Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135308 times)

TheoK

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #10890 on: April 23, 2011, 08:27:40 PM »
If you drink at home there is no age limit.
So there's no contributing to the delinquency of a minor there?

Not per se. If you turn a minor into an alcoholic you might get prosecuted for it or lose custody, I guess, but not as long as it is done in a responsible way. Swedish laws are pretty rigid regarding most things but with funny loop-holes in them at the same time.

In some European countries, like Greece, there is no age limit for drinking at all, not in public places either.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10891 on: April 23, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »
Drinking age is 18 here, but you can drink in restaurants or at home at 14 I think, if your parent gives you it/buys you it

something like that anyway

Osensitive1

« Reply #10892 on: April 23, 2011, 08:33:44 PM »
I see. Thank, guys.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10893 on: April 23, 2011, 11:19:03 PM »
Breakfast, shower, etc. Ate some chocolate and am posting on here.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10894 on: April 24, 2011, 03:41:04 AM »
If you drink at home there is no age limit.
So there's no laws on contributing to the delinquency of a minor there?

Here in the UK, children can be given alcohol in private at 5 years and can drink beer, wine or cider with a meal in licensed premises at ages 16 and 17 if it's bought by an adult.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10895 on: April 24, 2011, 07:52:06 AM »
Boarded a flight back home at Heathrow.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10896 on: April 24, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »
  I have gotten my   :laundry:   bagged up, now I must get it downstairs to the laundry room!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10897 on: April 24, 2011, 09:04:38 AM »
Woke up, posted some stuff online, showered, cooked, ate, had a seizure, went out to collect woodlice in some nearby wooded wasteland, caught lots of woodlice, got shit on my trousers, came home, showered and changed my clothes, ate again and posted here.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10898 on: April 24, 2011, 09:06:13 AM »
Woke up, posted some stuff online, showered, cooked, ate, had a seizure, went out to collect woodlice in some nearby wooded wasteland, caught lots of woodlice, got shit on my trousers, came home, showered and changed my clothes, ate again and posted here.

When will you get to see someone about seizure medication?  ???

People forget.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10899 on: April 24, 2011, 09:20:20 AM »

When will you get to see someone about seizure medication?  ???

I think the appointment with the neurologist is on the 21st of July.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10900 on: April 24, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »
You'd like the U.S. then!  Here you just walk into any liquor store and buy stuff (with a valid I.D. proving you are at least 21).   :beer:

It's a state by state thing.  My state's constitution lays out that alcohol can only be sold by the state.  We don't have liquor stores, we have state dispensaries.  In order to open new ones or change the hours of operation requires an act of state congress.  ???

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10901 on: April 24, 2011, 08:08:37 PM »
You'd like the U.S. then!  Here you just walk into any liquor store and buy stuff (with a valid I.D. proving you are at least 21).   :beer:

It's a state by state thing.  My state's constitution lays out that alcohol can only be sold by the state.  We don't have liquor stores, we have state dispensaries.  In order to open new ones or change the hours of operation requires an act of state congress.  ???

You're kidding, I had no idea!  Well, now I know.  My condolences to the fine citizens of your state.   :zombiefuck:

People forget.

Osensitive1

« Reply #10902 on: April 24, 2011, 08:18:35 PM »

You're kidding, I had no idea!  Well, now I know.  My condolences to the fine citizens of your state.   :zombiefuck:
Some states it varies by county. Some states have dry counties; some places only prohibit sale on Sunday. Here, beer and wine and such can be found in grocery and gas stations but hard liiquor in liquor stores, though some grocery stores also have their own separate liquor stores in the same building.

eris

« Reply #10903 on: April 24, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
My state, pa,  really isnt a state, it is a commonwealth and we have very very serious drinking laws. Bars have to close at 2, nothing is sold on Sundays, and liquor can only be obtained in "state stores". You have to buy beer/liquor at bars, or stores specifically labeled as beer/state stores. there is nothing at convenience or grocery stores without special license that is so hard to obtain most places dont bother. I think it has something to do with the "blue laws". There are a lot of Amish and religious people here...

Right across the border in WV, you can get jack daniels at the drug store at 4 am if you want :D

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #10904 on: April 24, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
My state, pa,  really isnt a state, it is a commonwealth and we have very very serious drinking laws. Bars have to close at 2, nothing is sold on Sundays, and liquor can only be obtained in "state stores". You have to buy beer/liquor at bars, or stores specifically labeled as beer/state stores. there is nothing at convenience or grocery stores without special license that is so hard to obtain most places dont bother. I think it has something to do with the "blue laws". There are a lot of Amish and religious people here...

Right across the border in WV, you can get jack daniels at the drug store at 4 am if you want :D

:lol:

I'm sure you fit in well in such a conservative area.  :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.