Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61057 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #1605 on: May 26, 2015, 10:59:10 AM »
back to topic...

I may take a moment to laugh at this:

Chuck Norris was born on May 6th, 1945.
Nazi Germany surrender to the United States on May 7th, 1945. 

Coincidence? I think not.

:lol1:

Some places they surrendered to the allied forces before the 7th, other places they kept on fighting for a few more weeks.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1606 on: May 26, 2015, 02:38:45 PM »
House guests should arrive tomorrow.

:hide:

... but THE RACE IS ON!!

It has been a few years since I attended The Indianapolis 500.

I am crunk!!

OMG now I want to go too!! :GA:

Should have been there!!

Following post moved from where it made no sense to here, where it makes a little more sense:

It's a good thing, a sheltered existence, you know.

So, you would never have gone with me yesterday. (Sorry, I am still pumped up!!  It was fucking AWESOME!!) You would not have gone with me into a crowd of over two hundred and some fifty or more thousands to watch the "Greatest Spectacle In Racing?"

Two hundred twenty six miles per hour, average speed around the track to take the pole position. That is approximately 365Kph for just over 4km around the track average speed, readying for a race that is about 800Km, according to google  -  that is over one hundred meters per second in a four wheeled, self contained vehicle, pal, for several hours all at once. I know you get the math, but FUCK!!  It IS amazing to experience this first hand! Does this not intrigue people anymore?

How about watching in real time while the "yet to be winner" takes the lead for the last time at well over that speed down the straightaway at only BARELY a hand width apart from each others tires, winning or sheer disaster the outcome from four mens' abilities to keep their nerve or lose it and crack them all up? They were SO fucking CLOSE together!!

I am honestly feeling that I am getting way to old to ever miss another thrill like this, ever again.
I have missed many Indy 500s over the years, but I am re-thinking my priorities today.
(Hell, I have lived here since the early nineties and only just experienced my ninth Indy 500)

But I would. I'd *love* to experience Indy 500.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1607 on: May 26, 2015, 02:41:01 PM »
Going to work. Have new stuff to work on, plus some old stuff to finish.

Also going to the pub with a couple of colleagues I know since the Prague conference.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1608 on: May 26, 2015, 07:01:29 PM »
I have to go with my mil to get invitations made for my nephews graduation party.  :zoinks:

She's picking me up in the morning. 
Trapped...like a fucking rat.

Just shoot me already. :zombiefuck:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1609 on: May 27, 2015, 03:46:32 PM »
back to topic...

Some places they surrendered to the allied forces before the 7th, other places they kept on fighting for a few more weeks.

I understand. It is supposed to be funny.

Have you not seen the hundreds of "Chuck Norris"  jokes, pics, posters, quips, etc?  If not then, maybe I will post a few more fun things.

Such as:

Fear of spiders is arachnophobia, fear of tight spaces is claustrophobia, fear of Chuck Norris is called Logic.

Some magicians can walk on water, Chuck Norris can swim through land.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't turn on the shower he just looks at it and it cries.

Chuck Norris once threw a grenade and killed 50 people, then the damn grenade exploded.

Death once had a near-Chuck-Norris experience.

... and on and on and on ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1610 on: May 27, 2015, 04:37:31 PM »
House guests should arrive tomorrow.

:hide:

... but THE RACE IS ON!!

It has been a few years since I attended The Indianapolis 500.

I am crunk!!

OMG now I want to go too!! :GA:

Should have been there!!

Following post moved from where it made no sense to here, where it makes a little more sense:

It's a good thing, a sheltered existence, you know.

So, you would never have gone with me yesterday. (Sorry, I am still pumped up!!  It was fucking AWESOME!!) You would not have gone with me into a crowd of over two hundred and some fifty or more thousands to watch the "Greatest Spectacle In Racing?"

Two hundred twenty six miles per hour, average speed around the track to take the pole position. That is approximately 365Kph for just over 4km around the track average speed, readying for a race that is about 800Km, according to google  -  that is over one hundred meters per second in a four wheeled, self contained vehicle, pal, for several hours all at once. I know you get the math, but FUCK!!  It IS amazing to experience this first hand! Does this not intrigue people anymore?

How about watching in real time while the "yet to be winner" takes the lead for the last time at well over that speed down the straightaway at only BARELY a hand width apart from each others tires, winning or sheer disaster the outcome from four mens' abilities to keep their nerve or lose it and crack them all up? They were SO fucking CLOSE together!!

I am honestly feeling that I am getting way to old to ever miss another thrill like this, ever again.
I have missed many Indy 500s over the years, but I am re-thinking my priorities today.
(Hell, I have lived here since the early nineties and only just experienced my ninth Indy 500)

But I would. I'd *love* to experience Indy 500.

I am actually glad to hear that.

You make it sound sometimes as if taking out the garbage is as far as you are willing to go.

BTW, I wear massive "gun shooting style" hearing protectors (kind of wise considering the decibel level of exhaust noise those incredibly powerful vehicles can create and witnessing them from only a few meters away while the ground shakes as they blast by - you will need something. They actually have active noise canceling radio-phones which connect you to the track announcer and cut down the outside noise at the same time. They are expensive.) to make sure that no one even thinks of trying to talk to me, I also carry a camera to further hide behind.

NO one ever tries to talk to me, unless someone I know happens upon me (rare, but it happened twice Sunday. You might have a greater chance of remaining unmolested, yourself, being just another foreigner at the race and all.)

I am planning to not miss another one.

