Educational

Author Topic: "I read the news today, Oh Boy...."  (Read 4515 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: "I read the news today, Oh Boy...."
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2016, 08:03:52 AM »
Clothing manufacturer pulled it's t-shirt because some idiot said they were offensive to people with celiac disease. The t-shirts were white with black letters: "Are you gluten free?" A petition with 50,000 signatures was sent to the manufacturer.

Seriously?

I just don't get it. What's offensive about that?

I find those 50,000 signatures very offensive.  :M

I'm offended that you're offended.  :M

I'll sue you, for hurting my feelings.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2016, 08:16:42 AM »
Clothing manufacturer pulled it's t-shirt because some idiot said they were offensive to people with celiac disease. The t-shirts were white with black letters: "Are you gluten free?" A petition with 50,000 signatures was sent to the manufacturer.

Seriously?

I'm offended that you're offended.  :M

I'll sue you, for hurting my feelings.

You threatened to sue me.  That's intimidation.  You're in trouble now.  :emosad:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2016, 12:27:35 PM »

Seriously?

That's a measure of how many helicopter-parented "special little snowflakes" there are out there.  :soapbox:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2016, 12:38:52 PM »

Seriously?

That's a measure of how many helicopter-parented "special little snowflakes" there are out there.  :soapbox:

Thought it was about as intelligent as the whole debate about what buttocks are allowed to sit on what toiletbowls.

WTF? Do male buttocks require male buttock proof seatings on the toilet? Do female buttocks require extra soft seating? Are there no doors in public toilets, so people cannot wipe their posteriors in private without being checked for the shape of their genitals?

Really, the news lately is astonishing. In the USA people get upset about what happens behind closed public toiletdoors. In Turkey Erdogan lost his sense of humanity and thinks he has changed into a god without a sense of humour.

The world is going beserk.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 12:40:49 PM by hykeaswell »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2016, 01:03:21 PM »
I'm allergic to PC people.

I might be but as far as all these "false freedoms"  go, this movement that makes it possible for one individual with a recurring itch can have the itchy thing removed from the world, makes me want to wretch violently at my best shoes.

:hurl:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2016, 01:10:14 PM »
7-8 ISIS warriors have supposedly crossed the border and now pose a threat to Stockholm.

Godspeed. Not sure how close you are to the capital, but ...
Let us hope that your Swedish special forces types find them before their mission is complete.

Are you armed? Can you swing a rake?

Not joking, but do you have a supply of water and first aid at hand?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2016, 07:11:51 PM »

Seriously?

I think the implication is supposed to be that the shirt wearer is propositioning people s/he wants to "eat" and asking first if they are gluten free?

Also as someone with celiac I find the whole thing offensive and I am traumatized and upset that there was no trigger warning.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2016, 01:35:50 PM »

Also as someone with celiac I find the whole thing offensive and I am traumatized and upset that there was no trigger warning.

:rofl:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2016, 02:25:38 PM »

Seriously?

I think the implication is supposed to be that the shirt wearer is propositioning people s/he wants to "eat" and asking first if they are gluten free?

Will this do?   :litigious: :tooledup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2016, 05:46:42 AM »
7-8 ISIS warriors have supposedly crossed the border and now pose a threat to Stockholm.

Let us hope that your Swedish special forces types find them before their mission is complete.

I'm not armed, no. I very much doubt they'll terrorise my immediate surroundings as I live on the countryside. There just aren't that many viable targets here. But with that said, we have both a water supply and a first aid kit at hand.

I'm slightly more worried when in London, tbh.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2016, 06:42:32 PM »
"Caitlyn Jenner Reportedly to Pose Nude for SI Cover with Olympic Medal, USA Flag"

Caitlyn Jenner is reportedly set to appear naked on an upcoming cover of Sports Illustrated to honor the 40th anniversary of her 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon gold medal.

Dana Rose Falcone of Us Weekly reported Wednesday a source confirmed the former track and field superstar will appear on the cover wearing "nothing but an American flag and her Olympic medal." It's the first time she'll pose with the medal since completing her gender transition in 2015.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2016, 02:04:56 PM »
 :zombiefuck:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2016, 05:48:21 PM »

I'm not armed, no. I very much doubt they'll terrorise my immediate surroundings as I live on the countryside. There just aren't that many viable targets here. But with that said, we have both a water supply and a first aid kit at hand.

I certainly would be as well.

I am somewhat "envious"  of you living in the countryside.

Problem here is that Indiana is almost out of pleasant countryside vistas available to purchase by an upper middle class investor.
 :'(

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2016, 03:35:59 AM »

Problem here is that Indiana is almost out of pleasant countryside vistas available to purchase by an upper middle class investor.

I like it here--it's sort of a village, close enough to a city for working and visiting, but far enough to not be a bother.

But I do like living in London the weeks I'm there--if I were to move to a city more permanently, that's where I'd go.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2016, 04:55:24 PM »

I like it here--it's sort of a village, close enough to a city for working and visiting, but far enough to not be a bother.

But I do like living in London the weeks I'm there--if I were to move to a city more permanently, that's where I'd go.

Holy crap! Even though you are afraid to be there due to the eminent and constant possibility of terrorism, as one of the preeminent cities representing the "infidel" way of life?  I know, Brits are brave. BUt do you really want to be one?
Dude?  (I think you should enjoy what countryside you have the privilege of living in.)

I have not been there, but you know what I think of the entire idea of Britannia related stuff in general. I have made it clear; if I am pursuing prejudice, it is those who formed many of the failures my own country has to live with which we had to fight over a number of times to just get the "crown's influence" out of our land.

If I had my choice, I would go for Seattle or about fifty miles outside or about fifty miles outside Denver, assuming I was not able to "go back home"  and create a fabulous place in the southern parts of Texas, near a river I can fish in and on the weekend go to the coast and fish in the sea.

I miss fishing where you can eat your catch. Indiana is not safe to eat, in my book. Too much industry pollution over more than a century of neglect.
(I did not know any of this when I moved here to marry the woman of my dreams)
 :zombiefuck: