Author Topic: Want to body build for real strength  (Read 874 times)

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
Want to body build for real strength
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:08:23 PM »
I have been thinking, I want to toughen up.  But not in the fake way.  The real way like asians do, with painful stances and real hard work (as seen in the films Drunken Master, Kill Bill and Karate Kid.)   Not the fake western way of milkshake protein and steroids.

For example, look at the fake hard man in this picture.  His mucsles look soft, I expect he takes those drugs that inflate them up like fragile balloons.  And notice the facial expression.  He is nervous, unsure, he knows deep down fake modern methods won't help him handle himself.
He has taken no care of his inner strength and spiritual toughness, like a Samurai would have.

Now below is my role model.  He has a genuine tough lean body and his muscle looks rock.  Built by real hard work.   Most importantly look at the face.  He is calm relaxed and self assured.  He knows nothing can shake him, though lean he is like an unstoppable force.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Want to body build for real strength
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:17:42 PM »
Run into every brick wall you see.
Try to pick up every car you see.
Race a train.
Practice jumping high enough to catch a plane.
Listen to your muscles and heart crying.
Look deep inside a drop of water.

This is your first set of instructions.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:40:56 PM »
That sounds very poetic.  But poetry is NT.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:44:50 PM »

New Testament?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:49:44 PM »
It appears to me that the top guy could curl or bench press more with ease. If empirical proof like actually lifting more than someone else is not greater strength what is? Spiritual strength? If that is like faith in things that have no empirical evidence than what use is it?  I have no belief in angels, unicorns, invisible friends in the sky etc. 

P7PSP

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:53:40 PM »
Bullshit. Aspies can read or write poetry if they please.

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 02:12:13 PM »
They can try, but if they make a good job of it and it turns out all arty and abstract, their diagnosis is invalid.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 02:33:05 PM »
Because aspies can't be arty? Because they can't handle abstractions they create?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkyra

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 02:40:29 PM »
They can try, but if they make a good job of it and it turns out all arty and abstract, their diagnosis is invalid.

Not sure if your being serious or not??
:viking:

...and his prowess on the battlefield is surpassed only by his skill in the bed chamber.

:loup: WYKINGR!

P7PSP

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »

Not sure if your being serious or not??
Oh I suspect he is dead serious. Come on everybody fall in like a good aspie "Die Fahn hoch" followed by "Aspie uber alles". We must conform or we will not be allowed into the club.   :soapbox:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »
It appears to me that the top guy could curl or bench press more with ease. If empirical proof like actually lifting more than someone else is not greater strength what is? Spiritual strength? If that is like faith in things that have no empirical evidence than what use is it?   I have no belief in angels, unicorns, invisible friends in the sky etc.

You'll believe in us when we come to get you.   :spacecraft:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »
Not the silliest thing I have read on here but it rates
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 03:53:48 PM »
It might be the difference between auties and aspies. Many aspies are so average to normal in their behavior and skills it more resembles NT.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
It might be the difference between auties and aspies. Many aspies are so average to normal in their behavior and skills it more resembles NT.

I dunno. I was diagnosed with Aspergers. My boy with HFA. We are similar and I was very much like him when I was younger.
Through learning by rote and with a drive not to be vulnerable I have painfully learned how to make do. He does not have that automy or awareness and a lot of innocence. I get torn by wanting him to maintain this innocence and child-like dependency and to toughen him up and push him into "developing" into an adult capable of meeting the world head on like I have had to do.
I just don't want him hurt too much along the way.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 04:27:48 PM »

I dunno. I was diagnosed with Aspergers. My boy with HFA. We are similar and I was very much like him when I was younger.
Through learning by rote and with a drive not to be vulnerable I have painfully learned how to make do. He does not have that automy or awareness and a lot of innocence. I get torn by wanting him to maintain this innocence and child-like dependency and to toughen him up and push him into "developing" into an adult capable of meeting the world head on like I have had to do.
I just don't want him hurt too much along the way.

I can understand your concerns for your son.

I was labeled aspie too, mainly because I have above average IQ, but I had classic early onset autism and don't think aspie is entirely accurate in my case.