Author Topic: Site Management Update and Rules  (Read 9089 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Site Management Update and Rules
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2013, 06:07:59 PM »
Who'd have thunk it. Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum come along to tell me how boring I am.

I honestly don't know why, but I feel as if my presence here actually really annoys Odeon. Its kinda ironic, because the site is so tragic these days, that getting a reaction out of those two is one of the few remaining reasons for me to keep returning.

You are overestimating your importance again, dear. It's OK. I knew you would.

This site must be really boring and inactive, for you to feel the need to reply to almost all of my unimportant comments.

On the contrary.  Every site needs an idiot and right now, you are it. I suppose you keep returning because it's the only attention you can get.

So you're saying that the site isnt boring and inactive? :lol1:

Year                           New Topics   New Posts   New Members   Most Online   Page views

2012                    1255            80961              110                    48                   2948202
 2011                    2101            156875             260            262                   6826704
2010                    2098             135309             273             99                   3331151
2009                    2253             106414             140             193           2398038
 2008                    2456              129600             344              59                   2521620
 2007                    3660             226167             183            312                   4018265

According to the sites own statistics, 2012 has been the most boring and inactive year in the sites history. New topics are at an all time low by an absolute mile. Also, there were barely half as many new posts in 2012, as in 2011.

And when did you last get a new member? Like, y'know, one that actually stuck around and posted?
Im surprised you dont just build a barbed-wire fence around this place to keep the "outsiders" away :LOL:
Any forum is the sum of all its members

And that includes you

If you arent satisfied with the status quo

Do something about it

I mean, besides bitching

Of course you're right. If I really wanted this site to improve, then the burden of responsibility falls mostly on my shoulders.

The truth is though, I'm long past caring whether the site improves, or not. Just like most people here, I use this site for amusement. At the moment, the only amusing thing about this site is bickering with Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum :laugh:

Obviously things might change in the future, and this site could become active again. If that happens, I'm sure I'll start posting normally again.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2013, 06:16:44 PM »
[

Of course you're right. If I really wanted this site to improve, then the burden of responsibility falls mostly on my shoulders.

The truth is though, I'm long past caring whether the site improves, or not. Just like most people here, I use this site for amusement. At the moment, the only amusing thing about this site is bickering with Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum :laugh:

Obviously things might change in the future, and this site could become active again. If that happens, I'm sure I'll start posting normally again.
[/quote]you should start now :viking:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »
[

you should start now :viking:
[/quote]

Not now, but some day I might just surprise you :green:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2013, 07:56:33 PM »
[

you should start now :viking:

Not now, but some day I might just surprise you :green:
[/quote] :indeed:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »
Scrap, Butterflies: you can both be village idiots. It's OK.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2013, 03:27:05 AM »
Sir Les, it's OK if you don't want to profess your undying love for me. I won't hold it against you.

:autism:

It's Ok? It would not matter either way would it Scrap?
Fuck knows what you are on about and why you are cracking onto me? I am not 5'5' skinny with no brains and big tits and 20 something. More importantly, if you can appreciate all those rather large deviations....I am not female and far from interested
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2013, 04:01:52 AM »
Who'd have thunk it. Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum come along to tell me how boring I am.

I honestly don't know why, but I feel as if my presence here actually really annoys Odeon. Its kinda ironic, because the site is so tragic these days, that getting a reaction out of those two is one of the few remaining reasons for me to keep returning.

You are overestimating your importance again, dear. It's OK. I knew you would.

This site must be really boring and inactive, for you to feel the need to reply to almost all of my unimportant comments.

On the contrary.  Every site needs an idiot and right now, you are it. I suppose you keep returning because it's the only attention you can get.

