Author Topic: Troll jailed for racist comment  (Read 4259 times)

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
Re: Troll jailed for racist comment
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 09:45:39 AM »
OK, thanks; I prefer the GUI version, never learned much of the codey stuff. Couldn't find it here, should have just right clicked image, copy URL & pasted, with the 'image' thing, like:
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2012, 10:07:44 AM »
You guys are a joke! When people group together and bash someone just because a group of people think it's fun then you get what you deserve. Giving long nasty descriptive paragraphs disparaging me warrants a minor insult of slut. Get over it, Twat!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »
You guys are a joke! When people group together and bash someone just because a group of people think it's fun then you get what you deserve. Giving long nasty descriptive paragraphs disparaging me warrants a minor insult of slut. Get over it, Twat!

So, what if someone calls you a slut or a twat over your nasty paragraphs disparaging other people?  Would you figure that it's just a minor insult compared to what you have dished out yourself and you are just getting back what you deserve or would you cry over your spaghetti?

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2012, 10:19:23 AM »
Chill, Meadow!  :police:  You're not doing yourself any favors with that language, honestly! Take some long deep breaths & post a more thought out & calmer version, huh? (Sure, I'm 1 to talk, with all my 'spam', huh?)  :squiddy:

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »
Ho's can dish it out but Ho's can't take it.  :hahaha:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »
Yay, Sybill is back  :zoinks:

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
Why not quote whatever Bodie called you, then? I missed those posts!  :squiddy:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:39:22 AM by BruceCM »

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2012, 10:50:15 AM »
Yay, Sybill is back  :zoinks:

Wasn't Sybill a fraud cooked up by her psychiatrist feeding her lots of drugs like sodium pentothal?  I remember her writing a letter saying that she was just acting out the different personalities.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »

Is that what you keep telling yourself?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »
It's always the fault of alcohol, or something else. He'll be fine and probably capitalize on his publicity. Negative publicity works well that way and lots of sympathizers too. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

I don't feel sorry for him either, but I still think that jail time for nothing more than words is a bit ridiculous.

The relatives who thought they were losing their child during all that think it's fair, undoubtedly. A few days in jail isn't going to hurt him and I personally think it's fair under the circumstances.

What the relatives think is fair should make no difference. And a month in jail definitely could "hurt" someone

I sure as hell wouldn't want to spend one night in jail

I've had some pretty awful things said to me on the internet before (just as bad as what this guy said, and said directly to me, repeeatedly). Should those people be sent to prison for that too? Should EVERYONE who posts shit like that online be put in prison, or just the racist ones?

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2012, 11:50:35 AM »
It's always the fault of alcohol, or something else. He'll be fine and probably capitalize on his publicity. Negative publicity works well that way and lots of sympathizers too. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

I don't feel sorry for him either, but I still think that jail time for nothing more than words is a bit ridiculous.

The relatives who thought they were losing their child during all that think it's fair, undoubtedly. A few days in jail isn't going to hurt him and I personally think it's fair under the circumstances.

What happened wasn't his fault.  And what the family thought was fair isn't relevant.  Go by what "victims" think is fair, and they'll be executing people for cutting them off on the freeway.

It's not about whether the prison time will do him harm, but about the fact that this sentence will convince others with unpopular opinions to keep their mouths shut.  The whole idea of free speech is to protect unpopular (and yes, even outright offensive) speech.  If we are only allowed to express popular, gov't approved, opinions then speech isn't free at all.

Read any law book and you'll see a straight line can't be drawn through anything. There are numerous and sometimes countless shades of gray between black and white. My only suggestion to you is screw on your thinking cap and get busy, and good luck because it looks like you're going to need it.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
Adam, you have to be able to know where the lines are for yourself, and when we get it wrong sometimes we have to pay the consequence.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2012, 12:03:05 PM »
Meadow, out of your plethora of personalities,  do you have any funnier than that one...cus that one is starting to get a bit...stale?
blah blah blah

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
Meadow, out of your plethora of personalities,  do you have any funnier than that one...cus that one is starting to get a bit...stale?
Oooh? Miaow?  :mischief:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2012, 01:12:55 PM »

What happened wasn't his fault.  And what the family thought was fair isn't relevant.  Go by what "victims" think is fair, and they'll be executing people for cutting them off on the freeway.

It's not about whether the prison time will do him harm, but about the fact that this sentence will convince others with unpopular opinions to keep their mouths shut.  The whole idea of free speech is to protect unpopular (and yes, even outright offensive) speech.  If we are only allowed to express popular, gov't approved, opinions then speech isn't free at all.

Read any law book and you'll see a straight line can't be drawn through anything. There are numerous and sometimes countless shades of gray between black and white. My only suggestion to you is screw on your thinking cap and get busy, and good luck because it looks like you're going to need it.

Cute.  Name a "law book" please :)