Honestly, earlier in the month they have a "Grand Prix style"  road race at the same place where they use all they can of the "infield"  (all that area between and inside of where the main track surrounds). That race does not go as fast but it is more about setting a car to turn in "BOTH" directions and having a crew that can do everything in the pits with fewest errors and greatest speed. Similar cars, but the race is more like start,stop, turn, go, turn, fly, etc, rather than just start and go as far and as fast as you can and finish first.
I have only been to one "Road Race" style race at this track with these types of cars, but I saw two others with Formula cars and one with "stock cars - Nascar, ", but it was still amazing.  Those were actual Formula 1 cars; only time I have been very close to real "formula 1" cars.  Those things (another style of incredibly amazing car - fairly light in weight) sound more like a pissed off flock of angry mosquitoes than a herd of raging bulls.

My understanding is that Indy cars are a couple of hundred pounds heavier than Formula, use larger engines which do not turn at as high of an RPM and as a result, produce fewer horsepower than the super high-revving Formula car engines. Indy cars are designed more for really long endurance races on so called "super speedways - many of their tracks are one and one half to two and one half miles long and are basically oval" with only a few road races thrown in for the fan interest.
Most of the Formula 1 tracks are road courses and demand that the car turn in both directions and accelerate like a BANSHEE out of each turn while still being able to drop (sometimes) two hundred Kph, decelerating in a short distance to prepare for the next turn.
Very different cars, both very interesting to me.

The only Formula races I have ever seen were both here at Indy (2000  my daughter was born that winter and one a bit later that I can not remember exactly - do remember it was the year before my nephew was killed) and as far as I have been able to find out, they will no longer host Formula races at Indy.

:dunno: :'( :dunno:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:41:43 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1611 on: May 28, 2015, 01:04:38 AM »
Go to the gym in the afternoon.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1612 on: May 28, 2015, 01:20:07 AM »
Have a talk with the mentor of one of the kids at school.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1613 on: May 29, 2015, 11:53:50 AM »
back to topic...

Have you not seen the hundreds of "Chuck Norris"  jokes, pics, posters, quips, etc?  If not then, maybe I will post a few more fun things.

Such as:

Fear of spiders is arachnophobia, fear of tight spaces is claustrophobia, fear of Chuck Norris is called Logic.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris once threw a grenade and killed 50 people, then the damn grenade exploded.

I'm good at doing  :asthing: :asthing: lately.

I got what you meant, then got carried away with the fact that here the 5th of May is liberty day not celebrated as much as it deserves. And there my brain took off.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1614 on: May 29, 2015, 05:21:46 PM »
Maybe I will finish my scarf/shawl.
Would be nice.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1615 on: May 31, 2015, 03:34:02 PM »
Finished it.
And it is pretty. Quite warm too. I did not mind that at all today.

Tomorrow, I may attempt to block it. Never properly blocked something before. Wonder what it will look like after that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1616 on: May 31, 2015, 11:43:26 PM »
back to topic...

Such as:

I got what you meant, then got carried away with the fact that here the 5th of May is liberty day not celebrated as much as it deserves. And there my brain took off.

Sorry, but many of us "westerners" forget or (another apology) ignore what the fifth of May means to Danes and all of northern Europe.
It is impossible for one to apologize for an entire continent's worth of ignorance, but I AM sorry to have not been more gracious.

Most of us know you folks are  :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:   ...   ...   ...

... but it seems that we tend to get caught up in our own successes and seem to forget that none of us have acted alone. It was most of the free world against the Nazis, not just the new born Chuck Norris.

Please, allow me the chance to take the joke away and offer a kind bow to all your fallen, as we do for our own on the last Monday of May.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1617 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:05 AM »
Tomorrow I will take a walk in the morning, get my hair cut at midday and go to the gym in the late afternoon. And somewhere in the middle of that, pay two bills.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1618 on: June 01, 2015, 02:46:17 AM »
back to topic...

Such as:

Sorry, but many of us "westerners" forget or (another apology) ignore what the fifth of May means to Danes and all of northern Europe.
It is impossible for one to apologize for an entire continent's worth of ignorance, but I AM sorry to have not been more gracious.

Most of us know you folks are  :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:   ...   ...   ...

... but it seems that we tend to get caught up in our own successes and seem to forget that none of us have acted alone. It was most of the free world against the Nazis, not just the new born Chuck Norris.

Please, allow me the chance to take the joke away and offer a kind bow to all your fallen, as we do for our own on the last Monday of May.

I have to thank you. The date of May the fifth is so printed in in me that I do often not realise it is not the end date of WWII for most people. Got even stronger imprinted me after working in the building where General Foulkes negotiated with the Germans about capitulation.
Here we remember the fallen on May the fourth, and celebrate Freedom on May the fifth.

My respect to all your fallen too.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1619 on: June 01, 2015, 05:30:37 AM »
You have to understand that defeating Nazi Germany was a done deal even before we offered our help, IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!  ... but to the USA the war was not really over until the Japanese  signed the BIG papers in late August (I will look up the date if I have to) upon the deck of the USS Missouri.

That was the end of it to most of us, over here. Remember, we lost almost two thousand five hundred human lives in one morning, during ONE attack, not to mention hundreds of planes and a few important ships that supported our freedom in the Pacific.
We were not done until we brought the Japanese to their knees and "forced" them to be completely done fighting the USA, no matter where they were. We HAD to be done with that, before we were done!

Sorry to say it, but as Americans, we always seem to celebrate the beginning of a war, NOT THE END!!  (WTF!!) 

To our populace, December Seventh "is a date that  will live in infamy!!" We actually lower our flags to half mast on that day and many people still take the day off.
This is an important day to the USA, for the most part.

... but as I said, no one even knows when the end of it was, nor can anyone tell you whn the "Great War"  was over, nor when our revolutionary war ended, let alone the second time we had to convince the British to fuck off.

It seems we always celebrate the start of a war, but no one even knows when it ever ends.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:40:10 AM by DirtDawg »