Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61067 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #1635 on: June 06, 2015, 05:00:22 PM »

back on topic ...

I found something in the alley this evening. Pretty sure I know to whom it belongs. I plan to investigate and return it.

It is one of these fairly serious two and some horse power Huskvarna chainsaws :

I'm a mutherfucking  chainsawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1636 on: June 07, 2015, 02:58:36 AM »
Welcome back, EBM!

I have a dentist's appointment.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #1637 on: June 07, 2015, 02:55:18 PM »

back on topic ...

I found something in the alley this evening. Pretty sure I know to whom it belongs. I plan to investigate and return it.

It is one of these fairly serious two and some horse power Huskvarna chainsaws :

:chainsaw:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1638 on: June 08, 2015, 04:27:34 AM »
I am visiting my friend who is in hospital again, this time she is sick with side effects or withdrawals from medication. She is obese and apparently they tried to get her to use an extra toilet seat so she wouldn't break the one that is there. At first she was angry but then she was upset and said she was going to leave. I convinced her to stay because she is there for more reasons than a toilet seat. She is there to get better. I am just hoping she doesn't self harm as she has done in the past when upset.
:hug:

It's hard, seeing a friend going up and down again that way for so long.
It is, it has been years. She tends to blame others for her predicaments and it is hard to reason with someone who does that. And she always wants someone to fix her problems for her rather than face them herself. It is frustrating. She is starting a new med tonight and I am wondering if it will be any good. If it isn't, she will blame the doctors for "making" her take it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1639 on: June 08, 2015, 04:41:36 AM »
I am visiting my friend who is in hospital again, this time she is sick with side effects or withdrawals from medication. She is obese and apparently they tried to get her to use an extra toilet seat so she wouldn't break the one that is there. At first she was angry but then she was upset and said she was going to leave. I convinced her to stay because she is there for more reasons than a toilet seat. She is there to get better. I am just hoping she doesn't self harm as she has done in the past when upset.

It is, it has been years. She tends to blame others for her predicaments and it is hard to reason with someone who does that. And she always wants someone to fix her problems for her rather than face them herself. It is frustrating. She is starting a new med tonight and I am wondering if it will be any good. If it isn't, she will blame the doctors for "making" her take it.
And she still is hoping for a fix?

(Hyke wanders back to the guilt thread)
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #1640 on: June 08, 2015, 05:33:09 AM »

I had one of those "friends".  She held everybody else responsible for her happiness and did nothing for herself to improve her situation.   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1641 on: June 08, 2015, 05:47:16 AM »

I had one of those "friends".  She held everybody else responsible for her happiness and did nothing for herself to improve her situation.

I have a friend who now seems to be changing a bit away from that. Hope she can follow through. Maybe it now helped that where ever she went people told her very clearly she could not be fixed. They could aim for alleviating only, and aim for learning her how to cope.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #1642 on: June 08, 2015, 08:48:41 AM »

I have a friend who now seems to be changing a bit away from that. Hope she can follow through. Maybe it now helped that where ever she went people told her very clearly she could not be fixed. They could aim for alleviating only, and aim for learning her how to cope.

Good for her, I hope it lasts.  Kate has periods of awareness about her problems, which lasts all of a day at most.  But, then she lapses back into Pity Me or do everything for me Kate, and plays the blame game all over again.  The last straw for me was when she said that I WAS responsible for her happiness........I kid you not.  I had enough of that with my "mother", but, this is what we have come to expect from Kate.  So we ignore it and let it slide.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1643 on: June 08, 2015, 01:00:31 PM »
Go look at yet another house damaged by ice dams over the winter
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1644 on: June 12, 2015, 12:08:24 AM »

back on topic ...

I do not understand your response.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1645 on: June 12, 2015, 12:14:13 AM »

Tomorrow I am going to turn a couple of overgrown "shit maple" trees into hat racks.

I do not want the shade they offer. Should have pulled them out as seedlings, but they were "pretty" and "cute" when they were babies. Now, they are worse than Marmaduke!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1646 on: June 12, 2015, 12:19:15 AM »
Visiting my friend in hospital again, she is still there. Should be out next Friday though. This time I am visiting on a Saturday which is good as there are a lot more buses.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1647 on: June 15, 2015, 10:53:06 PM »
I'm going to work, attend a couple of meetings via Lync, and meet with a friend.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1648 on: June 16, 2015, 06:12:14 PM »
Take the car in to have the air conditioning fan motor fixed.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1649 on: June 16, 2015, 08:51:12 PM »
Work
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw