Educational

Author Topic: When trolling a religion goes wrong...  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: When trolling a religion goes wrong...
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 06:26:48 PM »
I watched 5 minutes on Youtube and had several thoughts.

1)  Ye gods and little fishes, it is juvenile, crude, and awful cinematography.
2)  I'm Jewish and I'm offended by the content.
3)  I can understand how some Muslims would react violently to it.  Understand, not condone.
4)  I don't understand why it was made?  Is it a joke, an insult, a political statement, a political trick?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 06:28:30 PM »
the actors said a lot of their lines were dubbed over

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 06:30:15 PM »

I read that also.  It makes me almost want to have actors have final say over their lines and scenes.  Yes, I know they aren't professional actors.  They do seem horrified about the whole thing.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 06:43:55 PM »

Can that term be used that loosely and still have any meaning :zoinks:

As to why it was made, it was made to stir shit and it is doing a very good job of it

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 07:03:13 PM »

Which adds to the theory that this film was deliberately produced to provoke a hostile reaction. No actor in their right mind even desperate for a role would dare associate to such a thing. This entire production was made out of pure malice and deception.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »

Which adds to the theory that this film was deliberately produced to provoke a hostile reaction. No actor in their right mind even desperate for a role would dare associate to such a thing. This entire production was made out of pure malice and deception.
since they are associating all americans with this movie

I cant see where they can complain much if we lump all of them together, when one of their nuts goes over the line with stupidity.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 09:24:10 PM »
They evacuated the Canadian embassy in Egypt today too.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 07:02:01 AM »
Let's face it. There are some people in all camps that would love nothing better tan to see it boil over and escalate. Some Christians and Some Muslims.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 07:39:21 AM »
Now British and German embassies in Sudan have been attacked. Also Lebanese protestors burned down a KFC store so not even western corporate entities are safe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19602177

This is only going to get a lot worse I'm afraid.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 07:55:38 AM »
Now the US Embassy is being targeted by mobs of protestors in Sudan as well as in Tunisia.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 07:58:40 AM »
India too now, although they only damaged a few windows and the police booth by the US embassy.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/US-consulate-targeted-in-Chennai-over-anti-Prophet-Muhammad-film/articleshow/16397437.cms

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 08:38:29 AM »
And on american soil someone open fired on a mosque in Atlanta, firing into a crowd during prayer. A 7 year old child was severely injured. My Mum saw it on the news down there.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »
And on american soil someone open fired on a mosque in Atlanta, firing into a crowd during prayer. A 7 year old child was severely injured. My Mum saw it on the news down there.

Strange, google isn't showing up any online articles about a Mosque shooting in America yet. :-\

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »

Strange, google isn't showing up any online articles about a Mosque shooting in America yet. :-\
Yeah I know I googled it to post a link and can't find anything yet. Maybe she got the city wrong. That would very much be like my mother :P

midlifeaspie

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
The dude who made it is Egyptian, so let's kill all the Americans!!!