Educational

Author Topic: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...  (Read 16767 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: Before you climb up my ass, with a list of questions ...
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »
Why did they strap you down Callaway? :(

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 07:42:43 PM »
hey, waddup dawg?

know anything about audio?
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2006, 07:46:34 PM »
I had an emergency Caesarean section, so they had to do it, I guess.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2006, 07:47:28 PM »
hey, waddup dawg?

know anything about audio?
ummm ... errr... yeah.

Not really into latest digital studios, but in the few vintage places that are still standing, I would be right at home, even still.

I wonder if I'm the only one here who uses a modern tube amp for stereo.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 08:00:58 PM »
I had an emergency Caesarean section, so they had to do it, I guess.
It kind of sounds like a convenience thing for them. They've probably had a few women totally freak right when they were too busy to deal with them.

We were lucky in so many ways. There were no major problems at birthing. The worst they did to my wife was an episiotomy, both times.

I remember watcing them suture her and they were getting really concerned about my mental health. I was merely watching and they were all worried about ME. Trying to convince me to sit down and relax ( I was relaxed, especially after the boy turned out so healthy ) and telling me that most men can't watch this without passing out. I mean jezus fucking christ bleeding on a stick, they just cut HER pussy open, not mine. They needed to pay attention to that. I was fine! I just wanted to make sure no one said "OOPS!", ya know.

MOD:

To faithful and gentle readers in the future, please, understand and recognise that I am not belittling the extreme trauma that a woman's body endures from the moment of conception and through to the end of lactation during reproduction. I am merely pointing out that our time in the delivery room was as straight-forward and problem-free as possible. We were very fortunate.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 02:47:10 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »
I've seen emergency c-sections before but I've never seen them strap a woman down before- that sounds like a really horrible experience Callaway and scary too.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2006, 10:52:46 PM »
DirtDawg, if i recall correctly, you asked me about some alternative fairytales/stories etc didnt you?

Well if you were serious, i couldnt find my old sanskrit/hindi ones which i was referring to, but i found a few little short stories of eastern nature etc, if you still want them i could copy a few i found, along with some titles and paste them to you in a PM or whatever, when i have some free time.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 02:36:23 AM »
Hey HG,

Before you go to too much effort, let me make you aware of something about my daughter, who's in kindergarten. For one, she is reading quite well and is ready for materials well in advance of what a normal seven or eight year old would be able to read and enjoy. Another important point is that she is extremely tactile in nature, which means that a stack of computer printed pages would not have the same intrigue as an actual book, with proper binding, stiff, compressed paper pages, slick, detailed illustrations, and portability.

Whatever I get for her will have to be in 'real' book form. So, merely a listing of some of your favorite stories or authors would be sufficient and very helpful. The thing you said before, which caught my attention, was the availibility of stories which portray women as strong and self sufficient, intelligent and able to meet and overcome challenges, instead of the western version of the submissive door mat type of woman, nothing more than a spectator as her destiny is defined, unable to affect the direction of her own future, and waiting for that special knight in shining armor to wisk her away to freedom and happiness, happily ever after, etc. To me those fairy tales are like pure poison to her character.

She is not self sufficient, she is five, but she is self contained and complete in her mind and has my survivor instincts and desire to broaden herself. I want to encourage that natural tendency of hers to fend for herself as much as I possibly can. Titles and authors will be great if you can offer those. Otherwise, I will search forward, myself in that direction. Either way, I want to thank you for the ideas.

:)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 02:52:33 AM by DirtDawg »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 06:21:15 AM »

Going back to this question for a few minutes ...

I have put up the answer that everyone with kids expects, but it's true. Even though it seems like a cop-out, pat response to an evocative question, I can't state it any more strongly. My kids are IT!

I don't think it is a cop-out response, I certainly find life with my kids, trying to understand them, the new experiences I have because of them,etc incredibly interesting.  Its an experience that can be difficult at times and tiring, but the rewards are so more than worth it.

How many children do you have? (sorry if you've answered this before somewhere else already).

Edited to add: yeah you did already say how many kids you have- sorry but I'm absolutely warn out today so my memory isn't at its best.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 06:31:56 AM by purposefulinsanity »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 06:38:42 AM »

How many children do you have? (sorry if you've answered this before somewhere else already).

Edited to add: yeah you did already say how many kids you have- sorry but I'm absolutely warn out today so my memory isn't at its best.

No problem. I have earned my braggart badge. What we really need for half of my BS is a Captain Obvious smiley.

<;^)

MOD:

BTW, it's a boy, seven, who looks like Daddy and a girl, five, who looks like Mommy. Both PDD. Perfect.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 06:44:36 AM by DirtDawg »

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 01:01:48 PM »
I sent you a PM DirtDawg with some ideas, names etc.

ozymandias

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 03:36:06 PM »
+karma for DirtDawg, when my daughter was born, I was right there and saw her coming out every step of the way.  I basically saw my role as being the support for Carla and telling her that she was doing ok!  Which during the birth process, she grabbed the front of my shirt pulled me down to her face and demanded to know if she was doing ok!  That was during the major contractions and she needed mega reassurance!  Fortunately, she did great, no epesiotomy or even painkillers.  As for the cutting of the umbilical cord, neither one of us even thought about it, we were both in a daze!  In hindsight I'm glad we had a great crew of nurses and the doctor, they handled it and that suited me just fine.

As for Callaway's emergency cesaerean, it's a surgery protocol to have a screen even with scheduled procedures!  Cutting open the abdomen is dicey under the best circumstances and the risk of an infection there is unthinkable.  The slightest infection in the abdominal cavity is difficult to treat and can have awful consequences.  As for tying the wrists down, that may have also been for safety.  I know that Carla began to reach down towards Amber before she had fully come out and they had to stop her, but, they did it gently!  Carla was to put it mildly, out of her mind a little bit with the pain and excitement.  I shudder to think about the emotional state of a woman having an emergency cesaerean.  Giving birth is not for the timid and I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted the experience!  So my hats off to all the mothers out there!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 03:43:45 PM »
Thanks for explaining why they strapped down my arms and put up the screen, Ozymandias.  I have always wondered afterward, but at the time, getting her out safely was my biggest concern.  I'll never forget when the doctor counted while he took the loops of her umbilical cord out from around her neck.  Fortunately they had time to let me stay awake for the surgery and I was glad for that, even though it was not exactly the birth I had planned.  The most important thing is that she was born alive.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2006, 06:50:28 PM »
I sent you a PM DirtDawg with some ideas, names etc.

Wow!

We will get a lot of good from your listing, complete with synopses! I'm impressed and I'm in your debt.
Thank you so much.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2006, 06:53:11 PM »
...  So my hats off to all the mothers out there!

Can I get a AMEN, brothers?  :)

Well said, Ozy!