So you're saying that the site isnt boring and inactive? :lol1:

Year                           New Topics   New Posts   New Members   Most Online   Page views

2012                    1255            80961              110                    48                   2948202
 2011                    2101            156875             260            262                   6826704
2010                    2098             135309             273             99                   3331151
2009                    2253             106414             140             193           2398038
 2008                    2456              129600             344              59                   2521620
 2007                    3660             226167             183            312                   4018265

According to the sites own statistics, 2012 has been the most boring and inactive year in the sites history. New topics are at an all time low by an absolute mile. Also, there were barely half as many new posts in 2012, as in 2011.

And when did you last get a new member? Like, y'know, one that actually stuck around and posted?
Im surprised you dont just build a barbed-wire fence around this place to keep the "outsiders" away :LOL:
Any forum is the sum of all its members

And that includes you

If you arent satisfied with the status quo

Do something about it

I mean, besides bitching

So you posted that the site has low numbers. I know you want to say the site is boring and inactive over and over and think that it means something. You similarly ask why don't we want to build a barbed wire fence around here? Of course there is no reason we would seek to do than even figuratively and so it means ....as per normal you are trying to imply a lot of bullshit without saying it. Right Butterflies?

So Butterflies why not just say rather than imply...."You guys are trying to keep people out and the reason why there is a drop in numbers is your fault." I know why and you do too. There are many reasons why certain peopel and people in general do not post here. A big part of that is that we are a niche site in a subset upon a subset of a community. Forums by and large are very much affected from repurcussions like facebook, instagram, twitter, online applications and the like.  This has really affected forums throughout the world and it will continue to impact forums.
People leave and go for different reasons and sometimes they come back and sometimes they don't.

But of course that aside this place is a lot more inactive than it has been in various times. Sometimes though it was active and a shitfest. Sometimes its particular activity forced members or made people simply not want to bother keeping posting.
You are of course not trying to imply inactivity or comparitive inactivity to be anything other than bad right?  :apondering:
Boring? Maybe. But boring to who? You? And, that is what? A bad thing?

Of course given the opportunity you and Scrap and your friends can show up how o make a highly engaged active, non-boring site can't you. I mean, not to sound like hypocrites. You could call it Spasticity or Zomgreloaded or something. What do you reckon?  :thumbup:

As to whether you may post normally again...you do keep threatening this and I do not know why you have to keep underlining this or what we HAVE to do in order to get you to. Post or don't post BUT why do you think we give a fuck about you or whether you post or not?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2013, 09:07:53 AM »
@Les. I don't expect a niche site like this to be too active. However, the fact that activity has almost halved in the last year should be a source of concern.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2013, 09:38:03 AM »
@Les. I don't expect a niche site like this to be too active. However, the fact that activity has almost halved in the last year should be a source of concern.

It should? It will pick up or it won't. We will not MAKE people join and we simply could not if we even wanted to.
People want to come here they can and if they don't they don't have to. The same goes for people staying here or not.
This has been the way it has always been......hasn't it?
Is there some inference or implication you are trying to lead to here butterflies or are you just terribly worried and concerned about you do not care for because it is boring and has nothing going for it other than to reply to me and Odeon?
Not following you.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2013, 02:45:31 PM »

Why should anyone be bothered about what you have to say?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2013, 02:54:47 PM »

Is there some inference or implication you are trying to lead to here butterflies or are you just terribly worried and concerned about you do not care for because it is boring and has nothing going for it other than to reply to me and Odeon?
Not following you.

I'm sorry Les. I cant get Google Translate to translate incomprehensible gibberish, into English.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2013, 02:57:28 PM »

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

You and your pea-brained mate seem pretty bothered by almost everything I have to say :facepalm2:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2013, 02:59:56 PM »

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

You and your pea-brained mate seem pretty bothered by almost everything I have to say :facepalm2:

Overestimating your own importance again, I see. ::)

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2013, 06:44:23 PM »

I'm concerned. I'm too jaded at the moment to take the bait though.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2013, 11:54:50 PM »
It may or may not be an issue, but that is not why Butterflies is posting it.

- Albert Einstein