why that's funny. It's interesting to look at it now because I was so young when creating it. I knew who I was then as concretely as I know now. It's extreme forces of black and white.
Does it look anything like this?  :zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2013, 06:58:40 AM »

Even without Odeon clarifying, I had shown by the very things underpinning the rules that i had not erred. That the accusations that I had and that the expressed accusations that I was knowingly breaking them fell by the wayside. But then I did not wait for Odeon. I actively researched to see where my positions were in respect to the rules before he commented. I would have fallen on my sword had i have (which was kinda completely invalidating yet another accusation).

In all these things there is a provability. It did not require Odeon giving a nod one way or another to make an accurate judgement.
In the same way saying I exactly said that "Alfonso fucks dogs" is exactly provable as a credible and more importantly valid claim or it is exactly provable as an invalid claim.

With these things it is not rational or honest to hold onto these things as vaguely ambiguous. It is only one thing or another. Not subject to interpretation. I did not get lucky that on this time and in these particular instances the claims proved false but under different scrutiny or for different reasons they may have been valid. They simply failed because they were not credible, correct or honest representations, and could not stand up to investigation.

There is no blurring of the lines or grey areas in your accusations. Approximately 10 pages of denouncing your accusations to me and I believe invalidating them. They were never right or never kind of right or nearly right. They were wrong and did not withstand scrutiny.

When too it is proved what I did or did not say then dishonest quote-cropping tactics aside, saying "I know what you said" or building a line of discourse of the "ifs", "whats" or whatever based on a claim of something I did not say is Fox News dishonest.

So no your story, about two unknown members here is not relevant for this reason. It is having to say "Yes but IF we pretend that you actually did say that Alfonso fucks dogs then...." I am not willing to pretend and it would be not only dishonest to nod my head along with this story, looking to draw paralleled that don't exist, but it would be absurd.

I don't know that the above quote actually addresses anything - you are a perfectionist and like black and white?

Again the accusations were provable and always were they proved in my favour not yours. They all did. Every single one. So being that you were making them against me (yes you say they were not specific....look at what you said then reassess) and so vehemently, I am going to ask again, why?

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2013, 04:05:42 PM »
I wasn't trying to address anything, but rather an attempt to be personable in my point of view, pointing to myself so you don't see me as pointing at you. Though to be fair, being personable isn't my strongest suit. I know I'm a black and white thinker, and I actually saw you pointing that out to me as being a cue that you do in fact understand and accept my point of view, regardless of how much you disagree, and that we might both be done telling each other they're wrong. Obviously I misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »
I wasn't trying to address anything, but rather an attempt to be personable in my point of view, pointing to myself so you don't see me as pointing at you. Though to be fair, being personable isn't my strongest suit. I know I'm a black and white thinker, and I actually saw you pointing that out to me as being a cue that you do in fact understand and accept my point of view, regardless of how much you disagree, and that we might both be done telling each other they're wrong. Obviously I misunderstood.

Yes. The black and white was rather the provability of the claims/accusations none of them lent themselves to shades of grey. I had no idea about the portrait or what this meant.  It does strike me that as the accusations were at me and able to be disproven and that you seemed to be so many of them, there must be something behind all this more than you are leading on. Yes?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2013, 05:26:08 PM »
They may be assholish things to say, but if being an asshole gets you banned here, then it would only be CBC and Queen Vic here comparing shoes.

The mental image of the two comparing shoes is priceless. :plus:

We are both short and round and the sensible-shoe type.   :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"